Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Dirk Nowitzki Fails To Break Nikos Galis' All Time FIBA EuroBasket Scoring Record

Quote Originally Posted by creepingdeath
    MPV > scoring record

Dirk's dancing >>>>>> Lebron's courtside dancing.

Default Re: Dirk Nowitzki Fails To Break Nikos Galis' All Time FIBA EuroBasket Scoring Record

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    True. But unlike Galis, he has never won a EuroBasket championship.
    I'm sure he is just crushed.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    I'm sure he is just crushed.
    He is. He said he was crushed to the media when Germany lost to Lithuania and thus he failed again to win EuroBasket.

He is. He said he was crushed to the media when Germany lost to Lithuania and thus he failed again to win EuroBasket.
    No links as usual, eh? Also, stop avoiding this point:
    You are from Arkansas. Admit it.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

You act as if Germany came into the tournament expecting to win. They have a sorry team and would have been pleased to make it to the next round. Winning it all wasn't very realistic.

As for your Galis deal.

Dirk >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Galis

Deal with it.

Washed up streetballer ACCBaller1403's Avatar

Nikos Galis' FIBA EuroBasket all-time scoring record still stands.

All-Time Points Leaders FIBA EuroBasket:

1. Nikos Galis - 1,030 points - 33 games - 31.2 Points Per Game

2. Dirk Nowitzki - 983 points - 44 games - 22.3 Points Per Game

Nikos Galis remains the greatest scorer in FIBA European Championship history. Dirk can have second place.

Nikos Galis against Italy, Yugoslavia, USSR --->

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u006esXoBM
    I don't know much about Euro bball and from what I've seen lately, it has progressed SIGNIFICANTLY from 86 (and even 92 with the dream team) but the video you posted has some of the most atrocious defense I've ever seen. The first minute is just Galis getting backdoor layups over and over. The rest of the next 3 minutes is him making awkward layups and a couple jumpers over defenders that either flop or don't jump. There is 0 help defense that is effective and it doesn't look like he's a speed demon so I'm not sure what the problem is. I had to turn it off after 3 and a half minutes of watching the same thing over and over.

Is he good? I'm sure. Did the video prove that? Absolutely not.

Just saying...

NBA lottery pick

Galis has the all time scoring record for most points at a FIBA World Championship.......

does Dirk have that?

Nope.

Get a job!!!

If Dirk played when Galis did he'd put up Wilt numbers imo. The european game was slow as **** back then...

nikos galis, that american legend

How does my Dirk taste creepingdeath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Quizno
    nikos galis, that Arkansan legend
    fixed

Quote Originally Posted by creepingdeath
    fixed

Quote Originally Posted by ACCBaller1403
    I don't know much about Euro bball and from what I've seen lately, it has progressed SIGNIFICANTLY from 86 (and even 92 with the dream team) but the video you posted has some of the most atrocious defense I've ever seen. The first minute is just Galis getting backdoor layups over and over. The rest of the next 3 minutes is him making awkward layups and a couple jumpers over defenders that either flop or don't jump. There is 0 help defense that is effective and it doesn't look like he's a speed demon so I'm not sure what the problem is. I had to turn it off after 3 and a half minutes of watching the same thing over and over.

Just saying...
    OK, I'm not into the Nowitzki vs Galis thing, but I have to mention this:
    You can say whatever you want about the (admittedly, not advanced) defense, but these are the same defenses that USA players were facing at International competitions up to the Dream Team era (really, how did the '88 Team USA manage to lose the gold medal after facing similar defenses?) and yet nobody says anything. It's not a matter of defenses, either. Put any 6'0 guy from any era against the very same defenses, and he'd struggle to be equally efficient. Galis was routinely shooting at 60%+ FG for whole tournaments, and every tournament included baskets like the ones at 1:05, 1:53, 2:01 (how the heck can someone find this stuff easy to do?), 3:59, 5:30, 5:45, 6:14, 6:55 and, of course, 7:40 - again, if this video doesn't prove he was good, put most 6-0 players (especially white ones) in an empty gym and see if they can perform the same things, then put some defense on them.

No, he wasn't a speed demon. He wasn't that kind of player. But, for his size, he had tremendous upper body strength and great hangtime, which allowed him to score so often in the paint, unlike most other European guys his size, who were shooters.

Nikos Galis = ballhog

Quote Originally Posted by ACCBaller1403

Just saying...
    The NBA has much worse defense than anything in that video.

Galis > Dirk.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    You act as if Germany came into the tournament expecting to win. They have a sorry team and would have been pleased to make it to the next round. Winning it all wasn't very realistic.

As for your Galis deal.

Dirk >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Galis

Deal with it.
    Galis >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dirk.

Deal with it.