Page 50 of 67 FirstFirst ... 404748495051525360 ... LastLast
    Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles UConnCeltics's Avatar

Default Re: Connecticut Huskies fan thread

Quote Originally Posted by JellyBean
    UConn Men's Basketball signs PG: Ryan Boatright from Aurora, IL for the class of 2011
    His friend Michael Chandler is pretty much destined to tag along, decommitted from Xavier today. Boatright and him are tight buds, apparently. UConn's competition is Providence (lol) and Oregon (not sure if they have a scholly left). If he didn't have such poor grades, UConn would have probably offered a scholly to him already.

Quote Originally Posted by UConnCeltics
    His friend Michael Chandler is pretty much destined to tag along, decommitted from Xavier today. Boatright and him are tight buds, apparently. UConn's competition is Providence (lol) and Oregon (not sure if they have a scholly left). If he didn't have such poor grades, UConn would have probably offered a scholly to him already.

Wow. I did not know that they were buds. That would be a coup for us to land Boatright and Chandler..nice.

It is game time!!! Up first, Stony Brook.

Man, last year we were 70% at the freethrow line. First game of the season, in the 1st half....87% from the line. From the arc we are still bad...14% From the field, 40%..pretty, much the same numbers as last season.

UConn: 26
    SBU: 17

Walker and Lamb are the highs with 4 pts..it is early.

Nice way to start the 2010-11 season off, fellas. The UConn Men's hoops program beats Stony Brook; 79-52.

Alex Oriakhi went for 11/18 (pts/rebounds)
    Kemba Walker nets 18pts and 3 dimes
    Jeremy Lamb looked horrible from the arch; 1-7 but he dropped 11 pts
    The player that caught my eye, Shabazz Napier. Dude went 4-6 from the arch to finish with 12 points. He had 3 Dimes and 0 turnovers.

Good game, Huskies!!!. Now we get ready for Vermont on the men's side. For the ladies, Holy Cross (Sunday) and then the biggie; Baylor (Tuesday). Good luck ladies.

Looks like Roscoe Smith can develop into what we all thought Stanley Robinson would develop into.

Looks like Roscoe Smith can develop into what we all thought Stanley Robinson would develop into.
    We will see. I hope that he does. The kid is talented. BTW, how about the ladies of UConn? It was Holy Cross. But a win is a win. Plus the ladies only gave up 7 pts in the 2nd half.... Up next for the ladies, the Lady Bears of Baylor. That is going to be a fun game. Good luck, ladies.

They only won by 80. I'm disappointed. I don't think Baylor will be a problem. UConn can shut down their other 4 players for sure, and I know for a fact Griner can't outscore UConn on her own. Plus UConn has a couple of tall girls that they can throw at her all game.

They only won by 80. I'm disappointed. I don't think Baylor will be a problem. UConn can shut down their other 4 players for sure, and I know for a fact Griner can't outscore UConn on her own. Plus UConn has a couple of tall girls that they can throw at her all game.

Yeah. That 80 point win was a let down.Dude, I still worry about Baylor. They might create a problem, but you never know. I just don't want to get overconfident with this one. One game at a time.

Local High School Star

Kemba Walker

Roscoe Smith in my mind, is a better player than Kemba Walker. Which is a good thing I'd say.

Well, after watching the replay of the game, I see that other players have to step up on the offensive side of the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by JellyBean
    Well, after watching the replay of the game, I see that other players have to step up on the offensive side of the ball.
    I was at that game and it was crazy to see how stagnant the offense was when he left the floor. Napier seems to have a decent shot/handle but his first step is slow and couldn't penetrate. Lamb impressed me tho. Long and very athletic.

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    I was at that game and it was crazy to see how stagnant the offense was when he left the floor. Napier seems to have a decent shot/handle but his first step is slow and couldn't penetrate. Lamb impressed me tho. Long and very athletic.
    I keep hoping that Roscoe shows up. I do like Lamb. I think that he can be something special if he finds his groove. The team has some players. They are just unsure of themselves.

Well, thank our lucky stars for the women's team. Right now the ladies are up 30 on Pacific. Pretty much a lock for win #90. Congrats, ladies!!!

UConn: 49
    Pacific: 19

Decent playground baller Sweens's Avatar

Not a fan of a Connecticut Huskies, but I did watch former Huskie Ater Majok score 7pts, 3rebs, 2blks in 11mins in the NBL tonight making his debut for the Perth Wildcats,