Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 03-31-2012, 11:50 AM   #1
qrich
King Heno

qrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation here
Default GT: Lakers vs Hornets 3/31

Los Angeles Lakers(31-20) VS
New Orleans Hornets (13-28)

WHEN: Saturday, March 31st 2012 - 12:30 PM PT; 3:30 PM ET
WHERE: Staples Center - Los Angeles , CA
MEDIA: FSW, NBAtv

Lakers Projected Starters

| | | |
Ramon Sessions | Kobe Bryant | World Peace | Gasol | Bynum

Key Reserves
Steve Blake | Goudelock | Matt Barnes | Troy Murphy | Josh McRoberts

Injury Report
Christian Eyenga is OUT due to a lacerated toe.

Hornets Projected Starters

| | | |
Greivis Vasquez | Marco Belinelli | Al-Farouq Aminu | Carl Landry | Jason Smith

Key Reserves
Lance Thomas | Chris Johnson | Xavier Henry

Injury Report:
Gustavo Ayon is QUESTIONABLE due to birth of child.
Jarrett Jack is QUESTIONABLE due to an ankle injury.
Chris Kaman is QUESTIONABLE due to Flu-like symptoms.
Eric Gordon is QUESTIONABLE due to surgery.
Trevor Ariza is OUT due to sore ankle.
Emeka Okafor is OUT due to a sore left knee.

Lakers should win this one by at least a dozen, but the Hornets can't be overly underestimated. Hopefully Gordon makes his debut.

qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 01:34 PM   #2
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: GT: Lakers vs Hornets 3/31

Thank you Q, I miss your gamecasts.

A nice easy game for the lakers. Hopefully they can get the W without playing too hard and not burning themselves out for later harder games.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 04:23 PM   #3
kobesabi
Double Dribble Expert

kobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation here

Kobe 0/22!

Kobe needs to realize on days where he suck take less 3s.

No Ariza
No Kaman
No Okafur

and trailing...

We have more size, why not attack more on the inside? Why settle for bunch of perimeter shots? Hornet only taking 8x 3s so far...while Lakers taking 20x 3s already...man Lakers are so dumb!@#$!@#$!@#! Yet, Kobe still hogging all the balls. MVP my ass! I hope Kobe missed them all so hopefully he learn his lesson

Last edited by kobesabi : 03-31-2012 at 04:30 PM.
kobesabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 04:57 PM   #4
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

man, what was wrong with kobe's shot today?? that was terrible! Idk how he hit the GW though but I guess i will take the W. That was not pleasant to watch
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 05:13 PM   #5
kobesabi
Double Dribble Expert

kobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation here

Ugly win...what a boiling blood game
kobesabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 09:41 PM   #6
mr sax
Kids at the park dunk on me

mr sax has an OK reputation so far

It might be time to have Bynum go into some upcoming games and puncture a few more lungs. To opposing players much smaller than himself, of course.
mr sax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 10:18 PM   #7
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Never heard of any superstar shooting that poorly. I guess there's a first time for everything. Not gonna comment much about this because its going to lead into another "mike brown is a crappy coach" type of discussion. What I will ask is this, if everyone in the starting lineup shot 50% or better, what stops Kobe from passing to them?
Old 03-31-2012, 10:31 PM   #8
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Shocking, terrible and wow...all in one.
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 11:13 PM   #9
Robster89
Serious playground baller

Robster89 has decent reputationRobster89 has decent reputation

Amazing, simply amazing.
Playing at home against one of the worst teams in the NBA, minus what, 4 of their starters? (Gordon, Ariza, Landry, Kaman).
Bynum had 10 shots. Hit 7 of them.
Pau had 14.
Sessions had 8.
Kobe 3-21
I mean, I love him. He's one of the best to ever lace em up, but come on man. Pass the freaking ball. I mean if you're struggling with your shot, drive to the basket, stop launching 3's!!!!!!!
Or pass to your bigs!!!!!!
Damn!
Nice save at the end though.

Last edited by Robster89 : 03-31-2012 at 11:28 PM.
Robster89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 12:48 AM   #10
BallsOut
NBA lottery pick

BallsOut has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Never heard of any superstar shooting that poorly. I guess there's a first time for everything. Not gonna comment much about this because its going to lead into another "mike brown is a crappy coach" type of discussion. What I will ask is this, if everyone in the starting lineup shot 50% or better, what stops Kobe from passing to them?

I do think Mike Brown has played Kobe too many minutes this season. I don't think its a just a coincidence how Kobe has slowed down after the all star break, just like last season, albeit he played a lot less minutes per game last season but had to deal with his knee problems, which he doesn't have this year. I want to say the reason he's in a horrible 11 game shooting slump is due to fatigue.
BallsOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:48 AM   #11
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

magicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobesabi
Ugly win...what a boiling blood game

the lack of effort was sickening!!!!!!! Bynum didn't run down and
establish early low post offence even once.

If the team plays like that, this season is over. We will be embarrassed
in the first round no matter who it is..

magicmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:49 AM   #12
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

magicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robster89
Amazing, simply amazing.
Playing at home against one of the worst teams in the NBA, minus what, 4 of their starters? (Gordon, Ariza, Landry, Kaman).
Bynum had 10 shots. Hit 7 of them.
Pau had 14.
Sessions had 8.
Kobe 3-21

the only player who hustled at all was Pau, everyone else took a day off.
magicmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:04 AM   #13
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallsOut
I do think Mike Brown has played Kobe too many minutes this season. I don't think its a just a coincidence how Kobe has slowed down after the all star break, just like last season, albeit he played a lot less minutes per game last season but had to deal with his knee problems, which he doesn't have this year. I want to say the reason he's in a horrible 11 game shooting slump is due to fatigue.

the lakers are the only team to get one triple back to back. Also, the season is shortened by 16 games. Factor in that they get 2-3 days off before every game. I doubt fatigue is a factor. If fatigue was a factor, they dont come back to win that tiring game. Look at Bynum, he's much bigger than Kobe and he's playing great.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:11 PM   #14
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobesabi
Kobe 0/22!

Kobe needs to realize on days where he suck take less 3s.
No Ariza
No Kaman
No Okafur

and trailing...

We have more size, why not attack more on the inside? Why settle for bunch of perimeter shots? Hornet only taking 8x 3s so far...while Lakers taking 20x 3s already...man Lakers are so dumb!@#$!@#$!@#! Yet, Kobe still hogging all the balls. MVP my ass! I hope Kobe missed them all so hopefully he learn his lesson

I was in Staples when he struggled vs Utah and that was my main complaint about him. Not the high volume of shots but the quality of shots he is taking.
I have not found enough time to do a little research about this but I really believe that he is shooting waay below 40% overall when he is taking more than 5 3pt shots in games.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: