Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 09-25-2006, 09:58 PM   #1
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Devin Green signed

my opinion, is that from the SPL, if I were to rank them, it would have been Bynum, Farmar, Green and then Pinnock.

*Note: Elebrond beat my post by 3 mins, so he gets props for scooping it here.

=============================================
From hoopsworld dot com:

Lakers Sign Devin Green
By Eric Pincus
Sep 25, 2006, 21:23

The Los Angeles Lakers have signed restricted free agent Devin Green to a contract. Terms have not been released, though it's unlikely that he was given a guaranteed deal. Green is a versatile guard/forward who impressed last July at the Summer Pro League in Long Beach.

With training camp opening up next week, the Lakers have 18 players under contract. Though the deals of Smush Parker and Ronny Turiaf are not fully guaranteed, both are expected to make the regular season roster. Considering the league-wide limit of 15, the Lakers will need to reduce the roster by three before opening night.

The most likely casualties are J.R. Pinnock, Von Wafer and Green.

Of the players with guaranteed contracts, only Aaron McKie appears to be a viable buy-out option. At this point there is no reason to suggest the Lakers are considering such a move.

Another option would include trading a player to a team with cap room or a trade exception. The Lakers could also find a trade, sending out multiple players for one . . . though there has been no recent sign that LA is aggressively working the trade market.

If cut, perhaps Green, Pinnock and/or Wafer would stay in the Laker family by signing with the Lakers' own NBDL team. The Los Angeles D-Fenders are in fact the first NBDL entry to be fully owned by a single NBA franchise. The pay may not be close to the NBA scale, but the training and conditioning will be supervised closely by the Lakers.

Should a roster spot open at a future date, the opportunity may present itself for players like Green to join the Lakers midseason.

Though a stellar training camp could cause the Lakers to scramble to generate a spot for Green before opening night; in all likelihood it'll be an uphill battle for him to make the regular season squad.

Last edited by SoCalMike : 09-25-2006 at 10:02 PM.
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 10:30 PM   #2
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

so to Make this work.
we all know we want Pinnock and Green after their SPL performances...we need to cut 3 guys.

Cut wafer, Mckie...and trade Mihm for a pick before people realize he is hurt.

or trade sasha if he has a bad preseason.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 10:36 PM   #3
SoCalMike

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
so to Make this work.
we all know we want Pinnock and Green after their SPL performances...we need to cut 3 guys.

How do you cut Mckee? I thought he had $2.5M on his contract this year? THat has to be worth something, no?

I agree, if Sasha does not look significantly better this year, I trade him.
Old 09-25-2006, 10:37 PM   #4
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
How do you cut Mckee? I thought he had $2.5M on his contract this year? THat has to be worth something, no?

I agree, if Sasha does not look significantly better this year, I trade him.

You can still waive mckie right?

not cut but just release him and still pay the money?

He isnt gonna play anyways.
Old 09-25-2006, 10:40 PM   #5
SoCalMike

Quote:
You can still waive mckie right?

not cut but just release him and still pay the money?

He isnt gonna play anyways.

Sure, the Lakers can eat the $2.5M. I just think that it should have been a tradeable asset rather than just waive him. Teams love expiring contracts. Oh well.
Old 09-25-2006, 10:43 PM   #6
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Sure, the Lakers can eat the $2.5M. I just think that it should have been a tradeable asset rather than just waive him. Teams love expiring contracts. Oh well.

we should keep it anways. we really need the expiring contract.
Old 09-26-2006, 12:26 AM   #7
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

bleedinpurple has an OK reputation so far

Listen up Mitch.
Bobcats S&T Bonzi to Lakers for McKie, Cook, Sasha.
Bonzi gets to play for a contender for decent money. Bobcats get expiring contracts and a cheap look at Cook & Sasha. Now we only have to cut Von Wafer and we're set.
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 08:27 AM   #8
Elebrond
I brick open layups

Elebrond has an OK reputation so far
Talking

Quote:
so to Make this work.

I NOT EXCHANGE TO MINH BECAUSE HE CAN HELP FROM THE BENCH. A.BYNUM AT THIS MOMENTS NOT PROVE HE CAN PLAY MORE TIME AND WE ONLY HAS K.BROWN TO COVER THE CENTER POSITION.

I CUT WAFER, MCKIE, SORRY FOR VUJACIC BUT HE CAN'T PLAY LIKE WE NEEDED.

I ADD D.GREEN BECAUSE HE CAN PLAY SG & SF AND WE NEED DEPTH IN THESE TWO AREAS.

ELEBROND
Elebrond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 10:33 AM   #9
SoCalMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurple
Listen up Mitch.
Bobcats S&T Bonzi to Lakers for McKie, Cook, Sasha.
Bonzi gets to play for a contender for decent money. Bobcats get expiring contracts and a cheap look at Cook & Sasha. Now we only have to cut Von Wafer and we're set.

So, do you have Bickerstaff's phone number?
Old 09-26-2006, 01:49 PM   #10
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

even though Sasha Has not shot over 40 % yet.

I still think he can be the gaurd we wanted. My only problem with him was his FG%.

He needs to shoot layups more.

Id i se him do that I would love to have him as a back up while Smush backs Kobe up.

And this of course is assuming Jordan will start after the all star break (just speculation)
Old 09-26-2006, 03:00 PM   #11
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

bleedinpurple has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
So, do you have Bickerstaff's phone number?

Bernie's not taking my calls
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 12:55 AM   #12
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elebrond
I ADD D.GREEN BECAUSE HE CAN PLAY SG & SF AND WE NEED DEPTH IN THESE TWO AREAS.

ELEBROND[/b]

I thought you said you dont want green.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: