Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-04-2009, 01:16 AM   #16
Lone Laker
Serious playground baller

Lone Laker has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Manny Ramirez finally agrees to contract with Dodgers

Manny HATES Spring Training.
Lone Laker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 02:53 AM   #17
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

according to espn the report was false

Quote:
Agent Scott Boras has denied that any Manny Ramirez deal is in place with the Dodgers, and ESPN has retracted their initial report.
Sort of. Enrique Rojas, who previously said it was agreed to, is now reporting that the two sides have "finally reached some common ground in their negotiations." That's ESPN speak for "we blew it, but we're going to do our best not to admit it." It's probably only a matter of time until something does get done here, and we'll trust SI.com's Jon Heyman, the unofficial mouthpiece of Boras Corp., to have the scoop.

not a done deal.. close though i think
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 02:57 AM   #18
YAWN
NBA All-star

YAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i dont understand why he would sign for 45 million when he just rejected the 25 - 20 deal. he'll prob end up signing for like 50 for 2 years.
YAWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:13 AM   #19
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAWN
i dont understand why he would sign for 45 million when he just rejected the 25 - 20 deal. he'll prob end up signing for like 50 for 2 years.

Manny wants a long term deal worth big bucks. He was seeking a 4yr $100mil deal. He rejected the deal because it was only for 1yr. Now he is being offered 2yrs so he wants to get the most money possible. No teams are budging to give in to Manny's initial demands. Thats why he keeps rejecting deals. Boras is trying hard to get his client that money.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:58 AM   #20
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolPete
If steroids wasn't ruining baseball's image right now, guys like Manny Ramirez and Scott Boras would.

Nothing is ruining baseball's image. Those fans who go on talk radio and rail on and on about the games injustices are still showing up to the ballparks in record numbers.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 02:48 PM   #21
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3951246
Quote:
After months of back-and-forth negotiations, a meeting Wednesday between Manny Ramirez, his agents and Los Angeles Dodgers management has culminated in a deal for the slugger.

Ramirez and the Dodgers have agreed in principle on a two-year, $45 million contract, pending a physical.

According to MLB.com, $25 million of the contract is deferred over five years and Ramirez has the right to opt out of the deal after one year. According to The Associated Press, Ramirez has full no-trade protection.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 02:51 PM   #22
Gunnin4HoLeS
IsH Villain

Gunnin4HoLeS is a pretty well-respected posterGunnin4HoLeS is a pretty well-respected posterGunnin4HoLeS is a pretty well-respected poster

I hate the Dodgers!! I use to be a big fan growing up but down the line they stopped caring about winning.. This manny deal is just to bring in ticket sales and revenue . This isnt a playoff push.. I really dont see any reason to go to a game and have hope . I go only for Manny, He gets injured then I wont go..terrible franchise and the way its being led is discouraging . They lost a fan in me..
Gunnin4HoLeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 03:20 PM   #23
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnin4HoLeS
I hate the Dodgers!! I use to be a big fan growing up but down the line they stopped caring about winning.. This manny deal is just to bring in ticket sales and revenue . This isnt a playoff push.. I really dont see any reason to go to a game and have hope . I go only for Manny, He gets injured then I wont go..terrible franchise and the way its being led is discouraging . They lost a fan in me..
They are paying Manny 45 mil over 2 years to bring in ticket sales and revenue? Are you kidding? You trying to say this isnt a baseball move?
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 04:19 PM   #24
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnin4HoLeS

Without Manny, they would've had no hope this season. Them signing him is the difference between winning the division, and finishing in 2nd/3rd place. They have made some headscratching moves, but if I were you, I'd be more pissed about the money thrown away with the Juan Pierre/Andruw Jones signings.

Who else is a feared presence in that lineup?
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 04:51 PM   #25
Killbot
KillImpaleLiquefyLynch

Killbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
According to MLB.com, $25 million of the contract is deferred over five years and Ramirez has the right to opt out of the deal after one year. According to The Associated Press, Ramirez has full no-trade protection.

Most likely he will.
Killbot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 04:53 PM   #26
Gunnin4HoLeS
IsH Villain

Gunnin4HoLeS is a pretty well-respected posterGunnin4HoLeS is a pretty well-respected posterGunnin4HoLeS is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
They are paying Manny 45 mil over 2 years to bring in ticket sales and revenue? Are you kidding? You trying to say this isnt a baseball move?

Yes Manny will help this team tremendously but what is the reason they couldnt divvie up the money towards getting quality pitchers, one quality but not a Manny caliber hitter and they would be well rounded.. This is good for the Dodgers but if you would be in a Dodger fan position.. ( beleive me i was a dodger fan since i was a pup to about when I was 16) you would see that Manny is the sh,t but take him out of the lineup and the Dodgers are dead weight. Then you can see how much they committed to the team.Wheres Jeff Kents replacement.
Gunnin4HoLeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 10:47 PM   #27
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAWN

I believe the previous agreement had the money deferred over 5 years, without interest. SO he wouldnt be getting the 25 mil in the 1st year, it would be over 5 w/o interest which kinda sucks.
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 10:53 PM   #28
Lone Laker
Serious playground baller

Lone Laker has an OK reputation so far

What I find interesting is that The Dodgers had no real rivals for Manny. There were no counter offers from other teams. Collusion, anyone?
Lone Laker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 01:31 AM   #29
Boogaloo
National High School Star

Boogaloo has decent reputationBoogaloo has decent reputation

Ethier breakout year!!
Boogaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 02:08 AM   #30
YAWN
NBA All-star

YAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogaloo
Ethier breakout year!!

thatd be sweet.
YAWN is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: