Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-21-2012, 05:23 PM   #31
TheMan
MJ GOAT, U MAD?

TheMan is popular on this boardTheMan is popular on this boardTheMan is popular on this boardTheMan is popular on this boardTheMan is popular on this board
Default Re: Fox News getting beat in ratings by MSNBC since election

Quote:
Originally Posted by Math2
Based on the crowds he was drawing, in addition to some polls skewing it way towards Democrats, that's pretty much why.
Democrats have a bigger base...and guess what, we did come out and kick some GOP ass
TheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:24 PM   #32
TheMan
MJ GOAT, U MAD?

TheMan is popular on this boardTheMan is popular on this boardTheMan is popular on this boardTheMan is popular on this boardTheMan is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59
There, fixed it for ya. Most people with any credibility outside of the faux news disinformation bubble knew it was a long shot for Mittens to win. Some even used math/statistics to show the reality of the situation. These people and their methods were bashed by that faction as 'scientific gobeldygook'.

And then reality set in.

Quote:
You Think Nate Silver Was Impressive? A Princeton Neuroscientist PERFECTLY Nailed The Popular Vote
Walter Hickey | Nov. 7, 2012, 11:35 AM | 14,375 | 17

Sam Wang
Neuroscientist Sam Wang at the Princeton Election Consortium made a bold call last night.
Wang indicated that his model found that Obama would close with 332 Electoral votes.
Wang also called the following popular vote spread:
Final predicted popular-vote margin: Obama +2.2 +/- 1.0%.
Two-candidate vote share: Obama 51.1%, Romney 48.9%.
This morning, what did we find? Well, if Florida goes to Obama, he'll close out with a strong showing of 332 electoral votes. And as for the popular vote, here's what Wang says in his "morning after" post:

The popular vote is Obama 51.1% to Romney 48.9%. Again, this exactly matches my prediction, which was state polls with a little Bayesian help from national polls.

So even if Silver's magnum opus of prediction wasn't convincing enough to convince people that polls are fair, accurate and analytical, Wang's similar performance should do the trick.

All together, Wang's relative beat of Silver on this one shows that, if anything, not only are aggregation models here to stay, but the business is bound to get a lot more diverse in the years to come.

http://www.businessinsider.com/meet-...iction-2012-11

Yeah, science and math, what bullshit

Last edited by TheMan : 11-21-2012 at 05:33 PM.
TheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:34 PM   #33
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Matthews totally flips out over dumb Bachmann statements

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4SuzEWI_0o

classic
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:39 PM   #34
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I've reached put up or shut up time with Chris Matthews. He's very smart, but he's completely editorial based now. There's nothing wrong with that, but there's a line you've got to toe between policy crusader and biased hack.

He's no different than O'Reilly. O'Reilly won't run for anything because he'd get stomped so it's at least a bit understandable, but if Matthews actually wants to do something other than talk he needs to run for a House seat. He'd have a decent chance of winning.

Eventually the same with Maddow. She's not even 40 yet I don't think but stop wasting time. Al Franken's a Senator (and a damn good one), Maddow could absolutely be one. No more whining about the lack of real progressives in the senate, there's not a single real progressive that would have the support Maddow would. Kerry's not getting any younger, he gets the SOS nod there you go. I think she could easily win that seat. Would be a clear frontrunner if regardless whenever Kerry hangs it up.

This is my biggest problem with the cable news hosts. They never run for shit.

Last edited by InspiredLebowski : 11-21-2012 at 05:42 PM.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:14 PM   #35
EnoughSaid
#COYG

EnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this board

CNN >>>>>>>>>

EnoughSaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:59 PM   #36
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
Chris Matthews - I have a love hate thing for him. He gets a bit out there with his wide eyed awe of past Dem leaders and sometimes he is quite adept at putting his foot in his mouth with comments that can go over the line. But I appreciate when he puts a fool to the fire for being full of it. He is essentially a liberal mirror of OReilly IMO. Its 50/50 if I'll finish his show and I usually know within 5 minutes if I'm going to be able to stand his tone.....

As for Sharpton, I do like the different perspective he brings content wise but I find his show unwatchable due to his constant stammering, stuttering and inability to read his prompter. He is much better one he gets into a group discussion though. He needs to get rid of that "Nice try, but we gotcha" segment.

As a New Yorker, I like my Al Sharpton fat. I can't get used to this gastric bypass Sharpton. Also his voice is terrible for TV. (BTW, I had a pedicab driver one day tell me that his parents lived next door to Al Shaprton and that Sharpton was having an affair with Lil Kim.

With Matthews I find it hilarious how much he has shifted back and forth depending on who was in the White House and what line the bosses at MSNBC were taking.

Last edited by KevinNYC : 11-21-2012 at 11:12 PM.
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:29 AM   #37
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Math2
Based on the crowds he was drawing, in addition to some polls skewing it way towards Democrats, that's pretty much why.

Ha, keep up the idiocy. Romney was gonna win because the crowds he was drawing! More great insight from ISH's resident tard.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 01:46 AM   #38
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
Ha, keep up the idiocy. Romney was gonna win because the crowds he was drawing! More great insight from ISH's resident tard.
I covered a Boehner rally in Ohio a week before the election. There were about 50 people there.

Once again, neocons pick and choose the events which "count" and the ones that don't. Just like they pick the "experts" that count and the "polls" that count and ignore or vilify the others. It is truly an impenetrable bubble.

That was some rally, btw. I had a bet with a co-worker on whether or not I could make Boehner cry. I lost.

Must have been on his meds.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 07:00 AM   #39
Sharmer
Alpha Centauri

Sharmer posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrySharmer posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
MSNBC has a liberal bias that gets me tired of them but when they report something and we're not talking analysis they're good about keeping it factual. FOX News is paying the price for the faulty election analysis that had their more loyal viewers thinking Romney was going to win.

Would you say, that there audience is gullible, to believe that Romney has a legit chance of winning?
Sharmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 07:14 AM   #40
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharmer
Would you say, that there audience is gullible, to believe that Romney has a legit chance of winning?
I'm not sure if that's a fair statement to make simply because if I had grown up in a home where we listened to Limbaugh instead of NPR I myself would have been one of their suckers, at least at first. When you grow up thinking a certain way and a media outlet reinforces your thinking you're going to be inclined to trust them. They're saying what you think so they must be telling the truth, right? Well, the lies FOX News has been telling for so long have finally bitten them in the ass. You can get away with telling people there's no such thing as man-made climate change because cutting down on driving to save gas is inconvenient and it's not killing us right now. But when you say Nate Silver is lying, the polls are wrong, Romney will win and he loses there's no argument or comforting reality for the viewer. They now have the hard, undeniable facts in front of their faces, so if you are still buying into FOX? You're beyond gullible, you're brain-washed.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: