Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned

Default Re: Thibodeau should be automatic COY every season...

He doesn't deserve it this year, his team is BEYOND stacked.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamtaro CP3KDKG
    Neither are as good as Thibs defensively. Its not even close. You know that Thibs was the mind behind those 90s Knicks defenses right? When he got to Houston they became an elite top 5 defense when they were middle of the pack before.......he was the mind behind a GOAT defense in the 08 celtics and now w/ the bulls........his body of work is incredible

Both Brown and Pop had way better defensive talent
    can u imagine Thibs w/ WallacenWallace, Chauncey and Prince. Or DRob, Timmy, SJax, Bowen, Manu etc

neither are on Thibs level defensively

I agree Thibs is the man, but Butler, Gibson, and Noah are all INCREDIBLE defenders.

Banned

Popovich

Quote Originally Posted by BIZARRO
    I agree Thibs is the man, but Butler, Gibson, and Noah are all INCREDIBLE defenders.
    They are but they arent better defensive talents than the guys Brown and Pop have had the pleasure of coaching

They are but they arent better defensive talents than the guys Brown and Pop have had the pleasure of coaching
    Maybe, but he still has some damned good defensive talent on that squad. He needs to make some ECF's or Finals appearances before we call him the best ever.

I Rep the Thunder! Thunderfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
    And while I appreciate Melo's alpha loyalty to the Bulls, it would have been AMAZING to see him play on that team.

They'd win the east, easily.
    Knicks?

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
    Maybe, but he still has some damned good defensive talent on that squad. He needs to make some ECF's or Finals appearances before we call him the best ever.
    His "star" player is a baby that keeps getting hurt...............Pop isnt making WCFs and finals if Manu got hurt consistently let alone Duncan

And if one of the Wallaces or Chauncey was getting injured?

His "star" player is a baby that keeps getting hurt...............Pop isnt making WCFs and finals if Manu got hurt consistently let alone Duncan

And if one of the Wallaces or Chauncey was getting injured?
    Manu Ginobli? The Manu Ginobli who plays 22mpg and averages 12/4?

And his guys don't get hurt because he rests them so consistently - turns out playing all your starters 38mpg wears them down after 90 or so games.

It's close. Noah is the reigning Defensive Player Of The Year. And Gibson is close to as good as him. And Butler is better than both of them IMO.

In fact, IMO I'll go as far as to say Butler is the best defensive player in the league currently. You may think it's an overstatement, but Thibs himself even said today Butler is defensively "as good as anybody in the league."

I'll go with what Thibs said, but I don't even need his comment, as the eye test tells me nobody is doing what Butler is doing defensively right now.

The Holy Trinity

Truly the second coming of Greg Popovich (and even that may be selling him short). I don't care who you your team is, put Thibs on the bench, and give him an off-season to work with you. you'll go up at least two levels. If you're fighting for the #1 ping pong ball, he'll have you fighting for the 8 seed. If you're fighting for the 8 seed, he'll make you a top 4 seed. If you're a conference contender, he'll make you the conference favorite.

He's the only thing standing between LeBron and the Finals, and I don't like LeBron's chances.

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
    Manu Ginobli? The Manu Ginobli who plays 22mpg and averages 12/4?

And his guys don't get hurt because he rests them so consistently - turns out playing all your starters 38mpg wears them down after 90 or so games.
    If Manu didnt get hurt in 11 they beat Memphis. If he didnt get hurt in 08 they prolly beat the lakers. Manu is the 3rd best SG of the past era behind Kobe and Wade he was easily the spurs 2nd best player for the past decade

Quote Originally Posted by BIZARRO
    It's close. Noah is the reigning Defensive Player Of The Year. And Gibson is close to as good as him. And Butler is better than both of them IMO.

In fact, IMO I'll go as far as to say Butler is the best defensive player in the league currently. You may think it's an overstatement, but Thibs himself even said today Butler is defensively "as good as anybody in the league."

I'll go with what Thibs said, but I don't even need his comment, as the eye test tells me nobody is doing what Butler is doing defensively right now.
    Joakim is overrated defensively. Ive always thought Taj was better and Joakim was getting trashed against Washington while Taj held his own.

Ive thought Jimmy was a top 3 perimeter defender in the league for a while now but hes not touchin Tony Allen

It's amusing to see how people keep thinking nothing is done correctly unless you're doing things like the Spurs and Greg Popovich these days. Sure they're a great example, but greatness can never be replicated, you need to create your own greatness.

If Manu didnt get hurt in 11 they beat Memphis. If he didnt get hurt in 08 they prolly beat the lakers. Manu is the 3rd best SG of the past era behind Kobe and Wade he was easily the spurs 2nd best player for the past decade
    50% of the time you're right.

This is one of those times.