Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: 2011 Playoffs second round preview of Thunder vs Grizzlies

I'm so glad this series is gonna happen. Arguably the two most exciting young teams in the league going at each other, both full of confidence and both with the potential to win the series. If only Gay were healthy this would be a stellar match up at every position 1-5.

I don't really care who wins as long as it's an entertaining series but my heart says Grizzlies in 6 or 7 and my head says OKC in 5 or 6.

Last time an 8 seed bumped a 1 seed, they lost 4-1 in the second round but frankly I don't think you can draw parallels between the Warriors and the Grizzlies. The Grizzlies are a more complete team and also OKC is shit ton better than that Jazz team.

Power32 (OJ Mayo) O.J A 6'4Mamba's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
    Should be a really close tough series. No way is this series going to be finished in less than 6 games, so we may as well just all sit back and enjoy.

The only thing I'm worried about is OKC's talent and amount of scorers they have. Whereas Memphis have a bunch of defensive minded guys, but really, without Rudy Gay, only one true scorer, that being Randolph.

Without Rudy, other guys are really going to have step up this series. No longer can OJ be the little ***** he has been all f*cking season, he needs to step and do something, anything.

If Memphis can keep the scoring low and get the ball in to the paint to Gasol and Randolph, then it won't be as hard.

Realistically, I'd go with Thunder in 6.
    stop talking sh** b***. You can't contribute if you ain't getting playing time, and when you do get playing time not seeing the ball.

I am Chris Wilcox

Quote Originally Posted by O.J A 6'4Mamba
    stop talking sh** b***. You can't contribute if you ain't getting playing time, and when you do get playing time not seeing the ball.
    Oh will you, just for once, stop talking out of your arse.

The reason he isn't getting playing time, is because he's not producing. Even with Rudy out, he still hasn't done a damn thing.

What did he contribute to the Spurs series? Go on, I have all day to wait, I'm sure you can think of something.

I am the First Officer ImmortalNemesis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KDthunderup
    Do people forget that the Thunder had one of the softest front courts in the league with Green and Krstic?
    Oh plz. At this point is pretty clear that Perkins' man to man defense was overrated. Nene made Perkins his b*tch. Randolph will make Ibaka his ***** and Gasol will outplay perkins. not saying okc will win, but Memphis front court > okc's front court. memphis will lose because they lack perimeter scoring.

Banned

Why so sure Ibaka will matchup with Zbo n perk with Marc?

National High School Star KDthunderup's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalNemesis
    Oh plz. At this point is pretty clear that Perkins' man to man defense was overrated. Nene made Perkins his b*tch. Randolph will make Ibaka his ***** and Gasol will outplay perkins. not saying okc will win, but Memphis front court > okc's front court. memphis will lose because they lack perimeter scoring.
    Nene apart from game 1 had a quiet series. Im not trying to say that our frontcourt is better then Memphis's, though our defense is alot better now then what it use to be

Great college starter 50inchvertical's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalNemesis
    Nene is a borderline all star caliber inside player, he scores on EVERYONE. Nobody thought Perkins was going to hold him to 0 pts, however, Perkins DID hold him to 9 points in game 5 and end of the day, Ibaka made Perkins his *****.

As for their frontcourt, it's tough. I think we should start with Perk on Randolph and Ibaka on Gasol. Randolph pump fakes too much and Serge tends to bite on those.

Tony Allen though, he is going to shut down KD. We'll need Russ to get out of whatever the hell he has been in the last 2 games to make up for that.

Blue Alliance OKC Capt PBJ_Time's Avatar

I think this one goes the distance. After a hard fought series, Thunder in 7.

Why does the series start today after Grizzlies just finished a game last night? Scheduling is weird.

Thank you Based Presti OKCThunderUP's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Why does the series start today after Grizzlies just finished a game last night? Scheduling is weird.
    Huh? Game 1 is tomorrow.

Local High School Star Ol Dirty Bastard's Avatar

Hoping this goes to 7, going to be an entertaining series.

feel bad for Rudy Gay though, dude deserves to be playing on this great playoff run

Quote Originally Posted by OKCThunderUP
    Huh? Game 1 is tomorrow.
    You're right, when I went to espn.com/nba and looked up "scores" it had the game preview at 1pm. but I didnt realize the "date" qwas set to sunday. Assumed today. Thats cool, no games today tho. Can watch baseball and draft.

Quote Originally Posted by 50inchvertical
    Nene is a borderline all star caliber inside player, he scores on EVERYONE. Nobody thought Perkins was going to hold him to 0 pts, however, Perkins DID hold him to 9 points in game 5 and end of the day, Ibaka made Perkins his *****.

As for their frontcourt, it's tough. I think we should start with Perk on Randolph and Ibaka on Gasol. Randolph pump fakes too much and Serge tends to bite on those.

Tony Allen though, he is going to shut down KD. We'll need Russ to get out of whatever the hell he has been in the last 2 games to make up for that.
    TA's defense has gotten better in the post season somehow, but I'd rather see him on Russy than Durant. Because he can probably mess with Durant for awhile, but KD will figure him out. If I were Hollins I'd do this...
    Let Young defend him till battier comes in, then Battier straight up unless he gets burned, if he does rotate him and TA. then keep Young/Battier on him till the fourth and unleash TA on him then. I think Conley and him on Russy should be enough to hold him to essentially....nothing.

Sorta like how the Suns kept the Nash/STAT pick and roll pretty hidden until the 4th last year.

Saw a basketball once

I kno I said Memphis in 7...but now that I had a good night sleep...I'm so torn... just because I have a very good friend who is like a little brother to me (OJ Mayo) and a cousin who is an assistant coach for OKC (Maurice Cheeks) I just don't kno who to go for now! Grr!

Serious playground baller ThunderKat's Avatar

Should be a good series! If Westbrook and Harden step up it could be over quick. The key will be shutting down Z-Bo and Gasol.