Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 08-29-2011, 08:12 PM   #1
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Preseason Top 10

1. North Carolina

Key returnees: Harrison Barnes, John Henson, Tyler Zeller, Kendall Marshall, Dexter Strickland
Key newcomers: James McAdoo, PJ Hairston
Projected starting lineup: Marshall, Bullock, Barnes, Henson, Zeller

2. Kentucky

Key returnees: Terence Jones, Doron Lamb, Darius Miller
Key newcomers: Marquis Teague, Michael Gilchrist, Kyle Wiltjer, Anthony Davis
Projected starting lineup: Teague, Lamb, Gilchrist, Jones, Davis

3. Connecticut

Key returnees: Shabazz Napier, Roscoe Smith, Jeremy Lamb, Niels Giffey, Alex Oriakhi
Key newcomers: DeAndre Daniels, Ryan Boatright, Andre Drummond
Projected starting lineup: Napier, Lamb, Smith, Oriakhi, Drummond

4. Duke

Key returnees: Mason Plumlee, Miles Plumlee, Ryan Kelly, Andre Dawkins, Tyler Thornton
Key newcomers: Austin Rivers, Quinn Cook, Marshall Plumlee, Alex Murphy
Projected starting lineup: Cook, Dawkins, Rivers, Kelly, Mason Plumlee

5. Ohio State

Key returnees: Aaron Craft, Jared Sullinger, Will Buford, Deshaun Thomas
Key newcomers: Shannon Scott, Amir Williams, Sam Thompson
Projected starting lineup: Craft, Buford, Thomas, Sullinger, Williams

6. Syracuse

Key returnees: Scoop Jardine, Fab Melo, Baya Moussa-Keita, Kris Joseph, Brandon Triche, Dion Waiters
Key newcomers: Rakeem Christmas, Michael Carter-Williams, Trevor Cooney
Projected starting lineup: Jardine, Triche, Joseph, Christmas, Melo

7. Pittsburgh

Key returnees: Ashton Gibbs, Dante Taylor, Travon Woodall, Nasir Robinson, Talib Zanna
Key newcomers: Khem Birch, Malcom Gilbert
Projected starting lineup: Woodall, Gibbs, Robinson, Taylor, Birch

8. UCLA

Key returnees: Reeves Nelson, Josh Smith, Momo Jones, Tyler Lamb, Anthony Stover
Key newcomers: Norman Powell
Projected starting lineup: Jones, Anderson, Lamb, Nelson, Smith

9. Louisville

Key returnees: Mike Marra, Gorgui Dieng, Rakeem Buckles, Peyton Siva, Kyle Kuric, Chris Smith
Key newcomers: Chane Behanan, Wayne Blackshear, Zach Price
Projected starting lineup: Siva, Kuric, Blackshear, Behanan, Dieng

10. Kansas

Key returnees: Elijah Johnson, Thomas Robinson, Tyshawn Taylor, Jeff Withey, Travis Releford
Key newcomers: Ben McLemore
Projected starting lineup: Taylor, Johnson, Releford, Robinson, Withey

Just missed the cut: Villanova, Baylor

I think it's going to be a down year for the Big 10.

Share yours.

Last edited by Grinder : 08-29-2011 at 11:17 PM.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 04:13 AM   #2
ukfan22
Great young streetballer

ukfan22 has decent reputation
Default Re: Preseason Top 10

1. UNC
2. UK
3. UConn
4. OSU
5. Vandy
6. Syracuse
7. Louisville
8. Duke
9. Pitt
10. Florida
ukfan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 10:28 AM   #3
JellyBean
College superstar

JellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation here

#3. I can live with that. I can't wait until the season starts!!!
JellyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 10:50 AM   #4
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm a Syracuse fan, and as such don't care for UConn, but unlike any other sport, I find I have an allegiance to the conference, and I root for the conference in the big tournament even though they may be mortal enemies during the year (I think it's an outspring of my going to the Big East Tournament for 20+ years).

Anyway, I really look forward to seeing UConn play this year. Drummond looks like an absolute beast. And I really like Lamb. My hope is that they can play a more mobile offense this year, as opposed to last year where it was so reliant on Kemba, and my fear is that Napier feels like he can just step into that role and take all the bad shots he wants. But with that front line, they should really be playing inside out this year. I don't have a ton of confidence in Calhoun as an offensive coach. He's a great recruiter, in that he has a better eye for talent than most, he's better at finding underrated prospects than anyone. And he's a great defensive coach, his 2-2-1 press is diverse in looks, and controls tempo, and is one of the most unique things in basketball. And he's a great motivator, his teams always play hard. But whenever his teams elevate to genuine championship contender, it doesn't seem to be a coincidence that it's when he's got a big time creator on the floor with the ball, like Kemba, or Khalid. Because he just doesn't seem to be able to generate offense on his own. He needs a player to do it for him.

I have every intention of going to see Drummond play a game this year at St. T's.
Thorpesaurous is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 11:10 AM   #5
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukfan22
1. UNC
2. UK
3. UConn
4. OSU
5. Vandy
6. Syracuse
7. Louisville
8. Duke
9. Pitt
10. Florida

Totally forgot about Vandy. They look really tough this year, especially if Jeff Taylor can play up to expectations.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 01:07 PM   #6
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

One little thing on UNC, as far as I know Dexter Strickland will still be the starting SG and back-up PG. I haven't read or heard anything about Bullock starting in his place. Bullock has a much higher ceiling and a lot of potential (and he's a future NBA player) but he missed most of last season, Dexter came on VERY strong towards the end of the year, and Roy is usually pretty "set in his ways" when it comes to things like that.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 03:55 PM   #7
chips93
Very good NBA starter

chips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

1. north carolina - best front court in the nation, not too reliant on freshmen, great depth, only question is shooting guard. barnes could easily be player of the year.

2. kentucky - top recruiting class, calipari's best yet, and that says something, to join terrence jones, darius miller, and doron lamb. anthony joesn could be no.1 overall pick, a ton of talent on their roster. its their inexperience that puts them behind north carolina, not a lack of raw talent

3. ohio state - sullinger is for my money, the best player in the country, hes surrounded by solid player in buford and craft, as well as deshaun thomas who scored well when he played last year.

4. uconn - if drummond plays as well as others think, uconn could be special, i dont think he will dominate tho, too many lackluster games in hs, and a lack of intensity will be exposed in college, he'll still be very good though. returning napier, oriakhi, and lamb who gained a lot of experience

5. vandy - great trio of jeff taylor, festus ezuli, and john jenkins, nice experienced team.

6. duke - good backcourt depth, but lacking an experienced true point guard. rivers could be great, but we'll have to wait and see what kind of freedom coach k gives him. the plumlees and ryan kelly form a long front court. if mason plumlee or ryan kelly live up to thier potential duke could be a real contender

7. syracuse - nice well-rounded experienced team, featuring kris joseph, a good true pg in jardine, and brandon triche. dione waiters could be a great scorer if he fulfills his potential

8. florida - nice experienced backcourt with irving and boyton, with 5 star recruit beal joining them. i think beal could be a really good player, no real holes in his game, smooth and under control is how he plays. if patric young can control the paint this team could be dangerous, a lot on his shoulders though, with their thin frontcourt

9. pitt - experienced and solid, gibbs should be one of the best scorers in the country next year

10. louisville - well rounded team with two blue chip recruits in behanan and blackshear
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 04:57 PM   #8
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

UConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Villanova won't be top 10 in the Big East, never mind the country. I don't get why they are on your just missed list. Yes, Kansas is talented. But way too many question marks to call them a top 10 team this early. Anyways mine is:

UNC
UK
OSU
UConn
Syracuse
Duke
Louisville
Arizona
Florida
Vanderbilt
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 05:35 PM   #9
ukfan22
Great young streetballer

I think people are really underrating Vandy. I really think they are just barely behind UNC/UK/UConn. They have everything you need.
Old 08-30-2011, 11:07 PM   #10
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukfan22
I think people are really underrating Vandy. I really think they are just barely behind UNC/UK/UConn. They have everything you need.

They're "Big Three" is legit but do they have the 3-8 to be considered on the same level as UNC, Kentucky, UConn and Ohio State?

I do think Vandy is a top 5-7 team, though.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 12:43 AM   #11
ukfan22
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
They're "Big Three" is legit but do they have the 3-8 to be considered on the same level as UNC, Kentucky, UConn and Ohio State?

I do think Vandy is a top 5-7 team, though.

I think guys like Tinsley, Tchiengang, Golbourne, Odom and Walker are all good enough to be the supporting cast on a F4 team. Plus they add two 4 star recruits, one of whom was a McD's AA.

I would not be surprised at all to see Vandy beat any of those teams on any given night.
Old 09-01-2011, 08:42 AM   #12
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Wear twins are also key newcomers for the Bruins
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 04:01 PM   #13
bballer
King of ISH

bballer has decent reputationbballer has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
Wear twins are also key newcomers for the Bruins
lmao.
bballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 05:28 PM   #14
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Pitt shoudl start out unranked to acknowledge that we will just choke again in the tournament.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: