Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 08-02-2006, 07:51 PM   #1
fan_since_85
Kids at the park dunk on me

Default News Flash

The NBA has rescinded the trade between Sacramento and Philadelphia last year. Skinner, Thomas, and Corliss will have to return to the 76ers and C-Webb will return to Sac..... j/k

Are you guys happy with Webber? What are they saying about him in sixerland?
fan_since_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 09:26 PM   #2
NBAfan32
High school junior varsity star

Why'd you have to make three threads? Or was that a malfunction? Anyway, that trade left Philly with very little depth, giving away three productive players which left them really thin in the frontcourt since then. So far the first two years havent been what fans expected from an AI-CWebb partnership. Cwebb is definitely the most talented sidekick AI has ever had, however the injury and age just limits his effectiveness. He can still contribute decent numbers from time to time but he's a big liability on the defensive end. This Sixer team right now could arguably be the most talented team AI has been on as a 76er, they just need a veteran coach that can get them to a direction and discipline this bunch.
NBAfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 09:27 PM   #3
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBAfan32
Why'd you have to make three threads? Or was that a malfunction? Anyway, that trade left Philly with very little depth, giving away three productive players which left them really thin in the frontcourt since then. So far the first two years havent been what fans expected from an AI-CWebb partnership. Cwebb is definitely the most talented sidekick AI has ever had, however the injury and age just limits his effectiveness. He can still contribute decent numbers from time to time but he's a big liability on the defensive end. This Sixer team right now could arguably be the most talented team AI has been on as a 76er, they just need a veteran coach that can get them to a direction and discipline this bunch.

Co-sign.
The Italian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 10:27 PM   #4
fan_since_85

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBAfan32
Why'd you have to make three threads?

Sorry about that, I don't know what happened!

I know what you're talking about with the liability on the defensive end, but I still was happier before the trade. The only thing I liked out of it was Skinner and they went ahead and gave him up for nothing. I haven't got to see many Philly games since the trade but I know they should be running more give and go, and backdoor plays to utilize Webber's passing skills with Iverson's speed. I thought they'd make the playoffs for sure.
Old 08-03-2006, 06:58 AM   #5
NBAfan32
High school junior varsity star

Skinner was impressive when he was dealt to Sacramento. Grabbed around 9 boards and had around 2 blocks in about 20minutes per game. Problem was Jim O'brien's system. Kenny Thomas, Skinner and Williamson did not actually fit into his scheme since he wanted a PF who could shoot 3s and spread the floor. He was really pushing for King to get Walker, but ended up with Webber instead. I agree about running the offense more through Webber, get everyone involved. The Sixers lack identity so they should really sort a lot of things out. Question for Sixer fans. Would you have preferred Walker (the offer was supposedly Glenn Robinson + Dalembert) or having Chris Webber now?
NBAfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 06:52 PM   #6
fan_since_85

The games I've seen I catch myself thinking, "when are they going to run some two man game with Webb and AI?". Man, it just seems so simple. Iverson slashing and cutting....C-Webb is deadeye from the elbow. I don't get it.
Old 08-20-2006, 09:50 PM   #7
sean
I brick open layups

I don't know if the 2 man game between these 2 is simple. They make it look good when it's working, but some teams really do their homework against the sixers.
sean is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: