Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast

Default Re: Stan Van Gundy confirms Dwight Howard asked Magic to fire him

SNITCH. He said it. Snitch get stitches. Barkley told it. Seriously, If I'm ever in a huge corporation like that and ther eis a snitch in my service ? God I'd be pissed beyond relief. There are millions in play here and you go around snitching ? Should be blacklisted for the rest of your career.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    You know, I saw the Dwight quote yesterday and I don't know if it caught a lot of people's attention, but it caught mine. I think it said a lot. And I think that quote probably got to SVG enough for him to decide "the hell with it" and just let it loose.

Anyone else notice Dwight say "Throw rocks and hide" when SVG started to walk away? Yowsa.
    damn, i didn't even notice that the first time really, his whole tone was almost condescending, like some big smug teenager talking down to his parent or something. i'm especially talking about the 'and stop the knicks, right stan?' part. awkward indeed

i said it from the start...i don't think this will end well. if orlando loses in the first round, management will have an excuse to axe SVG. the bad part is the real problem is otis smith. no one is innocent here but management deserves a lot of blame and i don't trust anything howard says anymore
    Last edited by blacknapalm; 04-05-2012 at 10:42 PM.

NBA rookie of the year Rockets(T-mac)'s Avatar

I don't blame SVG for telling it like it is, it has to be frustrating to hear all this shit on a daily basis. Dwight needs to stop acting like a child and shut up and just play.

And I don't know why Orlando is bending over back for Dwight, he's going to leave anyway....

Good college starter Noob Saibot's Avatar

Orlando Magic are cursed. they can't keep an all-star player for anything.

NBA rookie of the year

Dwight is becoming less likeable to me. Good player but just doesn't know how to handle his business. At this point I wouldn't even trade Bynum for him and all the potential headaches he would bring.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Rockets(T-mac)
    I don't blame SVG for telling it like it is, it has to be frustrating to hear all this shit on a daily basis. Dwight needs to stop acting like a child and shut up and just play.

And I don't know why Orlando is bending over back for Dwight, he's going to leave anyway....
    SVG clearly wants some form of resolution. He's almost begging the front office to fire him and I don't blame him one bit. He has to deal with Dwight on the court and a bunch of dolts in the front office. If they don't fire him I wouldn't be surprised to see him quit

Fire Dwane Casey

Damn...if I was Stan i'd tell Dwight and the Magic organization to f*ck themselves and resign right before the playoffs. Dude would still be owed big bucks while sitting home eating chips waiting for teams to offer him contracts Do it Stan!!! You deserve better

Quote Originally Posted by GoRapz
    Damn...if I was Stan i'd tell Dwight and the Magic organization to f*ck themselves and resign right before the playoffs. Dude would still be owed big bucks while sitting home eating chips waiting for teams to offer him contracts Do it Stan!!! You deserve better
    explain how he would still be owed big bucks?

Magic Johnson

I figured Dwight couldn't possibly make his situation any worse than Shaq's departure or LeBron's decision, but he's managed to combine those two situations into this ridiculous bullshit. Like Shaq, he wants Gundy out. Like LeBron, he's getting a bunch of unwarranted media attention. But unlike those two guys, he's gone back and over the fence. One day he wants to be traded, and the next day he wants to retire as a Magic.

Sidenote: How ****ing stupid does it sound to say "retire as a Magic." You guys need a new team name. I never realized how gay "Magic" was.

Sidenote two: How strange is it that Magic (gay name) Johnson got HIV, which is ignorantly linked to HIV?

Fire Dwane Casey

Quote Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
    explain how he would still be owed big bucks?
    Wouldn't Stan still be entitled to the rest of the money on his contract for atleast this year?

Magic Johnson

Wouldn't Stan still be entitled to the rest of the money on his contract for atleast this year?
    Yes, he would. I believe he wouldn't collect that money if he took another coaching job, though.

Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    You know, I saw the Dwight quote yesterday and I don't know if it caught a lot of people's attention, but it caught mine. I think it said a lot. And I think that quote probably got to SVG enough for him to decide "the hell with it" and just let it loose.

Anyone else notice Dwight say "Throw rocks and hide" when SVG started to walk away? Yowsa.
    That throw rocks and hide was about the reporter or person he was accusing of making it up.. not directed at van gundy..

Local High School Star SunsCaptain's Avatar

Default Re: SVG Confirms Howard asked for him to be fired

ghj

Decent college freshman InfiniteBaskets's Avatar

Would Stan still be entitled to his money if he quit though? Or is it only if he gets fired?

Looks like the Magic will be having the same crap in February and March 2013, when Dwight asks them to roll the dice on him again.