Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-02-2007, 04:24 PM   #1
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

funkylikemonkey has an OK reputation so far
Default I know we have plenty of working out topics

But this isn't about the actual exercises, but nutrition. I need to eat 3,000 if not more calories a day, but they can't be sloppy calories. Any idea of what meals to eat that have lots of protein and calories, but aren't completely loaded with fat?
funkylikemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 04:35 PM   #2
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: I know we have plenty of working out topics

just take anabolic steroids. saves time

but go to a sperm bank first for insurance.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 04:47 PM   #3
brokenthumb
Kids at the park dunk on me

brokenthumb has an OK reputation so far

Here's what i basically keep around and eat all the time when i'm trying to eat more calories but keep them clean. I always try to stick to whole grains, low fat, low/no sugar.

eggs, lowfat cheese, whole wheat bread, whole wheat tortillas, brown rice, turkey, chicken, extra lean beef, lean steak, ground turky, natural peanut butter, tuna, bananas, veggies, beans, oatmeal, skim milk, protein shakes (last time i used Cytogainer), lowfat cottage cheese, whole wheat pasta

I get my chicken from Costco...can get a really good deal on price per pound. I'll cook/grill a bunch of chicken on sunday or monday night so i have it available and easier to just heat up and eat for hte next few days. Try to eat every 2-3 hours. Mornings I eat a half to a cup of oatmeal...and scramble four egg whites with 2 wholes eggs. Then they rest of my meals thru day will consist of a couple protein shakes, chicken and brown rice/veggies with a salad, chicken wrap, turkey sandwich, steak and red potatoes with salad, chili made with ground turkey, etc....as long as you stock your pantry with the right kind of food it's pretty easy to come up with meals and keep your diet fairly clean. i use a site called fitday when i'm counting my calories. You can use their huge database of food to select what you ate and the quantity of each. It's adds up all the calories, protein, carbs, fat, etc and gives you your totals. Even allows you to enter your own custom entries and saves them for future use. Pretty helpful in letting you know approximately how much you are eating and where it's coming from.
brokenthumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 05:37 PM   #4
poorlilrich
woop woop

poorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkylikemonkey
But this isn't about the actual exercises, but nutrition. I need to eat 3,000 if not more calories a day, but they can't be sloppy calories. Any idea of what meals to eat that have lots of protein and calories, but aren't completely loaded with fat?

Heilige and Howard5Dirk envy you so much right now
poorlilrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 08:09 PM   #5
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i eat a small meal every 3 hours or so and supplement my meals with lean protein shakes. drink the shakes in the morning, right after the gym, and before bed.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 08:45 PM   #6
hwliuLAP
Local High School Star

hwliuLAP is a pretty well-respected posterhwliuLAP is a pretty well-respected posterhwliuLAP is a pretty well-respected poster

I heard there's this recreational drug that makes you really hungry
hwliuLAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 08:58 PM   #7
qwerty
(o_0)

qwerty has decent reputationqwerty has decent reputation

buy a weight gainer.
qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 02:33 AM   #8
LakersDynasty
Very good NBA starter

LakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputation

Smoke weed, you'll be hungry all day.
LakersDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 11:15 AM   #9
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Make it all relevant to this:

Carbs = 4 calories
protien = 4 calories
fat = 9 calories

You need fat bro. Good fats. PM me if you want more details and questions about supplements.
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 11:18 AM   #10
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

BTW, jaydacris, fatboy, lovetriangle, ALB, and others, how are yuor results coming along?
Fatboy, haven't talked to you in a while, did you hit your target?
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: