Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    you can't stop me get these NETS's Avatar

Default Re: Jay Williams: "There were guys smoking weed before games."

Quote Originally Posted by flipogb
    rather have my players smoking weed than riding motorcycles. but of course not doing either would be better
    basically that

hate Duke

wish the Bulls wouldn't have paid the rest of his rookie contract, which they were NOT obliged to do

Jay Williams should never have opened his mouth about locker room or behind the scenes stuff

or as rick ross once said "joe canseco just snitchin because he finished"

Local High School Star Lord Leoshes's Avatar

Yes I agree with everyone hear, everyone who does not do what I feel is right are evil lowlifes cause they have a different opinions of life then I do.
    How dare they be different then what I expect of them. What do they think, that this is a free country or something?

Everyone who tries to control someone else should be shot in the head, for attempted slavery.

NBA Superstar

I do not agree with the repeated assertion that Jay Williams "snitched" in this case. I believe there was a context to these specific comments and that context dealt with the striking change between Williams' college basketball environment and the one he was introduced to during his first year in the NBA.

I don't think Williams' point was specifically centered on drug use. Instead, I think he was using that as an example (as well as mid-game booty calls) to illustrate how goals and expectations differ so vastly from a league filled with young male millionaires traveling around the country versus the college experience.

I personally think it's a topic that'd interest me to hear more about. I believe many NBA players care a lot less about competition and winning than we think they do. Of course, that's not to say I blame them. If I were handed 5.6 million dollars and was then told to maintain the same drive and passion I had from before I was rich, I don't know if I could pull it off.

That's why, in part, I found Paul Shirley's book so interesting (Can I Keep My Jersey?. Many writers over the years seemed to stick to reporting the basics of what we think or know about NBA players - their drive, their will, their tough upbringing, etc. It was refreshing to finally hear someone step up and say, "Hey, you know what? These are normal people. And sometimes, they argue about whether the United States has 51 or 52 states."
    Last edited by Rake2204; 02-11-2013 at 07:54 PM.