Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Orlando Magic Forum

Orlando Magic Forum Orlando Magic forum - Orlando Magic message board

Old 02-24-2007, 10:23 PM   #1
JMEWLS

Default Dwight - I like his attitude!

Source
Quote:
Before Friday night's game, Dwight Howard said he wouldn't mind a first-round playoff matchup against the Detroit Pistons, but he doesn't think it will happen. The Pistons look like a good bet to be seeded No. 1 in the East, which means a first-round series against the No. 8 seed.

"I'd love to play them in a series. It would be a great experience for us because I like the way they play," Howard said.

"We'll be in the playoffs, but I don't think we'll be in the eighth spot. We're better than that."

Dooling breathes easy

For most of the Magic players, the trade deadline passing didn't affect them. But for Keyon Dooling, it was a little different.

"For me, it was a relief because I love Florida so much. I don't ever want to leave," Dooling said. "For a guy like me, change would not be good."

Earlier this month, Dooling's wife had their third child. The family has been shuttling back and forth between his home here and Fort Lauderdale, where he grew up. Dooling was drafted by the Magic in 2000 and immediately traded to the Los Angeles Clippers, where he spent the first four years of his career. When he became a free agent, he signed a one-year contract with the Miami Heat. Then he signed a two-year contract with the Magic before the 2005-06 season.

Battie being cautious

For C/F Tony Battie, the healing in his right thumb has gone well if a little slower than expected. Battie said he still may be a week away from returning to the lineup. He has been out since Feb. 7 with a chip fracture of his right thumb. He is wearing a splint on the thumb, and he still can't catch or hold the ball well with that right hand.

"They're afraid if it's not healed all the way, one pop, and it's broken again," he said.

Battie will be at the YMCA in Lake Mary today from 2-3 p.m., talking to kids about sportsmanship and helping with an awards presentation.

Happy birthday

The Magic players presented Helen DeVos, the wife of team owner Rich DeVos, a jersey with the No. 80 on the back to help celebrate her 80th birthday, which is today.

He really wants to be in the playoffs. I really like the work ethic and attitude he brings to the team.

Hopefully we will make the playoffs, and do well.
Old 03-03-2007, 05:44 AM   #2
Sword.Dragons
Good High School Starter

Default Re: Dwight - I like his attitude!

Well, now we're chasing the 8th place team, which isn't good.. i hope Orlando does get to the 8th spot so they can play Detroit like Howard wants. I think it'll also be special for Darko, bcoz he's got somethign to prove to Detroit.
Sword.Dragons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 08:33 AM   #3
JMEWLS

Default Re: Dwight - I like his attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sword.Dragons
Well, now we're chasing the 8th place team, which isn't good.. i hope Orlando does get to the 8th spot so they can play Detroit like Howard wants. I think it'll also be special for Darko, bcoz he's got somethign to prove to Detroit.
We would gain alot of experience by versing Detroit, we'll probably come out lossing. But we'll be winning in terms of experience.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: