Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast

Default Re: Hint:NBA Rigging Lottery To Give Knicks #1 Pick

Quote Originally Posted by Interminator
    Thats not entirely the case.

How a team with a 5% chance gets the #1 pick and a team with a 9% chance to get the #2 pick gets the #2 pick.

That in my opinion is a miracle or such a highly unlikely occurence espescially in a Lottery of only 14 teams using pinballs.
    You do realize the Kings only have a 25% of getting the Top pick, even though they are the worst team. I guess its a miracle if they win too.

How a team with a 5% chance gets the #1 pick and a team with a 9% chance to get the #2 pick gets the #2 pick.

That in my opinion is a miracle or such a highly unlikely occurence espescially in a Lottery of only 14 teams using pinballs.
    The combination of that 2 should be around 0.5%.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    Yup, probably one of the strangest and dumbest choices in recent history. The Hawks needed a PG badly, they have 2 amazing ones to choose from, and they choose another swingman which they had plenty of. Now they still need a PG.

Never understand it.
    Then they correct this mistake in 07' by taking Acie Law.

A 2.9 PPG 1.6 APG 37%FG season later and they will be trying it again in the 2009 NBA Draft.

The NBA doesn't have control over dumb picks, but I do believe they place teams in a position to make a good pick.

Like in 98' when the Clippers took Olowokandi, although everyone thought they should draft Bibby,including Bibby himself who only worked out for the Clippers.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH
    For certain, Stern knows it's a win-win, the Guido kids in Staten and Long Island will claim him as their own too, the Jewish Kids in BK & Manhattan will caliam he's Sephardic, it's a win-win-win-win.

Only folks losing are NBA franchises other than NY Knicks.
    Yeah New York loves the flashy PG dynamic, most of their bred players continue to the tradition.

He will definetly fill seats and because he seems like a good kid everyone will give him the credit for making the Knicks better.

He also fits well being 6'4 and having great defensive skills and awareness for his age he can guard opposing 2's with Nate Robinson guarding the opposing PG.

Brandon Jennings would be a good pick for NY if they picked him if they dont get #1 or #2.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sipitri
    The combination of that 2 should be around 0.5%.
    Maybe I'll retract from my "Miracle" statement because thats making a few posters get soiled panties.

The combination of a team with a 5% chance of getting the #1 pick and a team with a 9% chance of getting the #2 pick, who each happen to be located in the same region and had a rivalry is not a miracle, just a very strange occurance.

You do realize the Kings only have a 25% of getting the Top pick, even though they are the worst team. I guess its a miracle if they win too.
    He honestly is too stupid to get the math. I thought he was trying to be funny, but the x% concept is too hard for him. He really thinks it's infininitely small. It's absurd how stupid you have to be not to get the concept of 5%.

Maybe I'll retract from my "Miracle" statement because thats making a few posters get soiled panties.

The combination of a team with a 5% chance of getting the #1 pick and a team with a 9% chance of getting the #2 pick, who each happen to be located in the same region and had a rivalry is not a miracle, just a very strange occurance.
    and something being unlikely doesn't make it a conspiracy. And thus, your thread, is retarded. We have conspiracy threads on each and every thing that happens in the nba. Thus, everytime something happens, someone predicted it, thus it is a conspiracy by your logic.

I'm sorry, dumb is dumb.

The only miracle is how people still waste time arguing with you. Let's see Chicago, Portland, Toronto, Milwaukee, Orlando, Cleveland, all bigger markets and chicago getting the 1st pick when NY had a better seed. All this with the lottery rigged for NY, i wonder if it wasn't.

Local High School Star tastystaci's Avatar

It's the same chance of Jose Calderon missing a freethrow. Or playing poker and hitting a two outer on the river. So yes, I would consider that a miracle also.

It actually doesn't matter because they just walk out with envelopes and never show any proof of anything resembling a fair lottery based on chance and percentages...sooo......chill.
    You chill. I don't have to look at something retarded and accept it as correct not to be argumentative.

And you are about 3,776 thousand times wrong. The have auditors and representatives from the league watch the drawing.

Quote Originally Posted by tastystaci
    It's the same chance of Jose Calderon missing a freethrow. Or playing poker and hitting a two outer on the river. So yes, I would consider that a miracle.
    i really hope you are being funny. 5% is not a miracle.

Banned

Kings have a 25% chance but they can't get lower than the 4th pick, and they have the best chance to do so.

In my opinion the Lottery goes

1.New York
    2.Oklahoma City
    3.Sacramento
    4.Washington
    5.Los Angeles
    6.Minnesota
    7.Memphis
    8.Golden State
    9.Toronto
    10.Milwaukee
    11.New Jersey
    12.Charlotte
    13.Indiana
    14.Phoenix

Bold=100% sure of order
    Toronto is a very slight possibility due to the international dynamic of Rubio.

And once again to show how the Draft unfolds, in my opinion

1.Knicks-Ricky Rubio
    2.Thunder-Blake Griffin
    3.Kings-Brandon Jennings or James Harden
    4.Wizards-Hasheem Thabeet
    5.Clippers-Best Player Available or Prospect Clippers Fall In Love With

It actually doesn't matter because they just walk out with envelopes and never show any proof of anything resembling a fair lottery based on chance and percentages...sooo......chill.
    So its not a fair lottery because you arent shown the actual process?

I swear some fans counters are comedy. Unintentional humor. I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    So its not a fair lottery because you arent shown the actual process?

I swear some fans counters are comedy. Unintentional humor. I love it.
    and i've learned that most ISH'ers can't do remedial math.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    and i've learned that most ISH'ers can't do remedial math.
    Kids are hopeless.