Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year

Default Do you have a problem with the botched executions that have occurred recently?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/p...ned-execution/

This guy Joesph Wood, murdered his girlfriend and her father in 1989.

His death took more than an hour, due to the botched execution. (european nations are refusing to sell us the drug used in lethal injections, and we are experimenting with new drugs)

I personally feel no sympathy to Wood, and dont have a problem with him dying in pain. TBH i preferred that he died in pain.

The victim's family was happy that Wood was executed.

How do you guys feel about it?

NBA Superstar

Default Re: Do you have a problem with the botched executions that have occurred recently?

no, I don't have a problem with it.

who cares if they were going to execute him anyways and it was only one hour of suffering that was accidental.

the prison system in general needs an overhaul though.

Good college starter

Default Re: Do you have a problem with the botched executions that have occurred recently?

I think it sucks. The rule is intended for it to be a painless execution. This guys pain brings nothing to us or his victims family. Either it is done properly or it isnt, and clearly this wasnt.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    no, I don't have a problem with it.

who cares if they were going to execute him anyways and it was only one hour of suffering that was accidental.

the prison system in general needs an overhaul though.
    about how I feel. it was only about an hour, he caused a lifetime of suffering for the victims' family.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Why is Europe refusing to sell us those drugs? Oh because they don't have the death penalty. Like normal people.

NBA Superstar

The problem I have with executions is aren't they like really expensive to do because people are extremely worried about doing it "humane" and shit like that?

Basically the moral f[COLOR="Black"]ag[/COLOR]s are making executions cost a ridiculous price when they could be done for a fraction of the price.

If they really wanted it to be painless, then a bullet to the dome would be the way it's done.

They just want it to be done so it doesn't LOOK like they're suffering. Hence put to sleep and poison.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
    Why is Europe refusing to sell us those drugs? Oh because they don't have the death penalty. Like normal people.
    the euros are so cruel, those poor murderers would have died painless deaths, but for the heartless euros that doomed them to being executed via experimental drugs.

[COLOR="White"]Seriously though, why is the death penalty not normal?[/COLOR]

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    If they really wanted it to be painless, then a bullet to the dome would be the way it's done.

They just want it to be done so it doesn't LOOK like they're suffering. Hence put to sleep and poison.
    agreed, china handles executions the right way.

Bullet to the head, charge the family of the criminal for the cost of the execution, and (allegedly) taking the organs to give to needy people.

NBA Superstar

Shit I wanna go via taking 20 pills of ecstasy

Imagine how shitty that would feel. Total loss of body function control, seizures, extreme overheating, foaming at the mouth and intense vomiting... you would basically just cook from the inside out until you died from heart failure.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
    agreed, china handles executions the right way.

Bullet to the head, charge the family of the criminal for the cost of the execution, and (allegedly) taking the organs to give to needy people.

That aint right unless its money/possessions of his that were endowed to them by virtue of his death. But Im ok with everything else.

NBA Legend

Also as far as this execution, its hard to say without knowing the specifics of the case.

My position is that people who go on rampage killings and people who are caught red handed without a shadow of a doubt committing a murder should be offed quickly and inexpensively. In cases where the evidence is circumstantial (like the aaron hernandez case, altho I do believe hes guilty) or with mitigating factors involved (someone killing a long-time abuser etc) there should be no possibility of the death penalty.

We waste way too much money trying to "look" thorough and humane as another poster mentioned. The shit needs to be simple and logical, and people need to just accept it. We're doing too much to appease the ACLosers.

Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer? johndeeregreen's Avatar

Clint said it best: "It's a hell of a thing killing a man... You take away all he's got, and all he's ever gonna have." So in that vein, regardless of the crime, I don't think it's necessary to exacerbate the execution unnecessarily.

I don't, however, care enough about convicted murderers' rights to take a serious stand on it.

Love Live Life

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    If we as a society determine someone must die in a certain manner, then we make it WAY worse than intended, we are going beyond the agreed upon punishment and it ain't right.

Let's just switch to the guillotine, those things don't **** up.
    Came to post this.

Good college starter

People dont always die right away after they get beheaded though. Sometimes the head survives for a few minutes, and no one can ever imagine how that feels. Its probably way worse than what this guy went through.