Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    I feel devotion Fiba basketball's Avatar

Default Euroleague 2011/2012 Final Four Istanbul

I was suprised there wasnt any thread aboute it so I made it now . Semi finals will be played on Friday , CSKA vs Panathinaikos ane Barcelona vs Olympiacos . CSKA is heavy favorite and they are probably going to win but everything can happen in one game . PAO is very expirienced team that knows how to play big games so that game could be finals before finals . Barcelona is a great team and they played very good in their last games but I have a feeling that Olympiacos is going to beat them . I cant wait to see who is going to make all EL first and second team , I dont think that it will make a difference how nominated players are going to play in Istanbul but who knows maybe someone of them has their best game of carere .

Default Re: Euroleague 2011/2012 Final Four Istanbul

CSKA and Barca have not been playing that well lately in their domestic leagues. While Panathinaikos and Olympiacos were dominating. However, Panathinaikos lost a game to Kolossos.

Seems to me that Olympiacos is playing the best right now. They had something like 5 straight 20+ point wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    CSKA and Barca have not been playing that well lately in their domestic leagues. While Panathinaikos and Olympiacos were dominating. However, Panathinaikos lost a game to Kolossos.

Seems to me that Olympiacos is playing the best right now. They had something like 5 straight 20+ point wins.
    CSKA won VTB league ( played against Unics in finals without Khryapa and they didnt even try much ) and Barca won against Real ( great game by the way ) and beat some team ( I dont remember the name ) without Navarro and Lorbek . OLY and PAO have a lot weaker opponents in their league than CSKA or Barcelona have in their leagues .

Quote Originally Posted by Fiba basketball
    CSKA won VTB league ( played against Unics in finals without Khryapa and they didnt even try much ) and Barca won against Real ( great game by the way ) and beat some team ( I dont remember the name ) without Navarro and Lorbek . OLY and PAO have a lot weaker opponents in their league than CSKA or Barcelona have in their leagues .
    True. But Olympiacos had a 42 point win over Panionios. That's not easy to do. Panionios is a decent team, even though their starting SF Giankovits and starting C Stepheson were injured. They still had an 11 man lineup of,

PG Keys/Xanthopoulos
    SG Diebler/Batis
    SF Anathasoulas/Ioannou
    PF Nadjfeji/Barlos/Kavvadas
    C Sarikopoulos/Paragios

That team, even minus two starters would definitely make Top 16 of Eurocup, rather easily even. And they got beat by 42 against Olympiacos.

So, I think that is more impressive than say Barca beating Real by 2 points.

If you don't believe that Panionios is a decent team, then look at their last game against Panathinaikos. They only lost by 1 point. I am telling you, a 42 point win against Panionios is a bit crazy.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 05-09-2012 at 06:20 PM.

The Panathinaikos vs CSKA game winner will win.

BTW, Lakas, there's a rumour Zizis's gonna sign with us, replacing Jackson.

Quote Originally Posted by chains5000

Zisis and Katsikaris know each other well. But after the report came out, Zisis denied it and said it wasn't true.

I guess that if it is true, that he is waiting to see if Bilbao will qualify for the Euroleague again. Because I cannot see any way that a player like Zisis will go to a non-Euroleague team.

Zisis and Katsikaris know each other well. But after the report came out, Zisis denied it and said it wasn't true.

I guess that if it is true, that he is waiting to see if Bilbao will qualify for the Euroleague again. Because I cannot see any way that a player like Zisis will go to a non-Euroleague team.
    Same here.

True. But Olympiacos had a 42 point win over Panionios. That's not easy to do. Panionios is a decent team, even though their starting SF Giankovits and starting C Stepheson were injured. They still had an 11 man lineup of,

PG Keys/Xanthopoulos
    SG Diebler/Batis
    SF Anathasoulas/Ioannou
    PF Nadjfeji/Barlos/Kavvadas
    C Sarikopoulos/Paragios

That team, even minus two starters would definitely make Top 16 of Eurocup, rather easily even. And they got beat by 42 against Olympiacos.

So, I think that is more impressive than say Barca beating Real by 2 points.

If you don't believe that Panionios is a decent team, then look at their last game against Panathinaikos. They only lost by 1 point. I am telling you, a 42 point win against Panionios is a bit crazy.
    I watched Panionios against OLY ( not this game ) and I know that Panionios isnt that bad but beating Unisc by 15 or Real by 2 is harder than beating Panionios by 42 .

Quote Originally Posted by chains5000

Where is Jackson going than ? I heard that Draper already agreed with Real and will play for them next season .

Where is Jackson going than ?
    Not clear yet.

Surprised Real wants Draper, he's not that good.

I think it'll be CSKA vs. Bar

[QUOTE=Grinder]Surprised Real wants Draper, he's not that good.

I think it'll be CSKA vs. Bar

Navarro might not play .

I watched Panionios against OLY ( not this game ) and I know that Panionios isnt that bad but beating Unisc by 15 or Real by 2 is harder than beating Panionios by 42 .
    I disagree. I think it's harder to beat Panionios by 42.

Where is Jackson going than ? I heard that Draper already agreed with Real and will play for them next season .
    Supposedly, Jackson is going to Maccabi. I like Jackson. But I think Zisis would be a lot better fit for a team like Bilbao. If they can qualify for Euroleague (difficult, but doable) then I could see him going there. Zisis would manage their team a lot better, because his basketball IQ is really high and he hardly ever turns the ball over.

Jackson to Maccabi is just more of the same. He's a good player, but Maccabi has really gotten predictable since Blatt took them over. His style works wonders in a short tournament (Russian NT), but it is too predictable over a long club season. Jackson is the same type of athletic, but not true point guard type of player that Maccabi has been selecting.

Actually, they would be a lot smarter to sign someone like Zisis themselves.

Draper to Real.........Real is stupid. They have dumb management. Hell, I am sure if Zisis would consider Bilbao, then he would probably jump at Real. So would a lot of other point guards. Draper/Sergio PG combo is just not right for such a club.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 05-10-2012 at 06:19 PM.

Navarro might not play .
    I am sure he will try to play. But if he is bothered by his foot, then that's bad for Barca. They are probably the most one player dependent team in the final four. Their whole offense is based on Navarro being able to get 20-30 points in any close game.

If he does not play or isn't effective, then Barca better really bring that defense, because Olympiacos is pretty much the most physical team in Europe.