Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default I wonder what kind of firearm was used to murder cops in BR?

It's pretty much just a given now isn't it?

Police officers who responded to Sunday's shootings killed Long in a gunbattle after the other officers were ambushed, police sources told CNN. The murder weapon was an AR-15 style semi-automatic rifle, law enforcement sources told CNN.
    Things that are inevitable:

Death.

Taxes.

A shooting spree is committed using an AR-15 style rifle.
    Last edited by Facepalm; 07-18-2016 at 09:00 AM.

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

Default Re: I wonder what kind of firearm was used to murder cops in BR?

Hmm, why would they use that type of gun? Its strange considering all guns are the exact same.

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~
    Hmm, why would they use that type of gun? Its strange considering all guns are the exact same.
    I'm sure he purchased that powerful firearm for legitimate hunting purposes or to protect his home.

The deaths caused by "AR-15 style rifles" is minuscule.

Quote Originally Posted by LikeABosh
    The deaths caused by "AR-15 style rifles" is minuscule.
    About .018% of all firearm related deaths. And AR-15 style, to the media as well as the uneducated, is pretty much anything other than a pistol or shotgun.

Let's ban em'.

Surprised he didn't use a box truck. The K/D ratio with box trucks is sky high right now. We should ban them too.

On a side note, pretty sure the last shooter used a Mini-14 ranch rifle, which is 'AR' styled enough to be called an 'AR-15 style rifle' by the media (and the uneducated), when in reality, they are used to kill large wildlife on ranches. Hence the name... RANCH rifle.

The logic that some people have is really moronic.

O-Qua Tangin Wann

Why call them "AR-15 style" when they're not actually AR-15s?

It's like calling a German Sheppard a "wolf-style canine".

Quote Originally Posted by Riley Martin
    Why call them "AR-15 style" when they're not actually AR-15s?

It's like calling a German Sheppard a "wolf-style canine".
    Because your average viewer won't know the difference...

And because it grabs ratings.

NBA lottery pick Long Duck Dong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    On a side note, pretty sure the last shooter used a Mini-14 ranch rifle, which is 'AR' styled enough to be called an 'AR-15 style rifle' by the media (and the uneducated), when in reality, they are used to kill large wildlife on ranches. Hence the name... RANCH rifle.
    They called a Mini-14 an "AR-15 style rifle"?

They aren't even close to being the same rifle.

The old meme proves to be true once again.

Quote Originally Posted by Long Duck Dong
    They called a Mini-14 a "AR-15 style rifle"?

They aren't even close to being the same rifle.

The old meme proves to be true once again.

Anything that fires .223/.556 is an AR-15 to the easily confused.

About .018% of all firearm related deaths. And AR-15 style, to the media as well as the uneducated, is pretty much anything other than a pistol or shotgun.

Let's ban em'.

Surprised he didn't use a box truck. The K/D ratio with box trucks is sky high right now. We should ban them too.

These people are seriously delusional. Their arguments are completely at odds with the data, and yet they think their idiotic sarcasm can hide that quite obvious fact.

And what exactly is a "AR-15 style rifle"? Sounds like another meaningless buzzphrase, used by the media to manipulate people's sentiments--why can't they just name the actual gun instead of peddling this vague nonsense?

An "African style" shooter used an "AR-15 style" rifle to kill "European style" cops in an "Islamic style" terror attack in an "American style" city according to a "journalism style" television network.

NBA lottery pick Long Duck Dong's Avatar

Anything that fires .223/.556 is an AR-15 to the easily confused.
    If they don't know what an AR-15 is, I'm pretty sure they aren't familiar with the .223 cartridge.

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    These people are seriously delusional. Their arguments are completely at odds with the data, and yet they think their idiotic sarcasm can hide that quite obvious fact.

And what exactly is a "AR-15 style rifle"? Sounds like another meaningless buzzphrase, used by the media to manipulate people's sentiments--why can't they just name the actual gun instead of peddling this vague nonsense?
    The meaningless semantics that defines what is a "military style rifle" has always been your pointless argument. WHO CARES WHAT THEY ARE CALLED.

It's rifles originally designed by the military and then dumbed down to semi-auto for the public...okay??? Rifles that were NOT designed to hunt animals.

long barreled rifles in general, are designed for long range combat with other humans....they are NOT ideal for home protection (regardless of what UK says). If you walked into ANY gun store and said "I need home protection" they would point you to pistols are shotguns.

Furthermore, like mentioned in this thread, the deaths caused by these rifles are minuscule, on average 18 people a year are killed by them, the Pulse club shooting alone will be the bulk of humans killed by these rifles this year. There are FAR more murders by these weapons than self defense, so why are you fighting for them exactly? Do you even own one? wtf are you so outraged over when it comes to the banning of these weapons?

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~
    The meaningless semantics that defines what is a "military style rifle" has always been your pointless argument. WHO CARES WHAT THEY ARE CALLED.

It's rifles originally designed by the military and then dumbed down to semi-auto for the public...okay??? Rifles that were NOT designed to hunt animals.

long barreled rifles in general, are designed for long range combat with other humans....they are NOT ideal for home protection (regardless of what UK says). If you walked into ANY gun store and said "I need home protection" they would point you to pistols are shotguns.

Furthermore, like mentioned in this thread, the deaths caused by these rifles are minuscule, on average 18 people a year are killed by them, the Pulse club shooting alone will be the bulk of humans killed by these rifles this year. There are FAR more murders by these weapons than self defense, so why are you fighting for them exactly? Do you even own one? wtf are you so outraged over when it comes to the banning of these weapons?
    Um, when was the last time you left the city?

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/scienc...769069/?no-ist

Good luck taking out one of these cute little guys with your 9mm. Or a bear. Or a mountain lion.

Also... I don't see the problem. I see an issue with the shooters. They're insane, they hate cops, they hate white people, they hate they hate they hate...

That doesn't change if they are suddenly unarmed. I've said before on numerous occasions, if a body count was the goal, they wouldn't be using a gun. But that's not the goal.... being 'scary' is.