Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Washington Wizards Forum

Washington Wizards Forum Washington Wizards forum - Washington Wizards message board

Old 10-07-2006, 11:44 PM   #1
imjustlikemusiq
Speak To Me Cleanly

imjustlikemusiq has an OK reputation so far
Default A Realistic Outlook On The Wizards

Washington Post Sports columnist Michael Wilbon has predicted a 50-52 win season for the Wizards this year, and Eddie Jordan is predicting an Eastern Conference Finals Appearance. In my opinion, our beloved Wizards, have done very little to enhance the teams chances of taking the next step. By ''the next step'' i mean, more than just a write-off playoff team who has no chance after the first round. Darius Songalia and Deshaun Stevenson, sadly, are not what you would call significant additions, while they will contribute, its not enough. Jarvis Hayes coming back from injury is great for the team, but once again, not enough. For the Wizards to become a strong team, they need for Andray Blatche and Oliesky Pecherov to develop into good players, that would be to 6''11 players with ball handling and shooting skills. Something nobody in the league has. However, will this change the defensive woes? No. The only person who can make the Wizards a better defensive team is Gilbert Arenas, he has all the physical tools, but its up to him, mentally, if he wants to be a defensive player than he can take us to the next level, if not, get used to mediocracy. My prediction 48-34. Elimination in either round 1 or 2 of the playoffs.
imjustlikemusiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 09:41 AM   #2
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think the 6 seed is attainable. The team I think we'd have to outdo to get there would be the Pacers, and I think that's possible. And the sixth seed is basically the only seed that will give us a chance to get to the next round because we'd be playing NJ, whom we match up pretty well with, what with their lack of an inside presence, like us.

I think his prediction of 52 wins is definately being a tad optimistic, but your 48 win prediction seems about spot on. I think any prediction for number of wins has to range from four wins, so I'd say 46-50 wins.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 10:29 AM   #3
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

it really depends on how Blatche plays... if he plays well, maybe Conference Semi's... if he plays terrible, i'll say the same as last season...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 02:33 PM   #4
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
The only person who can make the Wizards a better defensive team is Gilbert Arenas, he has all the physical tools, but its up to him, mentally, if he wants to be a defensive player than he can take us to the next level, if not, get used to mediocracy.
First of all Gilbert is arguably the best backcourt defender the Wizards have. Secondly he's a PG... he can't make us a good defensive team by himself. Because he can only guard one guy on the floor at a time. Haywood and Etan, on the other hand, can singlehandedly shut down the paint... if they do that we could have Jamal Crawford and Stephon Marbury in the backcourt and we'd still be a good defensive team. There's no way Wizards bad defense can be blamed on Gilbert. there's only so much he and any other individual backcourt player can do.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 04:20 PM   #5
imjustlikemusiq
Speak To Me Cleanly

imjustlikemusiq has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
First of all Gilbert is arguably the best backcourt defender the Wizards have. Secondly he's a PG... he can't make us a good defensive team by himself. Because he can only guard one guy on the floor at a time. Haywood and Etan, on the other hand, can singlehandedly shut down the paint... if they do that we could have Jamal Crawford and Stephon Marbury in the backcourt and we'd still be a good defensive team. There's no way Wizards bad defense can be blamed on Gilbert. there's only so much he and any other individual backcourt player can do.
The Wizards are notorious for getting killed by guards, not by fowards and centers, its Arenas who needs to be dubbed the responsibilty of stopping the opposing teams best guard. And there's no chance Arenas is a better defender than Stevenson. Im not saying Stevenson is by any means, a good defender, but come on, hes better than Gilbert.
imjustlikemusiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 07:23 PM   #6
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

52 wins sounds very high, and so does an eastern conf finals appearance

They add a healthy jarvis hayes, lose jared jeffries, and otherwise iddn't change much aside from deshawn stevenson.

I think they should be slightly better than last year but not much
insidehoops is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 07:10 AM   #7
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
The Wizards are notorious for getting killed by guards, not by fowards and centers,
that lends itself to help D. there's not much a backcourt player can do if there's nothing waiting in the paint to back him up. Why do you think Wade and Billups are NBA first team defense? is it any coincidence that they have Shaq and Ben waiting in the paint to help out? Gil's got Jamison and Haywood. its different.

Quote:
And there's no chance Arenas is a better defender than Stevenson. Im not saying Stevenson is by any means, a good defender, but come on, hes better than Gilbert.
I forgot about him. Stevenson actually is an above average defender and yea he's better than Gilbert.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 09:46 PM   #8
HippinHoopster
Athletic Park Baller

HippinHoopster has an OK reputation so far

I think the Wizards have 1 elite player on there team in Gilbert Arenas and 2 very talented players in Butler & Jamison. If they can get production out of Jarvis Hayes/ Stevenson/Thomas I can easily see them getting a 4th or 5th seed and winning the 1st round of the playoffs.
HippinHoopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 12:47 AM   #9
The Wiz
Can barely lace up my sneakers

The Wiz has an OK reputation so far

I think the Wizards can pull out the 6th seed and even get past the 1st round of the playoffs before losing in the 2nd round.
The Wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: