Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I rule the local playground darius15's Avatar

Default Beats By Dr. Dre headphones

I wanna buy a pair of these. They got really great reviews,and they look sick. I was wondering if any of you ISH people have used these before and can give me your experience with them?

http://www.beatsbydre.com/

I saw Kobe rocking these too , except they were in a special Lakers edition. I'm pretty sure Lebron wears them too.

Default Re: Beats By Dr. Dre headphones

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvphUZ1bu28

The whole Cavs rock these headphones!

I'd love a pair, but I think I'll need to wait for the price to come down. Also are they available in Europe? I haven't even looked.

Quote Originally Posted by ukballer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvphUZ1bu28

The whole Cavs rock these headphones!

I'd love a pair, but I think I'll need to wait for the price to come down. Also are they available in Europe? I haven't even looked.
    That was pretty cool of Lebron. I'm not sure if they're available in Europe or not, their website will probably tell you.

they are pointless to have if you are only using them to listen to your ipod. Your ipod will not get the same use out of them. They are to be used by producers, becuase their quality and ability to pick up every sound clearly. Unless you have $250 to blow on headphones..like kobe..you can get a pair that will be just as good at a much lower price. That is of course if you are only listening to your ipod.

Quote Originally Posted by 1manfastbreak
    they are pointless to have if you are only using them to listen to your ipod. Your ipod will not get the same use out of them. They are to be used by producers, becuase their quality and ability to pick up every sound clearly. Unless you have $250 to blow on headphones..like kobe..you can get a pair that will be just as good at a much lower price. That is of course if you are only listening to your ipod.
    They say it can be used for both studio purposes and just everyday listening.

Have you used a pair before? If you did, tell me how it is please.

Not airballing my layups anymore LOGoods7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darius15

They had them for a demo at Best Buy..they were really good...the sound was so deep and they were pretty comfortable

I want a pair, but I would probably never drop that much money for just headphones.

Almost bought a pair . . .

Then I put them on.

MUCH happier with my Bose QC2's

Quote Originally Posted by darius15

yea i have used them before, a buddy of mine has a pair, he makes beats. They are dope ass headphones don't get me wrong. You can't go wrong with them.

Hustle Loyalty Respect Knicks101's Avatar

Lol @ paying $300 for some headphones.

I rule the local playground JG000's Avatar

I wanted to get these when they came out, just can't afford them.

Best Buy had a payment plan option that I considered but I didn't think it was worth it

Most headphones in the $60-$80 range do the just just fine, and they are a fraction of the price

they are really nice, i dont have one, but i have used it multiple times... even though they are beasts, its really not worth 300 or 250... you could probably get the same quality with a bose brand at around 150....

Decent college freshman tian820's Avatar

My friend got a pair. He said they were sick. My advice: find a friend who can get you a retail store discount (from like working at Best Buy or somewhere else). They're like half the normal price that way

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

I'm sure they sound good, but how 'good' are they really?

Because I'm not convinced by the artists that are shown wearing them. Just because Kobe and Bron wears them it doesn't make them good. Because Diddy and Wayne wears them it doesn't make it so either.

The reviews from Time and the others aren't that convincing either.

I wanna see reviews from ENGINEERS and sound experts, not ****in rappers. I wanna see reviews from Mix magazine, and endorsements from Alan Parsons, Roger Nichols, Tom Dowd, Geoff Emerick etc.etc.

I'm not saying they don't exist, I just wish they'd tout them if they did. I could care less what Soulja Boy thinks about dynamics.

Quote Originally Posted by 1manfastbreak
    Which is why I laugh when I see NBA players wearing them listening to iPods.

Banned

If you buy them you definitely have too much cash. They're apparently good headphones but 400$? You can almost buy professional monitors with that kind of money. If you are willing to pay $$$ for a pair of headphones because they have Dre's name on them, go ahead I guess.