Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-02-2013, 04:18 AM   #46
Graviton
The Last Alpha Lion

Graviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Jon Barry: "Put Kobe in Nash's place and he wouldn't be as good as he is in LA"

Put Nash and Danthoni on the Lakers=Dynasty!
Graviton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:06 AM   #47
devin112
Local High School Star

devin112 is a pretty well-respected posterdevin112 is a pretty well-respected posterdevin112 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Jon Barry: "Put Kobe in Nash's place and he wouldn't be as good as he is in LA"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
Is that a ****ing joke? I dont mind him saying Nash is better for Phx than Kobe would be (although i disagree with that) but what is this? Explain to me how Kobe wouldnt be better. he'd win a ton more games and in a system that revolves around offense, his scoring numbers wont take a hit and his assists will be higher than they are now. Even if his numbers drop to 25-27 pts/gm....55+ is guaranteed and Suns are in the running for a championship in the next 7 yrs and heavy favorites..how would he not be considered better?

Someone explain to me how this dude makes sense?

push kobe's balls off your eyes and you'll be able to see the reasoning.
devin112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:05 AM   #48
White Mamba
@kobemania

White Mamba is starting to rub some people the wrong way

I stopped at John barry
White Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:17 AM   #49
Mrofir
National High School Star

Mrofir is a pretty well-respected posterMrofir is a pretty well-respected posterMrofir is a pretty well-respected posterMrofir is a pretty well-respected poster

This is why you don't bump a thread from 2007
Mrofir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:20 AM   #50
dh144498
ripthekik is my hero!

dh144498 has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrofir
This is why you don't bump a thread from 2007

this is exactly why you bump threads from back in the day. You see how dumb people are.
dh144498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:31 AM   #51
Mrofir

Mrofir is a pretty well-respected posterMrofir is a pretty well-respected posterMrofir is a pretty well-respected posterMrofir is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dh144498
this is exactly why you bump threads from back in the day. You see how dumb people are.

Steve Nash is not the same player he was in 2007.

Nobody in the league could have done what Nash did with those teams.

Just because something isn't true now doesn't mean it wasn't true then.

What's Kobe up to these days? How's his team doing? I guess it's Nash's fault right.. can you imagine if MJ had a year like this? He didn't. It would have significantly tarnished his legacy to have a roster like this and miss the playoffs or be 1st round fodder. MJ fans would have more pride than to blame his teammates.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:33 AM   #52
dh144498
ripthekik is my hero!

Quote:
Steve Nash is not the same player he was in 2007.

Nobody in the league could have done what Nash did with those teams.

Just because something isn't true now doesn't mean it wasn't true then.

What's Kobe up to these days? How's his team doing? I guess it's Nash's fault right..

2013 isn't the only year since 2007, what happened from 2008-2010? Or does your hate block that part of your memory?
Old 04-02-2013, 09:38 AM   #53
Mrofir

Quote:
2013 isn't the only year since 2007, what happened from 2008-2010? Or does your hate block that part of your memory?

First of all, you make no sense. I know that 2008, 2009 are also different years than 2013. What about 1956?

Second, I do not hate Kobe Bryant. I have loads of respect for the guy.

What happened from 2008-2010 is steve nash led a team of role players + a diminished amare to the wcf, beating a really tough portland team in the 1st round and then SWEEPING the spurs. They lost to an excellent Lakers team in a very close series. LA needed nothing less than (arguably) the best performance Kobe has ever mustered in the playoffs to slip by. It's not arguable that it was ONE OF the best playoff series Kobe has ever had.

what is your point? Kobe could not have taken that same 09-10 suns team to the wcf. Nobody could have. Nobody. It was freakish what they were able to accomplish.

Starting lineup 09-10 suns -
Robin lopez
Jason Richardson
Steve Nash
Grant Hill
Amare

bench
Barbosa
Dragic
Lou
Dudley

None of these players have been anywhere near the conference finals since. None of them. GTFO

Last edited by Mrofir : 04-02-2013 at 09:43 AM.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:43 AM   #54
dh144498
ripthekik is my hero!

Quote:
First of all, you make no sense. I know that 2008, 2009 are also different years than 2013. What about 1956?

Second, I do not hate Kobe Bryant. I have loads of respect for the guy.

What happened from 2008-2010 is steve nash led a team of straight scrubs to the wcf, beating a really tough portland team in the 1st round and then SWEEPING the spurs. They lost to an excellent Lakers team in a very close series. LA needed nothing less than (arguably) the best performance Kobe has ever mustered in the playoffs to slip by. It's not arguable that it was ONE OF the best playoff series Kobe has ever had.

what is your point? Kobe could not have taken that same 2010 suns team to the wcf. Nobody could have. Nobody.

look at what Kobe has achieved both individually and team-success wise since 2007? 3 straight finals and back to back, hence why I said 2008-2010. So why would 2013 be relevant? Nothing in this thread indicates anyone pointing to Nash as a scapegoat like you thought. This thread is bumped to show how dumb Jon Barry is.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:45 AM   #55
Mrofir

Quote:
look at what Kobe has achieved both individually and team-success wise since 2007? 3 straight finals and back to back, hence why I said 2008-2010. So why would 2013 be relevant? Nothing in this thread indicates anyone pointing to Nash as a scapegoat like you thought. This thread is bumped to show how dumb Jon Barry is.

Jon Barry was right. Kobe could not have done what Nash did in Phoenix. He had the perfect leadership style personality and on court skill set to maximize that team's potential. And I mean MAXIMIZE.

Could Nash have done what Kobe did in LA? No.

Is Nash better than Kobe? No. You can go back to whatever it is you were doing and I give you permission to sleep soundly at night, despite this absolute disaster of a season that HAS to be mostly Kobe's responsibility, being the superstar and all. Unless you want to argue he's not anymore and thus shouldn't take the responsibility for this failure. That's what real superstars do, that's what Kobe has to do. Only his fans cannot stand the responsibility that comes with being a superstar.

and ps the reason I posted that we shouldnt bump threads from 2007 is that some posters were born in 2007 and thus have no idea what they are talking about, having only been able to talk for about 4 years and still can't really read, much less remember what basketball was like back then.

Last edited by Mrofir : 04-02-2013 at 09:55 AM.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:32 AM   #56
Maniak
Maniak

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
If we had a rematch of todays game with Kobe and Nash switched (i would hate seeing Nashie in a Laker uniform..yellow is so not his color) I think the Lakers would fare so much better with Nash in there than with Kobe in the Suns system

So true.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:12 AM   #57
rmt

rmt is considered somewhat coolrmt is considered somewhat cool

People are forgetting that Lakers have SPENT lots of money on Kobe's teams (see the 100+million current payroll). Sarver is a cheapskate - Kobe would have to do with a lot less talent than in LA. LOL at Kobe ("I see nothing but that basket. You could be open, there could be three guys on me, but the only thing I see is that basket so you have to tell me, Look, I was open. Or yell at me mid-play") in that kind of system sharing the ball.
rmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:23 AM   #58
no pun intended
Mozart Basketball

no pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation here

Y'all do realize that 2007 was SIX years ago right?
no pun intended is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: