Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 05-15-2011, 11:31 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Bill Kennedy leaves Murray State to coach Texas A&M

The AP reports:

Billy Kennedy returned to Texas A&M on Sunday, leaving Murray State to replace Mark Turgeon as the Aggies’ basketball coach.

“I think he is the perfect fit for Texas A&M,” athletic director Bill Byrne said in a statement. “In talking to several people who I respect in college basketball, they mentioned Billy as an outstanding basketball coach, but an even better person.”

Turgeon left last week to coach Maryland.

The 47-year-old Kennedy, a former assistant at A&M, will be introduced on the campus Monday.

Kennedy was the Ohio Valley Conference coach of the year twice in his five seasons with the Racers.
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 06:07 PM   #2
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Bill Kennedy leaves Murray State to coach Texas A&M

I watched his introductory presser and I think he is going to be a great fit at A&M. While I thought Mark Turgeon was a good coach, there always seemed to be a disconnect between him and the fans. Even when he was right to note the support needed to be better he went about it the wrong way. BK really seems to understand the region and that will help him long term. I also like that he says he is making it a high priority to recruit Texas and the surrounding states. MT seemed to have somehow had a bad relationship with the Texas high school coaches and if you do that it makes it pretty hard to recruit.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 06:13 PM   #3
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
I watched his introductory presser and I think he is going to be a great fit at A&M. While I thought Mark Turgeon was a good coach, there always seemed to be a disconnect between him and the fans. Even when he was right to note the support needed to be better he went about it the wrong way. BK really seems to understand the region and that will help him long term. I also like that he says he is making it a high priority to recruit Texas and the surrounding states. MT seemed to have somehow had a bad relationship with the Texas high school coaches and if you do that it makes it pretty hard to recruit.

You must read texags.com. This seems to be true based on MT's recent interview with Andy Katz.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 06:32 PM   #4
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
You must read texags.com. This seems to be true based on MT's recent interview with Andy Katz.

I do though I think most of those people are friggin insane.

The homerism on that site is ridiculous.

I think MT got way more crap than he deserved but he did sometimes come off a bit whiny. Its strange that he is still talking about Billy Gillespie.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: