Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast

Default Re: Derrick Rose or OJ Mayo or Michael Beasley

Quote Originally Posted by Interminator
    He's very good.

But he projects to be a Ben Gordon with hops

We're talking about guys who are 20 and under with potential to make 8+ All Star Teams in their careers

This draft has the best PG crop in ever ever...do you understand EVER!!!!!!!
    Mayo
    Rose
    Lawson
    Collison
    Bayless(a monster as well)
    Jamont Gordon

not to menton the Seniors
    Ronald Steele(if he comes back healthy and returns to pre-injury form could be a Top 15 pick)
    Sean Singletary
    Ben Gordon already got hops. To me Eric Gordon looks like Mitch Richmond a lot.

And imo Paul, Felton, Deron >> the next draft. Mayo, I see him becoming a Marbury type.

Lakers 4 life. Kobe!

OJ has a little bit of Kobe in him.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by clayton
    OJ has a little bit of Kobe in him.
    about as much as Larry Hughes has...

My prediction is OJ Mayo will never start an all star game and prob only make 1-2 tops...This dude is just vastly overrated or WAS vastly overrated.

McCants is Available!!

Quote Originally Posted by Younggrease
    about as much as Larry Hughes has...My prediction is OJ Mayo will be closer to larry hughes in washington then Kobe Bryant...This dude is just vastly overrated or WAS vastly overrated.
    OJ who???

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Basketball#1
    OJ who???
    OJ "Overrated" Mayo...Although I changed my post because I forgot for a moment how bad larry hughes is...He cant be that bad

Banned

OJ "16 points @ UCLA" Mayo

Mayo is Gilbert Arenas jr w/Superstar Hype.

Mayo will have to learn over time that he is not a distributing PG and will not make anyone better in the NBA,his job will be to push the ball up the court and score.

In the right situation,Mayo will make 10-12 All Star Games and compete for 5-7 Scoring Titles.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Younggrease
    OJ "Overrated" Mayo...Although I changed my post because I forgot for a moment how bad larry hughes is...He cant be that bad
    OJ Mayo is nowhere near as bad as Larry Hughes has become.

How is OJ Mayo overrated?

Did you really think he was going to average 35 PPG/10/6 at USC?

McCants is Available!!

No, but I did think he would prove his worth for the first overall pick. So far he has failed.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Basketball#1
    No, but I did think he would prove his worth for the first overall pick. So far he has failed.
    How?

Because Beasley is such a ****ing monster at Kansas State he cant compare

Banned

he was freakin compared to the best sg in the league as a prospect... I had guys on here tell me he is the same caliber athlete as a young Kobe...Tell me he could be a better scorer... Then people act like he can just turn into Gilbert Arenas like its easy... He was susposed to be the "savior" of USC and one of the best players in the country... Right now he prob isnt even an all american or close to it... And dont act like it cant be done, the top prospects like Durant and Oden dominated college, look at Beasley...where is OJ Mayo, who at one time was called the next Lebron??

If that isnt overrated then I dont know what it is??

Local High School Star ChrisConley's Avatar

when usc plays a solid team that actually plays decent defense, mayo chucks bricks. and that's single coverage. i think when he hits the nba and draws tough defenders and double teams, he'll barely crack 40% from the field.

Proves idiots wrong Human Error's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    I like Love's game but he is doomed when he choose UCLA. They always pump out softies and sellouts for the most part. Baron Davis breaks the mold off the top of my head. Cant think of anyone else. Dont mention mofos from the past...irrelevant. Talkin last 10yrs. Hopefully he breaks the mold like Elton Brand did the "Duke curse".
    Kapono is a tough dude. If he were a softie, he wouldn't have said something like "I could've changed my name to Vladimir Kaponovic and could've gone in the lottery".

Dunking on everybody in the park donsanchez306's Avatar

ummm give me any of those over nicholas batum whom everyone to ever do a mock draft gives us. with our top pick.

Banned

I see people are already jumping off the OJ bandwagon.

You talk about fickle.

Durant puts up all-time numbers for a freshman and 80% of this board hailed him as an future NBA Great. Now OJ is playing within the system and you got dudes saying he's 'overrated'.

Funny.

Again, this is why I'm me, and you're you. I do my homework. I see inside the numbers. I evaluate talent with the keennest of eye. Obviously you people do none of this. You see a few games here and there and want to make extreme decisions based on irrelevant statistical boxscores.

Believe this, is anyone from this draft can be great, it will be OJ Mayo. I'm not saying he will be great, but his ceiling blows the rest of these cats out the water. He just big/strong/quick/explosive/composed enough to do anything he wants on the court. He doesn't need a position cause he is the position. If he's at point, he has to much strenght and size. Try to defend him at the SG position, and he'll use his quickness and in between game to eat you up. Plus he's a quality passer at whatever position he plays.

You dudes are too funny. Learn to make your own decisions and guage talent with your own eyes. If you thought Durant would a great in the NBA, then should really be saying the same Mayo, not because of a few freshman college games, but because HIS INDIVIDUAL SKILLSET TRANSLATES AT THE PRO BETTER.

As a pro Mayo > Durant.

Easy call here. Talk to me when you see the same.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Created Player
    I see people are already jumping off the OJ bandwagon.

You talk about fickle.

Durant puts up all-time numbers for a freshman and 80% of this board hailed him as an future NBA Great. Now OJ is playing within the system and you got dudes saying he's 'overrated'.

Funny.

Again, this is why I'm me, and you're you. I do my homework. I see inside the numbers. I evaluate talent with the keennest of eye. Obviously you people do none of this. You see a few games here and there and want to make extreme decisions based on irrelevant statistical boxscores.

Believe this, is anyone from this draft can be great, it will be OJ Mayo. I'm not saying he will be great, but his ceiling blows the rest of these cats out the water. He just big/strong/quick/explosive/composed enough to do anything he wants on the court. He doesn't need a position cause he is the position. If he's at point, he has to much strenght and size. Try to defend him at the SG position, and he'll use his quickness and in between game to eat you up. Plus he's a quality passer at whatever position he plays.

You dudes are too funny. Learn to make your own decisions and guage talent with your own eyes. If you thought Durant would a great in the NBA, then should really be saying the same Mayo, not because of a few freshman college games, but because HIS INDIVIDUAL SKILLSET TRANSLATES AT THE PRO BETTER.
    As a pro Mayo > Durant.

Easy call here. Talk to me when you see the same.

you dont even understand his skill set...

either you havent seen him play much or you are horrible at evaluating talent..OJ Mayo has a decent first step, he isnt blowing by any1 and has trouble getting where he wants on the floor against mediocre teams in D1... he isnt big and if you think he is blowing by nba 2 guards you are joking...He cant even blow by dudes in NCAA in single coverage...