Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 09-30-2006, 08:40 PM   #1
*LAKERS_3_PETE*
Local High School Star

*LAKERS_3_PETE* has decent reputation
Lightbulb Laker fans how well do you know your Lakers:

Lakers Fans Only: Lets find out on just how well we know our Lakers players strength and weaknesses and the drive our players have in them if any on having a successful upcoming 06-07 season or if you have any doubts on a particular Laker based on his surgery, personal problems, or just don't have the confidence in his ability to compete at a higher level. Lets all take a vote on who will succeed this year or who will have another let down season based on last years' averages in all the statistical categories that applies in making him a better 2006-07 player, all inputs and suggestions are open to this topic. I will have the results posted at the end of the poll when all inputs on each and every Laker that's on our current roster have been applied to and accounted for. Just pick as little as 1 stat to covering all the stats if you so need to imply on where you think the player of your choice on improving his game or you don't think he'll improve based on last years' avrg and your input explaining why , it can be brief or long depending on your gesture---so you see it's not so complicated being a Laker fanatic after all.

Since I'm a huge odom fan I will start it off by having the confidence in Lamar to have his best season of his career now entering his 8th season based on his play towards the end of last season and in the playoffs aswell. Odom also stating publicly that he now knows his teammates are reliant for him to score and now finally finding his niche on this Laker team when to score.in the concept of the teams offensive flow.

My 06-07 Odom outlook 17-10 -6

Last edited by *LAKERS_3_PETE* : 09-30-2006 at 08:47 PM.
*LAKERS_3_PETE* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 05:49 PM   #2
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

magicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected poster
Default my turn

I'd like to see Kobe with 25-6-6-2, kinda like his numbers in the
wins against PHX.
magicmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 07:42 PM   #3
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

bleedinpurple has an OK reputation so far

VRad: 15, 6, 4 in 33min
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 09:06 PM   #4
dblockallstars
High school junior varsity star

dblockallstars has an OK reputation so far

smush 10/3/ 4/2.5
dblockallstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 10:25 PM   #5
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Kwame Brown 15/9/2 (assists)
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 10:27 PM   #6
LakerFan1086
Serious playground baller

LakerFan1086 has not been impressing people

Bynum 5/4/and 2.5 blocks
LakerFan1086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 09:16 AM   #7
*LAKERS_3_PETE*
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicmanfan
I'd like to see Kobe with 25-6-6-2, kinda like his numbers in the
wins against PHX.

"Thanks magicmanfan for getting this thread started "you the man: Finally after 3 days we can get started to see which Lakers players will rise to the ocasion and live up to fans expectations and which players will be dissapointments for this upcoming season along with the crowning of a Laker fan giving him the bragging rights on this board. I will keep tabs on us Laker Fans selecting the players of our choice and will be kept on records for the duration of the season and will be announced at the end of each month on which Laker Fan has the lead for being the most accurate based on his predictions and up till the end of the season when the results are posted announcing the most knowledgeable Laker fan and crowning him as Laker Fan of the year based on his accuracy predicted on his selected players stats. So this is for bragging rights on who will be crowned as King Laker Fan for the year. So fellow Laker Fans if you want to participate in this fun contest enter your votes before the start of the regular season (Halloween). NOTE: (The more players you choose the more power to you on winning this contest, based on your accuracy offcourse.)

Now the numbers you posted for Kobe in the scoring department seems a little low imo especially after Kobe comming off a scoring title year at 35.4 ppg. If indeed Kobe does average only 25 ppg this year with giving the Lakers a chance to succeed last years' win total of 45 would indicate to me that Kobe's more of a team player with the team overall being more balanced w/other players stepping up: then it's all good!
Old 10-05-2006, 12:14 AM   #8
ALlArOuNDPIaya
Rational on Kobe

ALlArOuNDPIaya has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerFan1086
Bynum 5/4/and 2.5 blocks
:stupid:
ALlArOuNDPIaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 12:47 AM   #9
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Bynum 5/4/and 2.5 blocks

even with chris not playing yet?
Old 10-05-2006, 01:48 AM   #10
LakerFan1086
Serious playground baller

LakerFan1086 has not been impressing people

I'm sorry to say it .. but chris mihm is'nt going to be ready for about the first month of the season. He's probably gone either by the trade deadline or leaves after this year.

Which means that bynum's minutes are going to go up. Last year bynum was 6th in blocks per 48 minutes. With more minutes and another year experience that will defenitely go up. As far as points goes Mihm provided about 10 points a game last year so some one on the block is going to have to pick up those points and i think bynum will get 1 or 2 more baskets a game which will put him at about 4 or 6 a game, especially now that they're looking to get up about 10 more shots a game and run a little bit. As far as rebounds go more shots, height and more minutes they are bound to go up.

I really don't think its that crazy to think he might average 5/4/2 or something around that.
LakerFan1086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 03:41 AM   #11
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
I'm sorry to say it .. but chris mihm is'nt going to be ready for about the first month of the season. He's probably gone either by the trade deadline or leaves after this year.

Which means that bynum's minutes are going to go up. Last year bynum was 6th in blocks per 48 minutes. With more minutes and another year experience that will defenitely go up. As far as points goes Mihm provided about 10 points a game last year so some one on the block is going to have to pick up those points and i think bynum will get 1 or 2 more baskets a game which will put him at about 4 or 6 a game, especially now that they're looking to get up about 10 more shots a game and run a little bit. As far as rebounds go more shots, height and more minutes they are bound to go up.

I really don't think its that crazy to think he might average 5/4/2 or something around that.

I agree about chris probably being done. But i think Bynum MIGHT get like 6-7 ppg!

I just hope he took care of defense first and foremost....The beautiful thing about this project is we already have so much offensive firepower that bynum has all the tiem in the world to develop until guys start leaving...Until then...he needs to be a force on the boards and shot blocking.
Old 10-05-2006, 09:14 AM   #12
*LAKERS_3_PETE*
Local High School Star

Quote:

It is realistically possible that Bynum could average those low numbers considering he's a 3rd string center at best. Though if Bynum somehow exceeds those averages you've given and overtakes Mihm in the scoring department, than it's no surprise to me that Chris will be dealt by the deadline.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: