Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 09-03-2008, 05:30 PM   #16
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Bulls_Fan20 has decent reputationBulls_Fan20 has decent reputation
Post Re: Filling the void at center

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHardBullsFan
This is going to sound nuts....but I wouldnt mind having shaq for only 2 seasons giving up Tyrus...Gooden and Hughes....look on the bright side...we will have a ton of cap room in 2010... for ether Wade or Lebron

You are right...it does sound nuts. Hughes will be $12 million in cap space in 2010 anyway, so why trade three guys for 40 games a year of Shaq when all three are better than him?
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 05:39 PM   #17
coles_brandon
Can barely lace up my sneakers

coles_brandon has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Filling the void at center

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls_Fan20
You are right...it does sound nuts. Hughes will be $12 million in cap space in 2010 anyway, so why trade three guys for 40 games a year of Shaq when all three are better than him?

Because he's still Shaq and he'll work his ass off. He gets the job done when he's needed most. You need a quick 2, throw it down to Shaquille
coles_brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 05:45 PM   #18
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by coles_brandon
Because he's still Shaq and he'll work his ass off. He gets the job done when he's needed most. You need a quick 2, throw it down to Shaquille

Yeah, but after you throw it down there he gets fouled and makes 1 of 2 (if he's lucky). We've been through two years of that with Ben Wallace, and I really don't want to go back. And I'll take three younger, average players (with upside in TT and Gooden's cases) over one slightly above average player who is way past his prime.
Old 09-04-2008, 03:45 AM   #19
97 bulls
5-time NBA All-Star

97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter
I wish people would stop talking about centers.

We won 6 championships with Longley & Cartwright.
im one of those that feel longley was serviceable. he average about 10 and 6 in limited minutes. his 36 min stats are solid at 13 and 8 and almost 2 blks a game. god i miss that team.

i wish we would trade for randolph. he can score in the post.
97 bulls is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 03:02 PM   #20
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97 bulls

3 more years and $15 million per, along with all the headaches you get from having him on the team is not worth the good he can do as an interior scorer. If Paxson didn't like Curry, no way is he going to trade for Randolph.
Old 09-04-2008, 04:15 PM   #21
CelticForce1349
Ich Liebe die Bulls!

CelticForce1349 is considered somewhat coolCelticForce1349 is considered somewhat coolCelticForce1349 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97 bulls
im one of those that feel longley was serviceable. he average about 10 and 6 in limited minutes. his 36 min stats are solid at 13 and 8 and almost 2 blks a game. god i miss that team.

I don't want to see Zach Randolph anywhere near this team. He wont help the team much on the court and he could really hurt them off the court.
CelticForce1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 05:46 PM   #22
tian820
NBA lottery pick

tian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this board

Wow, if we traded for Randolph, I would puke... It's not like this Bulls team has a dominating presence either. No coach like Phil or player like MJ to set guys straight. Trading for Randolph would be a disaster
tian820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 11:42 AM   #23
casual_observer
I airball my layups

casual_observer has an OK reputation so far

There are a couple of things we overlook about the Bulls Centers back in the 90s. They were all 7 footers, and heavy so they could play defense..Wennigton was an exception...he was a bit on the skinny side but still close to 7.
cartwright, longley were close to 7 and heavy.

I have not given up on Noah or TT. I hope TT grew to 6'10" so he can play 4 with Noah at 5. I am not sure if anyone of them in going to have a offensive game ever but if they can defense like tim Duncan and david Robinson....AND...IF (big if) we can count on Deng to score 25pts a game with Rose dishing out assists to Thabo, and TT we can be a scarrpy team that wins with a 80-85 score ballgames.

My starting lineup: Rose, Thabo, Deng, TT, Noah.
Hinrich, Hughes, Noce, Gooden and anyone else should come off the bench.
I dont' want to get into an argument that a player on the 2nd list of better than someone on the first. Everyone on the second unit has hit their ceiling or have a low ceiling. We need to let the first unit develop and play thru a loosing season or two. Skiles biggest fault was not developing players.

We have already wasted 2 years with Thao and TT. let's not make it three.
I am encouraged to hear VDN comments about TT, Thabo etc.
casual_observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 06:05 PM   #24
coles_brandon

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...~4&te= &cash=
Old 09-07-2008, 07:04 PM   #25
tian820
NBA lottery pick

tian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this board

Quote:

Will you please post why you think these trades are worthwhile?
tian820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 07:35 PM   #26
Undisputed
Do. Your. Job.

Undisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableUndisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableUndisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableUndisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableUndisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableUndisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableUndisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableUndisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableUndisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableUndisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableUndisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by tian820

Good question.

Glad he didn't open a new thread for that one though.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 01:30 AM   #27
coles_brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tian820

The Bulls lack shot blocking and a true inside presence. Hunter can BLOCK, REBOUND, and consistently hit a turnaround j. 2 years on his contract. All the trade scenarios I do I think out logically. There really isn't anyone but a few 5 players worth trading for and you might as well fill a void but give up the least amount of talent that the other team will settle for. The Bulls are going nowhere fast and need to make some moves ANY MOVES and my trades not only bring in quality players but improve team chemistry and at least give Chicago a shot to make the playoffs. EX:

Shaq trade
Joe Johnson for ben g, noah, sefolosha

and some other trade I did. That's IMPROVEMENT, they'll be better than they are right now. They need to sat BG with a few others for a legit SG and or pack up Hughes and couple for a big man--BUT WHO? No SUPERSTAR big men avail.

Everyone talks about 2010, sign kobe, sign wade. WHY WAIT--MAKE MOVES NOW. MAKE THE TEAM A COMPETITOR AND WADE/BRYANT WILL WANT TO COME!!!!!! Untill then sit and watch this team to diddley squat cuz you guys who whine and ***** are just like PAX--scared to pull the trigger.

Here is another example:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...4~23&te=&cash=

Shooter with length. Garcia can light it up. GET EM and LET EM SHOOT. Now imagine

Rose/Hinrich
Johnson/Garcia
Deng/Nocioni
Gooden/Thomas
Hunter/Gray

It's VERY REALISTIC and gets rid of a lot of DEAD WEIGHT.
Old 09-08-2008, 02:30 AM   #28
GUS DIDDLES

GUS DIDDLES has an OK reputation so far

the way i see it u guys only have a limited amount of choices or trades you can make b/c there are only a few players from the bulls that other teams want
hinrick
nocioni
tyrus

now in almost every trade i c that u guys come up with involve larry huges
trust me when i say this
no1 wants him
hes to over priced for what u get
even if he was playing like he did at the 76ers he still shouldn't be worth that much
GUS DIDDLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 02:19 PM   #29
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUS DIDDLES
the way i see it u guys only have a limited amount of choices or trades you can make b/c there are only a few players from the bulls that other teams want
hinrick
nocioni
tyrus

now in almost every trade i c that u guys come up with involve larry huges
trust me when i say this
no1 wants him
hes to over priced for what u get
even if he was playing like he did at the 76ers he still shouldn't be worth that much

It's true, Hughes will not have trade value until the deadline next season, because then he will be a $12 million expirer, and with the impending FA class, that will attract a lot of attention.

Quote:
The Bulls lack shot blocking and a true inside presence. Hunter can BLOCK, REBOUND, and consistently hit a turnaround j. 2 years on his contract.

Since when do the Bulls lack shot blocking? We have plenty of that with Noah and TT. As for size, Noah and Gray are 7-footers, and Gooden is close. If Hunter could consistently hit a turnaround J, he never would have been buried on the depth chart in Phili behind Dalembert, or in Denver behind Nene. Getting Hunter and giving up Thabo would in no way improve this team.

Quote:

I like this trade, but Sacto would never do it. They have plenty of big men, and Garcia is much better than Simmons.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:40 PM   #30
coles_brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls_Fan20
It's true, Hughes will not have trade value until the deadline next season, because then he will be a $12 million expirer, and with the impending FA class, that will attract a lot of attention.

Since when do the Bulls lack shot blocking? We have plenty of that with Noah and TT. As for size, Noah and Gray are 7-footers, and Gooden is close. If Hunter could consistently hit a turnaround J, he never would have been buried on the depth chart in Phili behind Dalembert, or in Denver behind Nene. Getting Hunter and giving up Thabo would in no way improve this team.

I like this trade, but Sacto would never do it. They have plenty of big men, and Garcia is much better than Simmons.

If the knicks will take darko and give up randolph, then somebody will take hughes if the PACKAGE IS RIGHT. (Nocioni/Hinirch/ or st with BG)

I most def think they could pull off the Garcia trade
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: