Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Phoenix Suns Forum

Phoenix Suns Forum Phoenix Suns forum - Phoenix Suns message board

Old 06-26-2007, 04:50 PM   #1
PhxFanAtBirth
High School JV MVP

Default Draft

So with the Draft less than 2 days away, what is everybody's opinions on how or if we should try to move up in the draft? I mean considering how incredibly deep this draft is what do we have to give up and what is worth it to us? To move up it's a guarantee that we would have to give up the 24th and 29th picks but what else? To break the top 12 you could maybe toss in that 1st round unprotected Atlanta pick next year.

Now hear me out on this just for something to discuss, Do you toss Marion and Banks and then break the top 7? with the ability to draft a guy like Joakim Noah, Corey Brewer, Al Thornton, Jeff Green, Julian Wright? So after you've drafted one of these players you can then make an offer on either some veteren role players or maybe even a guy like Chauncey Billups, You'd have the cap space after unloading Marion and Banks' contracts.

Just give me your thoughts.
PhxFanAtBirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 11:24 AM   #2
BigAl
High School JV MVP

Default Re: Draft

Billups? You are joking right? You have a 2-time MVP PG! Billups will not come off the bench for ANY team.

You won't need top 7 to get Thornton or Wright. Personally I would rather have Marion than Joakim Noah, Corey Brewer, Al Thornton, Jeff Green, and Julian Wright anyway.
BigAl is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: