Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Boston Celtics Forum

Boston Celtics Forum Boston Celtics message board - Boston celtics fan forum

Old 10-21-2006, 11:35 PM   #1
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here
Default Worst pick by the Celtics in the past 10 years?

Who would you go with? Mercer? Kedrick "50 inch" Brown? Banks?
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 04:46 AM   #2
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Eric Montross turned out pretty bad although, Jalen Rose and Eddie Jones were the only players who were picked after him that turned into anything decent.

The Kedrick Brown pick was by far the worst though. Factor in the pick was from Denver and if they had of waited another year, they could have used it in 2002 and they could have picked players such as Amare Stoudamire, Nene, Chris Wilcox, Caron Butler and Tayshaun Prince.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 09:28 PM   #3
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Jerome Moiso. But again, there wasn't a ton of quality after him. The Ron Mercer ahead of McGrady really didn't work out too well.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 01:21 PM   #4
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat cool

Banks gonna be great... Mercer had a decent mid-range until he vanished... probarbly Kedrick Brown or Al Jefferson... i had high expectations of him... sigh...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 01:58 PM   #5
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Worst picks were Kedrick Brown at 11 and Joe Forte at 21 in 2001 when they could have had Richard Jefferson, Troy Murphy, or Zach Randolph at 11 and Gerald Wallace, Jamaal Tinsley or Tony Parker at 21.

Big Al at 15 in '04 was a good pick. Dont count him out yet.

Eric Montross was a good pick too where they got him, and was a good player at first before he deteriorated for some reason.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 06:08 PM   #6
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster

You cant really blame them, you guys are having this discussion after you find out how these guys turned out. Every team ''couldve'' had a superstar sometime in the last ten years, or a player better then what they got.
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 06:35 PM   #7
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

^Yeah true but there was really no logic to the C's drafting 3 shooting guards in '01.

Mercer instead of McGrady is bad in retrospect, but at the time it made sense.

Last edited by JohnnySic : 10-23-2006 at 06:38 PM.
Old 10-28-2006, 11:45 PM   #8
Celts34
Kiss my converse!!!

Celts34 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
Jerome Moiso. But again, there wasn't a ton of quality after him. The Ron Mercer ahead of McGrady really didn't work out too well.

You beat me to it. I couldn't think of any worse of a pick then Jerome Moiso, because Kedrick had his moments and Erik Montross kicked around the league for a while. But from the first time I saw him play live in a summer league game, I knew that there was pretty much no way in hell he would ever be anything but a situational player.

How are Marcus and Big Al bad picks?? I determine a bad pick by looking at not only who was selected after them, but also if they were able to make it in the league after leaving the C's. Marcus just got signed to a pretty good 2nd contract, and the jury is still out on Al.
Celts34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 11:47 PM   #9
BullsBigMan29
I hit open 5-footers

BullsBigMan29 has an OK reputation so far

On behalf of all Bulls fans, our condolences on the passing of Red Auerbach
BullsBigMan29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 05:50 PM   #10
SJellen
I hit open 5-footers

SJellen has an OK reputation so far

joe "basketball is not my" forte
SJellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 03:02 AM   #11
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

But it's easy to look back and say what if? If you saw t-mac early in his career like I did (before Vince got there), his game wasn't nearly as developed as it was by the time he was traded to Orlando and probably wouldn't have had a big impact on the Celtics at that time. And let's say that he did. Would you guy still have Paul Pierce? Or would you have ever gotten Antoine Walker?
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 05:24 AM   #12
King_CB
Can barely lace up my sneakers

King_CB has an OK reputation so far

Sorry guys this is off topic but it's not about the worst draft pick but the worst trade.....Joe Johnson to Phoenix for Tony Delk and Rodney Rogers, ewwww!

That is up there with my Raptors trading VC for Zo, and the Williams'.

My condolences PP and JJ would have been sick together!!!!!!
King_CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 05:57 PM   #13
JohnnySic
green is good

^Yeah, especially since the Suns would have settled for Kedrick Brown in that trade instead of JJ.
Old 12-05-2006, 12:51 AM   #14
BullsBigMan29
I hit open 5-footers

BullsBigMan29 has an OK reputation so far

I know Montross is retired, but what ever happened to Jerome Moiso and Joe Forte?

Last I heard about Forte he was in Seattle or overseas

Actually you guys made some good choices, the Bulls, under Jerry Krause, made some awful choices.
BullsBigMan29 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: