Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 12-14-2009, 11:25 PM   #1
Cork5
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Cork5 has an OK reputation so far
Default Over Pronation of Feet

Hi Guys. My feet lean in real bad when i walk, its called over pronation or something like that. If i train for too long, like at a camp, I get sore lower shins. I was wondering if anyone else has got this, whether I need to do anything about it, any long term effects and if it affects your vert jump or anything like that?

Thanks
Cork5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 12:37 AM   #2
Junny
I air my balls

Junny has decent reputation
Default Re: Over Pronation of Feet

This sounds like something you need to get an expert to handle
Junny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 01:28 AM   #3
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

You mean you're pigeon toed?

They have shoes / leg braces you can wear I think. RUN! Forrest! RUN!

Unless it's severe, just learn to deal with it. Try to wear shoes and inserts that provide balanced support for your ankles.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 07:34 PM   #4
Cork5

nah pidgeon toed is when your toes point in. Over pronation is when you lean heavily on your arches.
Old 12-16-2009, 03:38 AM   #5
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation

Maybe you should strengthen your shins. Heel walks? It's when you walk normally but then when your feet make contact, only your heels are supposed to touch the ground. I did it in my therapy for my sprain to kind of strengthen the muscles in the shin area. Try going to a doctor first, though.
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 01:28 AM   #6
lespauldude

lespauldude has an OK reputation so far

i was going through this really recently. i tried a lot of things from taping my archs, to wearing higher arched soles, to compression socks. nothing worked excepted taking a long 2 week break from basketball. during that period, i made sure to walk a lot and take a few jogs. during my jogs, i'd make sure to stop soon after i felt some pain forming. after i knew i could run for a good mile without pain, i started playing again.

good luck! shin splints suck
lespauldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 06:35 PM   #7
Cork5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lespauldude
i was going through this really recently. i tried a lot of things from taping my archs, to wearing higher arched soles, to compression socks. nothing worked excepted taking a long 2 week break from basketball. during that period, i made sure to walk a lot and take a few jogs. during my jogs, i'd make sure to stop soon after i felt some pain forming. after i knew i could run for a good mile without pain, i started playing again.

good luck! shin splints suck

Did it affect your vertical when they were sore?
Old 01-03-2010, 10:10 PM   #8
Kumo
ISH Jump Crew

Kumo is considered somewhat coolKumo is considered somewhat coolKumo is considered somewhat cool

I screwed my knees bad with this. It still affects me, but not too bad.

I went to a running store, and they checked out my feet and how I walked/ran, and then set me up with some shoes to help. I don't wear them a lot anymore, but I think they helped. My doctor also told me to do weight lifting to try and get my knees stronger or some ****... I dunno...
Kumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 10:01 PM   #9
Permodius
I airball my layups

Permodius has an OK reputation so far

I think this might affect the vertical. If being flat-flooted does, then why not this?
Permodius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 10:26 PM   #10
Cork5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Permodius
I think this might affect the vertical. If being flat-flooted does, then why not this?

how does flat feet affect vertical? More or less? Why?
Old 01-16-2010, 02:11 PM   #11
ABPrints
Kids at the park dunk on me

ABPrints has an OK reputation so far

Go see a podiatrist, or does your school have an Athletic Trainer, or access to a Physical Therapist? The best bet is probably going to be orthotics to fixt he ankle, but will need to be done gradually or it will just create more problems. Also, the professional should be a ble to suggest exercises to strengthen one side and lengthen the other side. There may be muscle density issues as well where massage is indicated. In the end, find a health professional otehr than a MD or DO. They will jsut refer you anyhow.
ABPrints is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: