Page 129 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2979119126127128129130 LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 1937

Default Re: 2012/13 Observation Deck

Theus gets his second recruit

6'5 Ben Vozzolla from Cowel County Community in Kansas. 39% from behind the arc and chose CSUN over Grand Canyon, Wright State & Evansville

And for the 5th time in 8 Years UNC will be playing a road game in the ACC/Big 10 Challenge. And, surprise, surprise...we're playing Michigan State.

http://btn.com/2013/05/08/get-2013-a...enge-matchups/

And hey, looky there...Duke gets to play Michigan, at Duke. They should be required to play on the road in the ACC/Big 10 Challenge every year since they don't schedule any other true road games against legit teams.

Amir Garrett from St John's coming to CSUN. Was a 4-star and top 100 Recruit

Keeping Hicks, signing Parks, getting Ben Vozzolla.

Love what Theus is doing so far.
    Last edited by qrich; 05-08-2013 at 09:29 PM.

Jamie Dixon not only got a 10 year extension but he got a $600k raise. That combined with all the offseason mess that Pitt has dealt with as far as transfers has me feel super negative about Pitt Basketball. Next season could be bad.

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    And for the 5th time in 8 Years UNC will be playing a road game in the ACC/Big 10 Challenge. And, surprise, surprise...we're playing Michigan State.

http://btn.com/2013/05/08/get-2013-a...enge-matchups/

And hey, looky there...Duke gets to play Michigan, at Duke. They should be required to play on the road in the ACC/Big 10 Challenge every year since they don't schedule any other true road games against legit teams.
    IMHO, I think a potential upset at Cameron draws a larger audience.

As for MSU v. UNC, tough draw for UNC. Always a great matchup, a real clash of styles.

Yeah, Roy has already put together a killer 2014 class. May be his best since the 2006 class with Lawson, Ellington, and Wright as the headliners. Granted, these kids are still two years away from stepping on campus and could drop or not develop much between now and then, so that's obviously subject to change.
    Last edited by KG215; 05-22-2013 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    Yeah, Roy has already put together a killer 2014 class. May be his best since the 2006 class with Lawson, Ellington, and Wright as the headliners. Granted, these kids are still two years away from stepping on campus and could drop or not develop much between now and then, so that's obviously subject to change.
    Jackson, Berry and now Pinson, that's already pretty nice. Vaughn and Winslow are probably out, at the very least one of them.

However, I think this does makes them huge contenders for Okafor.

Okafor isn't happening. I will be all the money I find in my pockets that Okafor won't come to UNC.

Unfortunately, it really sounds like he and Tyus Jones are an actual package deal (which is rare amongst top recruits) and duke is the leader. I pray they end up at Michigan State if that's true. Or even better, split them up.

Winslow wasn't going to happen either. He isn't much of a fit anyway after Jackson committed. Winslow is a sure w/f in college and UNC needed a 2 guard. Pinson is pretty close to a w/f as well, but at least he has some 2 guard skills. And the 2 and 3 are pretty much interchangeable in Roy's system so it's based on who you can guard, and Pinson might be the best defensive wing in high school now that Wiggins graduated.

Conflicting reports on Vaughn. Some connected say he's still in play, while others say it has become increasingly doubtful after he almost committed during the duke game visit. PT wise speaking, UNC has enough PT for another elite wing recruit since we would only have 3 wings on the roster that season, as the current roster stands, and assuming PJ goes pro after this upcoming season.

However, Roy recently told a recruit (Ahmed Hill) that he wants two more wings in the class. ..Now one more with Pinson committing since.. So right now it's between Rashad Vaughn, Devin Booker, D'Angelo Russell, and possibly Ahmed Hill. Trevor Lacey, the Bama transfer, very likely won't happen. We can't even get the kid on campus.

...Or it might be someone else on the circuit that hasn't emerged yet, since a few times in the last couple classes UNC has missed on all of their top targets and had to settle. Settling (terrible word choice, I know) for Brice Johnson and Joel James, for example, after missing on TJ Warren, Mitch McGary, Alex Murphy, Cameron Ridley, Kaleb Tarczewski, and Adam Woodbury. Yep, every single one of them... Roy made the mistake of putting on his eggs on Ridley's basket and then it trickled down. That's why in this 2014 class, he has used the shot gun approach on the wings with offers to the guys I mentioned above. Thus far, it has worked.

Quote Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory
    Okafor isn't happening. I will be all the money I find in my pockets that Okafor won't come to UNC.

Unfortunately, it really sounds like he and Tyus Jones are an actual package deal (which is rare amongst top recruits) and duke is the leader. I pray they end up at Michigan State if that's true. Or even better, split them up.

Winslow wasn't going to happen either. He isn't much of a fit anyway after Jackson committed. Winslow is a sure w/f in college and UNC needed a 2 guard. Pinson is pretty close to a w/f as well, but at least he has some 2 guard skills. And the 2 and 3 are pretty much interchangeable in Roy's system so it's based on who you can guard, and Pinson might be the best defensive wing in high school now that Wiggins graduated.

Conflicting reports on Vaughn. Some connected say he's still in play, while others say it has become increasingly doubtful after he almost committed during the duke game visit. PT wise speaking, UNC has enough PT for another elite wing recruit since we would only have 3 wings on the roster that season, as the current roster stands, and assuming PJ goes pro after this upcoming season.

However, Roy recently told a recruit (Ahmed Hill) that he wants two more wings in the class. ..Now one more with Pinson committing since.. So right now it's between Rashad Vaughn, Devin Booker, D'Angelo Russell, and possibly Ahmed Hill. Trevor Lacey, the Bama transfer, very likely won't happen. We can't even get the kid on campus.

...Or it might be someone else on the circuit that hasn't emerged yet, since a few times in the last couple classes UNC has missed on all of their top targets and had to settle. Settling (terrible word choice, I know) for Brice Johnson and Joel James, for example, after missing on TJ Warren, Mitch McGary, Alex Murphy, Cameron Ridley, Kaleb Tarczewski, and Adam Woodbury. Yep, every single one of them... Roy made the mistake of putting on his eggs on Ridley's basket and then it trickled down. That's why in this 2014 class, he has used the shot gun approach on the wings with offers to the guys I mentioned above. Thus far, it has worked.
    As an MSU fan, I have been silently hoping they becoming Spartans. However, I heard the same thing about Wiggins/Rathan-Mayes a year ago, but that talk gradually died down. I think once the visits start and the coaches have more access to players, then we will see how the dust will settle. I think it's too early to have any idea of where Okafor will go for sure.

As for Vaughn, everyone and their mama is after this guy, so it will take him a while for him to narrow down the choices. I don't see him under 5 choices until the season starts. A lot can change by then.

Quote Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory

They are a definite package deal... Duke or KU, prolly Duke tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgz V2
    As an MSU fan, I have been silently hoping they becoming Spartans. However, I heard the same thing about Wiggins/Rathan-Mayes a year ago, but that talk gradually died down. I think once the visits start and the coaches have more access to players, then we will see how the dust will settle. I think it's too early to have any idea of where Okafor will go for sure.

As for Vaughn, everyone and their mama is after this guy, so it will take him a while for him to narrow down the choices. I don't see him under 5 choices until the season starts. A lot can change by then.

Vaughn is pretty much a Minnesota/UK guy from what I hear. Supposedly almost commited to UNC recently, but I assume Pinson eliminates them as a choice.

Russel Wilson = GOAT Johnny Jones's Avatar

Keith Hornsby, son of Bruce Hornsby, just committed to LSU.

Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles UConnCeltics's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Goliath Uterus
    They are a definite package deal... Duke or KU, prolly Duke tho.
    Duke I think.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...-first-workout

Andrew Wiggins arrived at Kansas on Saturday and participated in his first practice Monday. I asked somebody close to the KU program how that practice went.

"Wow!" the source said. "Like watching a video game. He'd be the No. 1 pick this year."

OK, then.

And, remember, this is the same KU that just had Ben McLemore, a prospect so talented he could go No. 1 in next week's NBA Draft. But not if Wiggins was in it. Because this 6-foot-7 wing is apparently operating at a different level, and that's precisely why he should be a preseason First Team All-American and the top pick in the 2014 NBA Draft.

Simply put, Wiggins isn't a media-created sensation.

He really is a unique talent.

And now his first college workout is in the books.
    Let the hype begin.