Default Sitting in public places listening to conversations

I hardly ever hear an interesting one yet for some reason it's hard to stop listening. Like for once I just want to here people really debating hard about something or going deep into some core issues. Then again I am at Starbucks... so what should I expect? Anybody know any good place to eat/chill and eavesdrop?

exercise profits littl MadeFromDust's Avatar

Default Re: Sitting in public places listening to conversations

nearest eatery outside nsa headquarters?

verylegit
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by Swaggin916
    I hardly ever hear an interesting one yet for some reason it's hard to stop listening. Like for once I just want to here people really debating hard about something or going deep into some core issues. Then again I am at Starbucks... so what should I expect? Anybody know any good place to eat/chill and eavesdrop?
    Try a (popular but not chain) local coffee shop. You can try a bar too...most people will start bs'ing once they begin drinking but I've had cool conversations with strangers while waiting for my drink.

Quote Originally Posted by verylegit
    Try a (popular but not chain) local coffee shop. You can try a bar too...most people will start bs'ing once they begin drinking but I've had cool conversations with strangers while waiting for my drink.
    Haven't seen you in a while.

Decent college freshman Duderonomy's Avatar

I thought I was the only one. When I have time I show up early to my night classes and eavesdrop to kid convos at the college .

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by verylegit
    This. Go to a Hipster coffee spot with a bizarre name like "Ben's Inferno" or the "Rain-forest Cafe" and you'll see marxist revolutionaries, aspiring musicians, homos and what not.

It's like that in NYC from what I experienced.

verylegit
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by knickballer
    This. Go to a Hipster coffee spot with a bizarre name like "Ben's Inferno" or the "Rain-forest Cafe" and you'll see marxist revolutionaries, aspiring musicians, homos and what not.

It's like that in NYC from what I experienced.

Same exact thing here in Phoenix.

One of the local hipster spots is called "Lux", it's like visiting the zoo for me, I get to observe a lot of these hipsters in their natural habitat.