Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: I lost respect for wilt's 100 point game

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    i remember hearing they had the rule changed during that season he scored 100

honestly... theres no way a sub 50% free throw shooter is gonna hit 90+% free throws in a game when hes taking more than 30

dont you think its convenient it was untelevised?
    It was the early 60's. Regular season NBA games were rarely televised.

It's incredible. You keep typing and it keeps adding less to the discussion.

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

Of course he took a lot of shots and his teammates fed him the ball..it's 100 points by one person..what do you expect. There are only so many minutes and possessions in a game. Wilt had plenty of other high scoring games. The 100 point game wasn't even the game that he rated as his best.

Dunking on everybody in the park magictricked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    dont you think its convenient it was untelevised?

That is possibly the most ignorant statement I've ever read on the internet.

Congrats you're right there with the idiot who strapped a JATO to his Impala

NBA lottery pick

Wilt is like the Pele of soccer.

They wouldn't last in today's game.

Decent playground baller

I think it's convenient they never televised the first basketball game, probably because Naismith never invented it, it was Hitler in fact who invented the sport to prove the supremacy of the Aryan race, then the Americans stole it along with some V2 missiles and German scientists and said yeah a Canadian invented it 50 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by coin24
    I think jlauber gets notified when anybody makes a post about wilt anywhere on the net..

No hate on jlauber, but I think you're right

Quote Originally Posted by jongib369
    Just to be fair the other team started doing everything they could to stop him from scoring that much, they were freezing the ball and fouling his teammates so he couldn't score either....He was averaging 50 PPG so it was beyond 50 that they started doing this...Wilt Himself said that he didn't like how the game was being played on both sides. It was a dash at the end but not a dash from 50...I could say a lot more but I think jlauber will say plenty lmao (not dissing him I love the depth he goes into to be honest)

Crazy stats he told me

Chamberlain also had a 73 point game on 29-43 shooting, a 68 point game on 30-40 shooting, and a 66 point game on 29-35 (yes ... .829 shooting!) He also had a 43 point game on 18-18 shooting....Idk if its the same 73 point game but he scored 73 points and got 36 rebounds against a HOF player Walt bellamy

Yeah, I was about to say something similar, that I remember reading how the Knicks tried to stop him from scoring. It was a while back, so I don't remember anything specific of what I read, but the image that I get is that of a fight.

Decent playground baller

what deserves my applause and hats off is that after 4 pages none brought up Kobe's 81 pts game. Nice!

On topic, 100 pts in a game its an amazing achievement. Sports existed before TV and internet, you know.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by jlauber
    Well, did you reseach Bird's 60 point game? Or Shaq's 61 point game? Or Robinson's 71 point game?
    Those guys aren't chokers like Wilt.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by kurple
    you are borderline retarded if you didnt know this before googling it

it's impossible to score 100, if your teammates doesnt help you
    There is a difference between teammates helping you and literally refusing to shoot. I read from an opposing team members review of the game, that at one point they had all 5 guys surrounding wilt.

Tell me have you ever saw a player quintupled? And even worse could you imagine a scene where 4 guys have no one on them but yet is still trying to get the ball to the 1 who has 5 players guarding him?
    Last edited by INDI; 08-28-2012 at 09:07 AM.

Good High School Starter Mach_3's Avatar

"Good game now let's go get some of those 20,000 b1tches you got layin around"