Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ea Ufc 2014

Love Live Life

Default Ea Ufc 2014

http://youtu.be/ykBBqoVn61E

Demo available on June 3rd

Banned

Default Re: Ea Ufc 2014

Downloaded it this morning. From the few matches I played, it's really good. Graphics and stand-up and ground game are all great. Only thing I dont really like is the submission system. I'll probably pick it up when it releases, career mode sounds like a lot of fun.

Love Live Life

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    Downloaded it this morning. From the few matches I played, it's really good. Graphics and stand-up and ground game are all great. Only thing I dont really like is the submission system. I'll probably pick it up when it releases, career mode sounds like a lot of fun.
    Same here. Everything else is good. Movement and striking is fluid. Graphics are great. The only knock so far is the submissions.

I'm gonna pre-order it from gamestop so I can get Bruce Lee and Royce Gracie.

dammit i need a new pc

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

I can't even think of how these games can do a realistic submission system. It's a tough one. The original THQ UFC games were just button mashing or stick spinning. The first EA MMA game had that weird mini-game which totally broke all immersion.

Love Live Life

I just played the PS4 last night and I don't if its me but for some reason this version feels slower than the X1. Maybe it's just me

Home of the 16

The submission system is the tricky one. The shine system was the hardest one, but it wasn't accurate at all.

Maybe, when you're on the ground & you press L2 + move Left/Right analog - that gives you the ability to move your legs only? I don't know. The controllers aren't build for this game. If you look past the important aspects of the sport, it wouldn't be reasonable enough to just ignore it, just like the automatic dribbling in basketball game, but in this case it would be the ability to move your legs, arms, body in whichever direction you want it to move manually.

Banned

Out of all the matches I've played, I've actually gotten used to the submission system and tapped out the CPU a lot. I don't know how it'll work doing it with a different person, but hopefully it isn't much harder.

Some specialty moves like the superman punch, spinning kick etc. are way too common. Kind of annoying because you don't see them very much in UFC, but in this game, you see them every match, several times. Ground game is good. I don't see any problems there.

The main thing I wanna buy this game for is the Career Mode which includes TUF and is supposed to be great from what people who already have it said.

Love Live Life

People that have the game, how are you guys liking it?

Banned

I got this on release but haven't played it much recently, so I decided to play some today. I'm 17-2 in my Career playing on Normal and it's pretty barebones. After TUF it's the same routine of fight offer, training then match. I wish there was more to do, but it's still pretty fun.

Funnily enough, Jon Jones lost the title and is on a losing streak of five fights in a row, so he's dropped down to #8 in the LHW rankings.

Love Live Life

I got this on release but haven't played it much recently, so I decided to play some today. I'm 17-2 in my Career playing on Normal and it's pretty barebones. After TUF it's the same routine of fight offer, training then match. I wish there was more to do, but it's still pretty fun.

Funnily enough, Jon Jones lost the title and is on a losing streak of five fights in a row, so he's dropped down to #8 in the LHW rankings.
    I agree career mode is pretty dry. I'm hoping they will add more stuff on the next game.

I haven't played this game in about a month though. When I do play it's online and that made has so many spammers it's ridiculous.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall
    I agree career mode is pretty dry. I'm hoping they will add more stuff on the next game.

I haven't played this game in about a month though. When I do play it's online and that made has so many spammers it's ridiculous.
    I was having fun with it, winning most of my matches, until I ran into a guy who straight away got me into a thai clinch at the cage and was just spamming knees into my head which there was no way for me to escape from, until I was knocked out. I think they patched it but there's more problems on there and I prefer playing Career right now.

Did you finish Career?

Love Live Life

I was having fun with it, winning most of my matches, until I ran into a guy who straight away got me into a thai clinch at the cage and was just spamming knees into my head which there was no way for me to escape from, until I was knocked out. I think they patched it but there's more problems on there and I prefer playing Career right now.

Did you finish Career?
    Yeah you'll run into a few spammers in the ranked matches. I haven't seen any in the unranked matches.

I'm probably like 10 matches into the career. I kinda gave up on it cause it was boring.

Anyone got info on all fighters' rating. I'm not planning to play this game, just curious to know what they will give to Anderson after his last 2 defeats.

Love Live Life

Quote Originally Posted by Angel Face
    Anyone got info on all fighters' rating. I'm not planning to play this game, just curious to know what they will give to Anderson after his last 2 defeats.
    He's like in the high 90s. I haven't played in awhile so I don't remember the exact numbers.