Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeremy Lin

Default Re: Jeremy Lin

I want to remain rational and cautious about this kid but it's so damn difficult.

At first I thought, yeah it's 1 game or 2

Then he kept LINning and I thought, yeah he's playing only vs scrubs

Then he kept LINning and I thought, can he last more then a week?

Now I only got 2 more things left to think:
    (1) how he will do when the teams will start to exploit his weaknesses (dubious from the distance, and 99% right-handed)?
    (2) how would he fare in a non-Pringles system?

Krust Kingz

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch
    Lin has played great but let's wait at least until the end of the season before calling him a superstar.
    [COLOR="Navy"]When was the last time you can say the Knicks as team played this good? Last year October/November....

When was the last time you can say the Knicks looked good on both ends of the floor?

When was the last time you can say the last 2 games would have been double digit losses instead close victories?

Sorry I know this kid will come down to earth. I know he cant go left. I know he cant shoot that great. I know he is wreckless with the ball. I know sometimes his body is racing past his mind and he gets out of control!

But if he is the catalyst for other guys to be better and he was born with the "Dragon Clutch Gene" the team wins then he is a SUPERSTAR![/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Old Knicks are in the building http://youtu.be/D2-3J63eXU0[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Rameek
    [COLOR="Navy"]Superstars makes teams better and they win games. This is what he has done. Knicks are just better all over the court with this kid!

Yep I will scream it off the roof tops....

Lin is a SUPERSTAR![/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Kobe, LBJ, Wade, Durant, Lin official Superstars of the NBA.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Navy"]Just off the money Dolan has made in the past 13 days or so this kid deserves the full Mid-Level for 3 years. [/COLOR]
    Now that's overreacting

No superstar spends one year as a scrub at the borderline with the NBDL.
    He found the best system for his style of play: Pringles "give me a high-IQ PG or we always lose" ball.
    A fast-paced well-spaced attack makes him thrive and hides the damages of his many turnovers and dubious defense.
    He's also 99% right handed.

I'm not saying he cannot work and improve, but dubbing someone a superstar after one week is overreacting.

[COLOR="White"]BUT I HOPE YOU'RE RIGHT[/COLOR]

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

By definition of " superstar", you'd find that Lin fits a lot of the criteria.

He is definitely playing like one.

Local High School Star The Ownage's Avatar

Lin can have a 10/5 game for all I care tonight. What I know he will definitely do is give us the drive to win. That's all he's about.

But won't be surprised if he drops 30/10/5 on they asses.

Krust Kingz

Quote Originally Posted by Jasi
    Now that's overreacting

No superstar spends one year as a scrub at the borderline with the NBDL.
    He found the best system for his style of play: Pringles "give me a high-IQ PG or we always lose" ball.
    A fast-paced well-spaced attack makes him thrive and hides the damages of his many turnovers and dubious defense.
    He's also 99% right handed.

I'm not saying he cannot work and improve, but dubbing someone a superstar after one week is overreacting.

[COLOR="White"]BUT I HOPE YOU'RE RIGHT[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Navy"]You see thats why most people call very good players superstars when its not warranted. Superstars is a label that gets tossed around to easily. IMHO

A Superstar makes the team better and/or win. I can pick apart his game with the best of them but his influence is more than his on court production. Its the effect of the player around him and making them better. To me thats a superstar.

Your definition and everyone else definition can be different. I dont begrudge people thinking Melo and Stat are superstars. I disagree wholeheartedly because it doesnt mesh with my definition. Most people its based on popularity for me sports related its about making people better and/or winning. [/COLOR]

[COLOR="White"]Of Course I'm Right its Mr. Negative Meek![/COLOR]

"The Residential Pit" franchize's Avatar

[QUOTE=Rameek][B][COLOR="Navy"]You see thats why most people call very good players superstars when its not warranted. Superstars is a label that gets tossed around to easily. IMHO

A Superstar makes the team better and/or win. I can pick apart his game with the best of them but his influence is more than his on court production. Its the effect of the player around him and making them better. To me thats a superstar.

Your definition and everyone else definition can be different. I dont begrudge people thinking Melo and Stat are superstars. I disagree wholeheartedly because it doesnt mesh with my definition. Most people its based on popularity for me sports related its about making people better and/or winning. [/COLOR]

So guys that are perennial allstars aren't superstars but a guy who's had a great 6 game stretch is?

N by your own definition, Kevin Durant is NOT a superstar.

All I'm saying is...I've seen this movie before. I'll leave it at that.Go Lin, Go Melo, Go Amare, Go Shump...most importantly, Go Knicks!!!

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Melo and STAT are both better than Lin.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by franchize
    How does a game winning shot calm down anything lol Dick
    That was the joke.

Krust Kingz

[QUOTE=franchize]
    Quote Originally Posted by Rameek
    [B][COLOR="Navy"]You see thats why most people call very good players superstars when its not warranted. Superstars is a label that gets tossed around to easily. IMHO

So guys that are perennial allstars aren't superstars but a guy who's had a great 6 game stretch is?

N by your own definition, Kevin Durant is NOT a superstar.

All I'm saying is...I've seen this movie before. I'll leave it at that.Go Lin, Go Melo, Go Amare, Go Shump...most importantly, Go Knicks!!!
    [COLOR="Navy"]I am the biggest skeptic, cynic, skip bayless guy in the world. I havent been this excited over this team since the Sprewel days.

I am riding this wave of optimism and excitement until the tidal wave or ripple hits the beach!

One of the things that disappointed me about last night was the fact that Stat wasnt able to come in and take his game to the next level. Hopefully when Melo returns and these guys get in shape they can add more to this team!

I disagree with the Durant thing because he's infused excitement into a small market state! His effects more than the team.[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    Melo and STAT are both better than Lin.
    [COLOR="DarkOrange"]No one will doubt this but I hope they can see what leadership and making a team better actually means. Its not just scoring![/COLOR]
    Last edited by Rameek; 02-15-2012 at 03:46 PM.

"The Residential Pit" franchize's Avatar

I disagree with the Durant thing because he's infused excitement into a small market state! His effects more than the team.
    I agree with most of your statement except this. I don't know about where you live, but for the last decade, everywhere I've lived, the Knicks were a laughing stock...And I've lived in 3 different states in the last 10 years. NY, VA and MD (and I work in DC). That changed when we got Stat n Melo. That's gotta count for something right?

NBA rookie of the year

We've been a laughing stock all season with Melo.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoooter
    We've been a laughing stock all season with Melo.
    Bad coach was the reason.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    Bad coach was the reason.
    D'antoni + Stoudemire = Knicks turning the corner towards legitimacy
    D'antoni + Stoudemire + Melo = LOL Knicks

Quote Originally Posted by Scoooter
    D'antoni + Stoudemire = Knicks turning the corner towards legitimacy
    D'antoni + Stoudemire + Melo = LOL Knicks
    D'Antoni + Stoudemire + Melo + Billups = 7-1 vs top teams last year.

We lost our PG, and instead of changing the system, coach tries to turn Douglas into a PG