Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 71415161718 LastLast
       

Default Re: Absolute Smartest People on InsideHoops

'sup figan.

There are a lot of really intelligent posters on this board. It's a very impressive group. The problem is, intelligent posters tend to post very little, (since nothing is often a wise thing to do and always a wise thing to say) and the highest-volume posters tend to be the dumbest.

It's hard to pin down a "most intelligent" poster though. I would say Kwajo is the most intelligent guy to ever post here, but I haven't seen him in years.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Clifton
    There are a lot of really intelligent posters on this board. It's a very impressive group. The problem is, intelligent posters tend to post very little, (since nothing is often a wise thing to do and always a wise thing to say) and the highest-volume posters tend to be the dumbest.

It's hard to pin down a "most intelligent" poster though. I would say Kwajo is the most intelligent guy to ever post here, but I haven't seen him in years.
    What impresses me most about him is that all that wit and knowledge is channeled into his pure love of nature.

Good to hear that people are using their brains for the sake of the preservation of Earth, and in your case, the love of knowledge.

Makes life a bit fresher when there are undiscovered gems out in uncharted territories (Nova Scotia).

exercise profits littl MadeFromDust's Avatar

Let's just put it this way...wilt da stilt could never score enough to match my IQ

--__--

Quote Originally Posted by MadeFromDust
    Let's just put it this way...wilt da stilt could never score enough to match my IQ

--__--
    So 101?

I'd like to nominate shlver. Read through a lot of his posts today; he's a smart f[COLOR="Black"]uck.[/COLOR]

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B-Low
    So 101?

Dude set himself up so badly.

It's always interesting to me when discussing intelligence. Usually we think someone is smart when they talk about science or math. But equal experts in other fields get less to no respect.

What are you people thoughts on standardized tests?

Because I remember I score pretty well. Some people wanted me to skip a grade so I could go to college faster because of it.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

My IQ is 167

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bandito
    What are you people thoughts on standardized tests?

Because I remember I score pretty well. Some people wanted me to skip a grade so I could go to college faster because of it.
    I am not on board with standardized testing. Or at least I don't like the amount of emphasis placed on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
    I am not on board with standardized testing. Or at least I don't like the amount of emphasis placed on it.
    Me neither. People were treating me like I was some kind of genius and then when I went to college I drop out

Then my friend who honestly is a dumbass finish college.

In my opinion all that is bullcrap. It has to with hard work. You want something work hard enough to get. Set a goal and just do it. Now I went back to college and I am getting good grades, why? Because I set a goal and I am working extra hard to get it.

   

Quote Originally Posted by B-Low
    So 101?
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to B-Low again."

when a small work of beauty like that can't get a rep, you know that... that... fuh.

Quote Originally Posted by ace23
    I'd like to nominate shlver. Read through a lot of his posts today; he's a smart f[COLOR="Black"]uck.[/COLOR]
    i had already been thinking the same. repped.

OTHO, i tend to believe that every person is smart as eff in their own specialty(ies). every --single-- human being.

thus, every one of us is some type of genius from a certain perspective, if you grok me.

still, i think the real issue along those lines is recognising our own unique, personal genius and deciding what the eff to do with it in this crazy, stupid world of ours. but i digress.

still, if some asshole with a microphone randomly walked up to you and asked in an annoying broadcast voice: "so, where do you think your personal genius lies?"

...what do you think you might answer back with?

but yea, shakehand-lover is clearly VERY smart in med and biochemical issues... as a dedicated MEDICAL student, mind you. but still, he's a willing communicator and puts himself out there again and again when he didn't really have to. that was kind of the key for me, in the end. willingness towards broad-spectrum-thinking, so to speak.

but hey, did you know that the reptile / dino / bird branch never developed a significant cerebellum (hope i remembered that correctly!), therefore you have creatures like crows and parrots who are demonstrably just as smart as human children who are running around without the supposed mental regions that form the 'makeup' of higher intelligence... and yet they keep demonstraing higher intelligence... over and over again.

like cephalopods and bladers... both highly-fascinating to watch, if you happen to have the spare time.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP

Dude set himself up so badly.

It's always interesting to me when discussing intelligence. Usually we think someone is smart when they talk about science or math. But equal experts in other fields get less to no respect.
    Reminds me of in the econ field when a paper is so mathy that hardly anyone can understand it so most just assume that its good.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    Reminds me of in the econ field when a paper is so mathy that hardly anyone can understand it so most just assume that its good.
    Forreal.

The biggest culprit of this though is Russell Brand.

He uses the most flowery fukking language to communicate pretty simplistic thoughts and this wows the hell out of the audience everytime without fail.

For example he'll talk about aflling in love and add "it is the most amazing and incredibly regular thing" to ever happen. HERP DERP zomg he's using contradicting adjectives i'm about to have a mental-verbal orgasm at this man's incredible complexxxiitttitttyyyyyy! Yeah. Right.

The dude's bright no doubt, witty, insightful, but he's no Beetlegeuse. I get the vibe that a lot of the old actors like James Woods can easily son him but choose to convey themselves in straightforward vernacular.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
    It is a lot more complex than that.

Scientist would love to call it genetics, but the way our brains are being structured has a lot more to do with thought than anything else. We have 2 sectors of society that is systematically indoctrinating people's minds. One is education. The other is the church. Education is a system of indoctrination, thus people who are more "educated" tend to be more liberal. The other sector is religion, and those who are religious will be more conservative.

It is because both political parties have spent a huge amount of money to influence one or the other, so through this association of social beliefs, both institutions are very successful in brain washing students or young children to believe in one or the other.

I think the main goal of the rich is to stir up a bit of class warfare, meaning, poor vs poor, y'know, this way they can divert the attention away from a rich vs poor showdown; the idea is if the poor are more focused on social issues (gays, racism, abortion, etc.) that will only make them hate each other more, and they won't be so focused on the people truely screwing them over: the rich.

Most of society are conditioned in two ways: education or church. Most Americans are raised to hate one or the other, meaning, they were taught to hate their neighbors and the people around them that take the other side. What they teach in school is the antithesis of what they teach in the churches: if they say you should be accepting of gays in the schools, the churches will go against gays; when the schools teach contraceptives in sex education, the churches go against that, so on and so forth. You get the point. Living in America, you only have 2 choices growing up: being liberal or conservative, and it all really boils down to how well you do in school (liberal) or how much you like church (conservative). Those 2 institutions influence the minds of the population the most. There is a reason why the Democrats will pour their heart and soul into education and there is a reason why every Republican is nothing more than a religious hack. Both systems were bought and paid for and most americans are either brainwashed in one way of thinking or the other.
    Agreed quite thoroughly.

The antagonization amongst the lefts and the rights reek of bad blood and ostracization, when in reality we are perpetually intertwined and need each other for prosperity. Biggest issue is the left sees the right as dumb, backwards, and greedy but lacks balls and consistency and a set order of things. The right sees the left as hypocritical in the way they argue. And of course weak and destructive to American interests.

We must create a system to emphasize each others strengths. The left has done absolute wonders in terms of entertainment, kicking azz in music and movies especially. So many outstanding things have come through the social reform messages (RaTM, PE), the experimentaiton with drugs (Hendrix, Zep) and so on that America simply couldn't live without them. But their policies hurt the ambitious...

And the conservatives have mastered a safe formula in faith and family that have kept mankind from exercising its darkest impulses for thousands of years and continued to breed good, centered, strong people.

Just like in writing, if we can find a way to use the reason of the right with the imagination of the left in harmonious fashion, we could create a masterpiece.

All it takes is a refocus and readjustment but it's easier said than done. And I honestly think Nationalism could potentially help in this regard. If America was to collectively instill a sense of deep pride in its citizens and keep the utter bipartian animosity at bay, patch up a few policies (like divorce), and fund those who wish to create jobs, we could look at a brighter future.

It's like Cyrus says in The Warriors. "The problem is the man is turning us against one another." But what if.. we united

There's some masterminds pulling strings behind the scenes no doubts. F*ck them. I hope someone goes Dorothy and Co. on them and reduces Oz to a clown.

Similarly, the whole Muslim vs Christian vs Jew vs Atheist fiasco. There's some major sh!t going on to start up a ruccus. And when people are divided thats when bullies like Jack from Lord of the Flies step in and seize power. And as people who honor liberty it is imperative that tyrants be abdicated from the throne.