Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Trick Hoopz Alley-Oops

Default Re: All-NBA First Team

Quote Originally Posted by jb220
    How can you leave Melo off entirely?

He's better than Gasol, Durant, Randolph and Aldrige.
    Melo didnt do shit this season.. he spent half the season frolicking with his free agency, came to new york, helped them lose a bunch of games and got swept out of the playoffs. Kobe didnt do shit this season either, i don't even know why he's on the list.

I rule the local playground Soothing Layup's Avatar

How can you leave Melo off entirely?

He's better than Gasol, Durant, Randolph and Aldrige.
    Far from it budster :)

Durant actually shows up on D, and is the back to back scoring champ. So how exactly is Melo better?

Quote Originally Posted by Soothing Layup
    Far from it budster :)

Durant actually shows up on D, and is the back to back scoring champ. So how exactly is Melo better?
    If Durant "shows up on D" then so does Melo :)

One is not clearly better than the other, I agree that it's preference b

26/7/3 on 46%
    28/7/3 on 46%

Yeah far from it, dumbass.

The Holy Trinity

Default Re: LeBron James, Derrick Rose highlight 2010-11 All-NBA squad

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    I'm not arguing shit.

Rose won MVP and first team all NBA.

Props to him.

If he didn't win anything this year I sure-as-hell wouldn't be in here bellyaching like ya'll chumps...most of which are butt hurt and judge the MVP and all NBA honors on stats and nothing else.
    I wouldn't think you would, considering Rose is 22. Wade doesn't have nearly as much time, and in case you're unaware, being snubbed/disrespected is not exactly new for him.

And, yes, I do think that stats (yes, including wins; they are a stat) should be heavily-determinant in NBA awards especially the non-MVP awards. Why is LeBron by and large considered the best player in the world? His stats. If it were "stats and nothing else", then he wouldn't have the wins to go along with it.

But, if the wins are there, stats are what produce the wins. They may be team or they may be individual, but the explanation for wins can be found in one stat or another. And there are stats that are capable of determining who/what are responsible for the wins (like the ones that show Chicago's defense is more "valuable" to them winning than Rose)

Otherwise, we're just voting for the best story or the player who happened to have the team-circumstances in place that made them seem "most valuable"....
    Last edited by jrong; 05-12-2011 at 05:26 PM.

I rule the local playground Soothing Layup's Avatar

If Durant "shows up on D" then so does Melo :)

One is not clearly better than the other, I agree that it's preference b

26/7/3 on 46%
    28/7/3 on 46%

Yeah far from it, dumbass.
    Now compare their first round stats :)

hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe24Clutch
    Switch rose for wade
    So the league MVP shouldn't be on the all-nba first team? Ridiculous - it should be switch Kobe for Wade.

NBA rookie of the year Glide2keva's Avatar

Wade should've been there over Kobe, not over Rose.

Rose earned his spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Skep
    Yeah, they have great D when taj is playing after Boozer commits too many fouls attempting to guard somebody.

Jazz future is looking bright. Fresh start with the next Dwight Howard aka Derrick Favors(cant wait for big Al to teach this kid some post moves)

Jazz will be in the playoffs next year. Easily

Sad they wont be winning a title this year, but owell same for the bulls
    You should be banned from making any more predictions after last summer homie.

D. Rose=MVP, First team all NBA....better than D Will.

Hate on it but Booz is fine and we are one game away from the ECF.

Quote Originally Posted by jrong
    I wouldn't think you would, considering Rose is 22. Wade doesn't have nearly as much time, and in case you're unaware, being snubbed/disrespected is not exactly new for him.

And, yes, I do think that stats (yes, including wins; they are a stat) should be heavily-determinant in NBA awards especially the non-MVP awards. Why is LeBron by and large considered the best player in the world? His stats. If it were "stats and nothing else", then he wouldn't have the wins to go along with it.

But, if the wins are there, stats are what produce the wins. They may be team or they may be individual, but the explanation for wins can be found in one stat or another. And there are stats that are capable of determining who/what are responsible for the wins (like the ones that show Chicago's defense is more "valuable" to them winning than Rose)

Otherwise, we're just voting for the best story or the player who happened to have the team-circumstances in place that made them seem "most valuable"....

Rose is the MVP and first team all NBA.

He's a point guard, not a shooting guard, who led his team to 62 wins (one more than the MVP last year).

Wade and Lebron combined couldn't win more games than the Bulls and their rag tag roster.

Rose deserves every award he gets.

Cry about it.

Serious playground baller

IT's not the best player award you....it's the MOST VALUABLE PLAYER.

You have exposed your lack of comprehension.
    No I can read very well and he is not the most valuable. "He is the heart and soul of the offense." LOL. The heart and soul can't buy a basket and cant score 30+ without shooting 30+.

They win because of rebounding and defense, and Rose has allowed Teague to look like CP3, but they still win. He barely rebounds the ball, but they still win. He has a horrible assist to turn over ratio, but they still win.

He has horrible games, and they still win. How can he have so much value if they not only can, but so often, DO win in spite of him. The answer is he is not that valuable. He is the best player on the team with the best record, but he is not a top 7 player in the NBA, and his value is overstated.

You should be banned from making any more predictions after last summer homie.

D. Rose=MVP, First team all NBA....better than D Will.

Hate on it but Booz is fine and we are one game away from the ECF.

No one expected it. Dwill is a great point guard. Rather have him on a team i was building for a ring than Rose. I dont need 30FGA per game from my PG. I need a playmaker that can knock down shots.

Jazz made the WCF in 07. Its not a big deal.

Beat a team worth beating in the playoffs then we can talk.

Quote Originally Posted by LBJ4MVP23
    No I can read very well and he is not the most valuable. "He is the heart and soul of the offense." LOL. The heart and soul can't buy a basket and cant score 30+ without shooting 30+.

They win because of rebounding and defense, and Rose has allowed Teague to look like CP3, but they still win. He barely rebounds the ball, but they still win. He has a horrible assist to turn over ratio, but they still win.

He has horrible games, and they still win. How can he have so much value if they not only can, but so often, DO win in spite of him. The answer is he is not that valuable. He is the best player on the team with the best record, but he is not a top 7 player in the NBA, and his value is overstated.
    If that's how you feel then fine. But the people that MATTER have spoken.

D. Rose MVP and first team all NBA. So **** what you talking about (especially those lies and half truths).

Quote Originally Posted by Skep
    No one expected it. Dwill is a great point guard. Rather have him on a team i was building for a ring than Rose. I dont need 30FGA per game from my PG. I need a playmaker that can knock down shots.

Jazz made the WCF in 07. Its not a big deal.

Beat a team worth beating in the playoffs then we can talk.

***** your team has 0 rings and we OWN ya'll in the finals.

Talk to me when the Jazz get a ring son, lmao.

you talking about 2007? Jazz fans STILL butt hurt about Jordan over Russell when I go to Jazz games today

Magic Johnson

Wade's arguably the best player on the Heat, and yet he can't make the first team. Wow.

Banned

im kinda ****ing pissed that wade didnt make it... total travesty.