Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Smile, you're on ISH Crystallas's Avatar

Default Re: I'm quitting smoking.

I quit a while ago.
    I have been vaping for close to 2 years. I don't even vape all that much now, its much better tan smoking. If anyone decided to go that route, dont buy the crap at the mall, a blu, greensmoke or any of the heavily advertized crap... because it's crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystallas
    I quit a while ago.
    I have been vaping for close to 2 years. I don't even vape all that much now, its much better tan smoking. If anyone decided to go that route, dont buy the crap at the mall, a blu, greensmoke or any of the heavily advertized crap... because it's crap.

which one did you go with?

Smile, you're on ISH Crystallas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Riddler
    which one did you go with?
    Well, when I started I bought a 510 standard, and that was too weak. Thats when I just said hell with it and built my own box mod. Since then I have bought and built all kinds of models, partly because I became the expert in my circle(bought stuff to help friends and family).

If you're just starting, get an eGo or Riva kit. liberty-flights.com has the best price for a starter kit. Riva-lite is what they call it, and I believe the coupon code is "ECF". I am in no way affiliated or loyal to liberty flights, their juices aren't too great, but the starter kit prices rock.

I also recommend that you don't buy juices that taste like a cig. The PV(personal vaporizer, I hate the term ecig) is really nothing like a cigarette. It will quench every nicotine craving, and the oral fixation beautifully, but it's stupid to NOT ween yourself off the ashtray flavor while you're making your break for it.

down to 3 cigs a day but not quite there yet

dont feel that burning desire to quit just yet

Have not smoked a cig for 19 months now. But I believe you relapsed since you posted about your alcohol problem a few days ago? Not prejudging you here, I still get the temptation to smoke when I'm drunk, I just tell myself that I'm drunk and my brain has gone retard that's why I want to smoke

^
    alcohol is not my drug of choice, I dont have a prob with alcohol whatsoever

I just lack the fire to really commit to quitting cigarettes

Banned

ISH = FB to Riddler.

Quote Originally Posted by RidonKs
    I was walking to work the other day and I exhaled my cig smoke over my shoulder, directly into the face of a middle aged woman riding her bike. She started coughing and I got out a quick sorry, which she just laughed at. That was awkward.

G'luck on your mission. What's your history? Lifetime smoker? How much do you smoke?

I'm only smoking a pack per week - as dictated by a strict self-enforced rule of only buying on Saturdays - so I still feel like I can quit whenever I want. I did for about three weeks back in early December. I'm a young smoker though, so I'm still enjoying the pros much more than I'm weighing the cons. I'm sure there will be a gradual shift over my life and eventually I'll convince myself to give it up. The limits I set for myself are really helpful though, and stop me from absentmindedly going overboard.

Exactly how I am, the way i limit myself even more is I only smoke when im driving, so usually ill only have 2-5 cigs a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuckey
    ^
    alcohol is not my drug of choice, I dont have a prob with alcohol whatsoever

I just lack the fire to really commit to quitting cigarettes
    Sorry I was not clear, I was addressing the OP.

Wow... I'm gonna have to go through this feeling again.

Quitting smoking is easy as f*ck if you do it the right way. Quitting cold turkey is impossibly hard but if you have the right mentality it is easier by a factor of 1milliontrillion. I quit this summer and havent even touched a single cig yet I drink and smoke up all the time

dont even try to quit through any other method, you will never quit permanently unless you understand the psychology of nicotine addiction, this shit takes an afternoon to read and it saves you a lifetime of cig addiction. just google the title of the book and the word pdf and then download this shit

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by red1
    dont even try to quit through any other method, you will never quit permanently unless you understand the psychology of nicotine addiction, this shit takes an afternoon to read and it saves you a lifetime of cig addiction. just google the title of the book and the word pdf and then download this shit

I smoked for 6 years. I've tried to quit a few times before but failed. I read the book because i was curious about it and heard good things. I became a non-smoker after reading that book. I recommend it to anybody who wants to quit.

Book pretty much explains why cold turkey is the best way to quit. using patches or gum or weaning just prolongs the agony. You won't stop having cravings until all the nicotine is out of your system. It takes three weeks for your body to completely flush it out. After that point quitting is a breeze. During that first 2 weeks or so I was a real ashole though.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    I smoked for 6 years. I've tried to quit a few times before but failed. I read the book because i was curious about it and heard good things. I became a non-smoker after reading that book. I recommend it to anybody who wants to quit.

Book pretty much explains why cold turkey is the best way to quit. using patches or gum or weaning just prolongs the agony. You won't stop having cravings until all the nicotine is out of your system. It takes three weeks for your body to completely flush it out. After that point quitting is a breeze. During that first 2 weeks or so I was a real ashole though.
    I post that shit every time someone talks about smoking here because it actually works. Smoking is one of the dumbest things someone can do, a stupid habit that many of us fall into