Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast
    Sunshine State

Default Re: ISH ~ Video Games Lounge

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    just wait for the new battlefront next year.
    Next year is a ways away.

Been getting back into State of Decay. Fun game

Boozer and Lebron Fam CarlosBoozer's Avatar

Thinking of hosting an ISH Day Z survival tournament, bad thing is I live in the Philippines

Home of the 16

Quote Originally Posted by CarlosBoozer
    Thinking of hosting an ISH Day Z survival tournament, bad thing is I live in the Philippines
    You part of PPS?

What dat :O

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Le Shaqtus
    Next year is a year away.
    fixed.

Finished Infamous :)

Sunshine State

Just got infamous today.

It's bloody awesome, but I find myself freeing all the districts before I do any actual missions

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10
    Nope. Just ordered it today via an Amazon reseller. It'll be at least another week before I'll get it.
    Played don bradmans cricket all weekend. Finished a season on a bowling all rounder, end of the year and I had 49 wickets at an average of 6 with the ball in the shield, my t20 average was also under 10 and my one day average was around 15 from memory, batting averages were all under 18 which was my highest in the one dayers. I've kind of figured out a way to make runs now and then by batting right across my stumps and just playing everything off the pads to the leg side, made a 77 off 55 in a one day game batting at 7 and on a new number 4 batsman I've made a 66 in the first innnings of his debut shield game and had to leave for work before I could play the second innings. Those are my only 50s and I still didn't feel confident while making them. The system really feels unnecessarily clumsy and combined with getting out through bugs it's really frustrating.

It is a great feeling when you make some runs and is as stressful as real life but it's just un realistic how you have to bat to make the runs and it's insane that defensive shots are much harder than just playing regular run scoring shots. I found once I stopped playing defensive shots I did far better, I think it's because when you mistime a defensive shot you always get LBW or bowled whereas a mistimed by correct footwork regular shot still connects and usually just doesn't go where you've aimed or doesn't stay on the ground.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Finished the Bioshock 2 main story. Now just gong through the Minerva's Den DLC. I can see why I didn't like this game too much when it first came out. It was basically the exact same gameplay as Bioshock and seemed too soon after. Now, years later, it's still the same game but I appreciate the great story and deeper look into Rapture.

Also have on the go:

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor (3DS)

GTA 5 (PS3) - I lost interest in this for a while but now getting back into it to finish the story.

Dark Souls 2 (PS3) - Started it, but it's been put on hold for now until I get some of these other games out of the way.
    Last edited by Qwyjibo; 04-07-2014 at 07:49 PM.

Home of the 16

Finished Infamous 2 & I lost interest on Black Flag; the missions were just so repetitive. Tell me if it gets better when you're at 75% of the way of completing the sstry-line cuz I sure as hell not playing it for the gameplay. Sailing or being a pirate is probably not my thing, but I find everything in this game boring. It was interesting at first, but throughout the entire time it gave me this arcade feeling, & it just got really boring. The bushes feels forced, & that's all I got to say about that.

Milking out mygm mode right now. I'm thinking of selling Infamous 2 & Black Flag.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Shaqtus
    Just got infamous today.

It's bloody awesome, but I find myself freeing all the districts before I do any actual missions
    It's what I did too.

Can't wait till my semester is over in three weeks. Gonna finally sit down and finish inFamous and get Tomb Raider: DE completed.

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    Played don bradmans cricket all weekend. Finished a season on a bowling all rounder, end of the year and I had 49 wickets at an average of 6 with the ball in the shield, my t20 average was also under 10 and my one day average was around 15 from memory, batting averages were all under 18 which was my highest in the one dayers. I've kind of figured out a way to make runs now and then by batting right across my stumps and just playing everything off the pads to the leg side, made a 77 off 55 in a one day game batting at 7 and on a new number 4 batsman I've made a 66 in the first innnings of his debut shield game and had to leave for work before I could play the second innings. Those are my only 50s and I still didn't feel confident while making them. The system really feels unnecessarily clumsy and combined with getting out through bugs it's really frustrating.

It is a great feeling when you make some runs and is as stressful as real life but it's just un realistic how you have to bat to make the runs and it's insane that defensive shots are much harder than just playing regular run scoring shots. I found once I stopped playing defensive shots I did far better, I think it's because when you mistime a defensive shot you always get LBW or bowled whereas a mistimed by correct footwork regular shot still connects and usually just doesn't go where you've aimed or doesn't stay on the ground.
    Still waiting for my copy but the bowling seems way too easy and batting too difficult. What difficulty are you on? What did you think of Matt's review?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10
    Still waiting for my copy but the bowling seems way too easy and batting too difficult. What difficulty are you on? What did you think of Matt's review?
    Didn't read it fully, to be honest a lot of reviews over there seem to be in love with bigant and are overlooking the games issues. You seem people posting that others need to learn how to play and spend more time but then they go on in other threads about how they have to only play leg side shots, move across the stumps and ignore the back foot to make runs which isn't exactly a glowing recommendation when you need to bat in an unrealistic style to succeed. I've been playing career on pro (the lowest), made a few scores over 50 but while it's exciting and an achievement at no point do I feel like I'm fully in control which really bothers me, too often I get into the 30s and think I'm settled only to go out to a buggy run out, a super human catch or the game will have me playing a poorly directed stroke but I look down and my stick isn't pointed to what it registered at all. The system they have chosen isn't terrible I just think it isn't accurate enough right now for what they are trying to achieve with footwork and stroke play. I'm also bored of bowling, I've been mainly playing on pro with the bowling hud off and recently a bit on veteran but even on veteran once your used to the timing of your release batsmen still play stupid shots and you take a load of wickets. In all honesty even though I've had a bit of fun I'd probably return the game to EB right now and wait for the PC release when it's patched, adding in the fact that the graphics look like a 360 launch game, the screen has the worst tearing I've ever seen and the game has quite a bit of lag and it's pretty much only going to find appeal with die hard cricket fans. I couldn't recommend it to a casual fan like I could NBA2k, fifa, madden, nhl etc. I've also had games where I bat out for an hour and a half for what should be a draw but the game decides I've lost even with wickets in hand, or batted for 45 minutes only to go out to a bug. I also finished my first season and it wouldn't even let me play the last 4 shield games and one games, I was top of the tables and looking forward to the finals but nope can't play them. Pretty frustrated with it now.

I've just started playing crono-trigger on my 3ds. I never played it in the snes era but I played a bit of it probably 8 years ago on emulation. Pretty good game so far.
    Last edited by outbreak; 04-08-2014 at 08:26 PM.

Sunshine State

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    It's what I did too.

Can't wait till my semester is over in three weeks. Gonna finally sit down and finish inFamous and get Tomb Raider: DE completed.
    Just freed all the districts and I JUST got the video power, it's pretty awesome.

I've collected all the shards in the game (minus the one in uptown you can't get until the final mission )so I can pretty much power up most of the stuff I want.

I want to do an evil run, but hate making bad choices