Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops



Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2012, 02:29 AM   #1
Patrick Chewing
VOTE BREXIT
 
Patrick Chewing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Where The Slime Live
Posts: 20,677
Default Definitive Proof of Extraterrestrials??

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...78P4LK20110926

Quote:
Mayan film documentary claims proof of aliens


By Steve Pond

Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:33pm EDT

LOS ANGELES (TheWrap.com) -A new documentary about Mayan civilization will provide evidence of extraterrestrial contact with the ancient culture, according to a Mexican government official and the film's producer.

"Revelations of the Mayans 2012 and Beyond," currently in production, will claim the Mayans had contact with extraterrestrials, producer Raul Julia-Levy revealed to TheWrap.

"Mexico will release codices, artifacts and significant documents with evidence of Mayan and extraterrestrial contact, and all of their information will be corroborated by archaeologists," said Julia-Levy, son of actor Raul Julia.

In a release to TheWrap, Luis Augusto Garcia Rosado, the minister of tourism for the Mexican state of Campeche, said new evidence has emerged "of contact between the Mayans and extraterrestrials, supported by translations of certain codices, which the government has kept secure in underground vaults for some time."

He also spoke, in a phone conversation, of "landing pads in the jungle that are 3,000 years old."

Raul-Julia claims there is proof that the Mayans had intended to lead the planet for thousands of years, but were forced to escape after an invasion by "men of dark intentions," leaving behind evidence of an advanced race.

"The Mexican government is not making this statement on their own -- everything we say, we're going to back it up," he said.

The film will be directed by Juan Carlos Rulfo, who won the Humanitas Prize for "Those Who Remain" in 2009 and the Sundance Grand Jury Prize for International Documentary for "In the Pit" in 2006. Juan Diego Rodriguez Gonzalez will serve as the Guatemalan executive producer, and Eduardo Vertiz as the Mexican executive producer.

And yes, they expect people to take this seriously, because the messages he plans to impart are crucial to human survival, Julia-Levy insisted.

When Julia-Levy, producer Ed Elbert and co-producer Sheila McCarthy announced the Mexican cooperation with their documentary to TheWrap in August, they were circumspect about claims of alien contact, with Julia-Levy admitting he'd been ordered not to say anything about it.

Also for that article, Rosado brushed off a question about alien contact and said his country was simply offering the filmmakers' access to previously unexplored sections of a Mayan site at Calakmul.

Now, not only has Rosado changed his tune, but the Guatemalan government has joined the project, as well, giving access to artifacts and newly discovered prophecies

While the Guatemalan government is not offering information about aliens, it has joined Mexico in supporting the project. "Guatemala, like Mexico, home to the ancient yet advanced Mayan civilization ... has also kept certain provocative archeological discoveries classified, and now believes that it is time to bring forth this information in the new documentary," Guatemala's minister of tourism, Guillermo Novielli Quezada, said in a statement.

He said the country was working with filmmakers "for the good of mankind."

Raul-Julia claims that the order to cooperate came directly from the country's president, Alvaro Colom Caballero.

Guatemala is the site of a large number of pre-Columbian Mayan settlements in the Mirador Basin, including the extensive and highly organized city of El Mirador

In a curious aspect of the new announcement: Guatemalan minister Quezada is quoted as referring to "'Mirador,' the largest pyramid in the world."

But Mirador is not the name of a pyramid. It's the name of the entire settlement, which includes several pyramids, the largest of which is La Danta -- a fact one would expect the Guatemalan minister to know.

"Revelations of the Mayans 2012 and Beyond" begins shooting on November 15 and is due for a theatrical release in late 2012, before the end of the Mayan calendar.

While doomsday scenarios focus on the calendar ending on December 21, 2012, many scholars point out that it simply resets for another 5,126-year cycle on that date.
Patrick Chewing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:31 AM   #2
Patrick Chewing
VOTE BREXIT
 
Patrick Chewing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Where The Slime Live
Posts: 20,677
Default Re: Definitive Proof of Extraterrestrials??

(cont.)


http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...28438220111026

Quote:
Mayan Filmmaker Offers Photo as Proof of Aliens, Says Hawking Agrees (Exclusive)



By Steve Pond at TheWrap

Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:05am EDT

EXCLUSIVE

The filmmakers behind "Revelations of the Mayans 2012 and Beyond," who said that their film will reveal evidence of contact between the Mayans and extraterrestrials, have now released to TheWrap what they claim is photographic evidence of a pre-Mayan, alien civilization.

And they claim they’ve got Stephen Hawking on their side.

Producer Raul Julia-Levy supplied a photo (left), which he says was taken in southern Guatemala in the 1930s, showing a head carved in the jungle.

Also read: Mayan Secrets to Be Revealed by Mexican Government in "2012" Doc

The monument, according to an accompanying letter by archaeologist Hector E. Mejia, dates back to between 3500 and 5000 B.C. and is evidence of a superior civilization unlike any known to have lived on Earth.

Mejia described the photograph as being "of a bust which a first glance can be seen to have an elongated cranium and fine characteristics which are not consistent with pre-Hispanic races of America."

"I certify that this monument presents no characteristics of Maya, Nahuatl, Olmec or any other pre-Hispanic civilization," he wrote. "It was created by an extraordinary and superior civilization with awesome knowledge of which there is no record of existence on this planet."

The photo is one of several purported pieces of evidence that will be shown in Julia-Levy's documentary, which he is making with the cooperation of the Mexican and Guatemalan governments keyed to 2012, the date the Mayan calendar ends.

"This explains who we are," said Julia-Levy, the son of actor Raul Julia. "This explains why these big f---ing monuments are all around the world."

And Julia-Levy then passed along a direct quote that, he claimed, came from no less than Stephen Hawking, who he said "is going to work with us" and will be included in his film:

"'I warn humanity that aliens are out there. Just because the aliens were friends with the Mayans doesn't mean they are our friends. Humans should avoid contact with aliens at all costs.'"

An email sent to a representative for Hawking asking about the authenticity of the quote was not answered.

Hawking has in the past said that that alien life is likely to exist in the universe ("to my mathematical brain, the numbers alone make thinking about aliens perfectly natural"), and has speculated about the dangers of contact.

"If aliens ever visit us," Hawking has said, "I think the outcome would be much as when Christopher Columbus first landed in America, which didn't turn out very well for the Native Americans."

TheWrap has been unable to unearth any Instances of Hawking saying anything about the aliens ever contacting or being friends with the Mayans.

But Julia-Levy insisted that the words are Hawking's. He also claimed government conspiracies surrounding the photo, and the head it depicts: After the photo was taken in the late 1930s, he said, it was only published once, in a magazine that was then immediately withdrawn from circulation by "the government of England."

He also said the head depicted in the photo, 17 meters (51 feet) tall and six meters wide, is no longer in the Guatemalan jungle but has been moved to the United States and hidden.

"I was informed by officials in the government of Guatemala that the U.S. government brought it here," he said.

According to Meija, "The creative style is not consistent with the civilizations that inhabited the southern coast of Guatemala prior to the arrival of the Spaniards … It is indisputably pre-Olmec and pre-Maya … [O]ne can assign an age between 3500 and 5000 BC."

Mejia is a licensed archaeologist affiliated with the Atlas Arqueological de Guatemala and the Institute of Anthropology and History in Guatemala, and with the University of San Carlos. His statement was written in Spanish; TheWrap had it translated.

Mejia goes on to compare it to other monuments, including "the Moais of Easter Island," "the Pascual Abaj monument ... in Guatemala" and "the Great Sphinx in Egypt." He said it was "created by an extraordinary and superior civilization" that "settled in the south of Guatemala and from there shone its light and knowledge on the hunter gatherers who were its first students and received its teachings."

Julia-Levy (right) said that Mejia is part of an international team of archaeologists and other professionals assembled by the filmmakers because they are "willing to tell the world the truth" about the Mayan/alien connection.

"We have a gang of archaeologists and scholars and scientists that are going to come forward and show everything they have," he said.

And, he swears, governments will do the same.

"I was told by the officials that the Mayans and the extra-terrestrials had a history of exchange," he said. "This is official. This is as official as it can get."

Added Julia-Levy, "The world hasn’t seen this. Nobody has seen this. But there's no doubt in my mind that the world is ready fo the truth.

"This is going to create a worldwide impact in how people see things."

His movie, by the way, has yet to begin shooting. Principal photography is scheduled to begin in Mexico and Guatemala in mid-November.
Related Articles: Mayan Documentary Will Show Evidence of Alien Contact, Says Mexico (Exclusive) Mayan Secrets to Be Revealed by Mexican Government in '2012' Doc
Patrick Chewing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:46 AM   #3
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.
 
bdreason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: HB, CA
Posts: 25,669
Default Re: Definitive Proof of Extraterrestrials??

I think our understanding of previous civilizations is incredibly inaccurate. I feel as if history has been approached with the idea that anything that came before us was intellectually inferior, and thus our construction of the past and how previous civilizations existed is extremely flawed.

I'm far from a conspiracy theorist, and like to approach each situation as logical and grounded as possible... but many of the accepted interpretations of history and previous civilizations don't make sense to me. Many of the explanations seemed forced, and unwilling to approach the subject from the perspective that perhaps these civilizations weren't as inferior as we assume they were.



One thing that has always interested me, is how most of knowledge we gain from previous civilizations come from stones, or markings in stones. Because of this, I feel like people approach the discussion with the mindset of, "oh well they carved in rocks, what were they cavemen? they must have been inferior". Then I watched a documentary about what would happen if mankind were wiped off the earth. It stated that within 10,000 years of the extinction of mankind, that not a single book, or computer, or any proof of our intellectual achievements would survive. The only thing that would still remain? Carvings in stones, or landmarks built in stone.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:51 AM   #4
oh the horror
NBA Legend
 
oh the horror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Torrance, CA
Posts: 15,509
Default Re: Definitive Proof of Extraterrestrials??

Very interesting. I guess we'll have to wait and see what the documentary will be like. Right now this just seems to be hype to sell their documentary.



I will say this though...anyone that doesnt believe life on other planets, is a fool.
oh the horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:05 AM   #5
SourPatchKids
o()xxx[{::::::::::::>
 
SourPatchKids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Västerås
Posts: 6,253
Default Re: Definitive Proof of Extraterrestrials??

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloBill
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:16 AM   #6
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year
 
miller-time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,794
Default Re: Definitive Proof of Extraterrestrials??

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
It stated that within 10,000 years of the extinction of mankind, that not a single book, or computer, or any proof of our intellectual achievements would survive. The only thing that would still remain? Carvings in stones, or landmarks built in stone.

i disagree to some extent. it is a matter of luck really. stones given all climates will fair better overall, but in the right place a book or vinyl or a cd could last 10,000 years. in fact you could probably rattle of a list of a few dozen mediums that could survive the ages - both artistic and industrial. we are always finding scraps of old scrolls around the place and we have billions of more books and albums in the world than they had pieces of parchment.
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:30 AM   #7
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.
 
bdreason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: HB, CA
Posts: 25,669
Default Re: Definitive Proof of Extraterrestrials??

No, I'm sure you're right and some metal/paper/plastic type items could survive 10,000 years... but what about 100,000 years? I mean the world is like 4 billion years old I think? I feel like there could have been so many civilizations we don't know about, because we have no physical proof of their existence.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:43 AM   #8
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year
 
miller-time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,794
Default Re: Definitive Proof of Extraterrestrials??

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
No, I'm sure you're right and some metal/paper/plastic type items could survive 10,000 years... but what about 100,000 years? I mean the world is like 4 billion years old I think? I feel like there could have been so many civilizations we don't know about, because we have no physical proof of their existence.

that's always possible. eventually the sun will blow up and nothing will be left anyway. except maybe voyager 1 and 2, and whatever else is floating outside of our solar system. i'd like to see the ancient civilizations do that

i always find the freakiest one to be the idea that because the universe is always expanding eventually the galaxies will be so far away you won't be able to see them, so essentially any species living then might not know that other galaxies even exist or be able to come up with the expanding universe/big bang hypothesis.
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:44 AM   #9
MetsPackers
new based god
 
MetsPackers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,768
Default Re: Definitive Proof of Extraterrestrials??

Uh oh, shit just got real! Can't wait till all those athiests get exposed! Anyone who doesn't think aliens have visited this planet is a fool!
MetsPackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:46 AM   #10
oh the horror
NBA Legend
 
oh the horror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Torrance, CA
Posts: 15,509
Default Re: Definitive Proof of Extraterrestrials??

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsPackers
Uh oh, shit just got real! Can't wait till all those athiests get exposed!



Why would atheists be exposed?


I would think the religious fanatics out there claiming that we, humans are the ONLY being out there because God ONLY created us would be exposed...no?
oh the horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:53 AM   #11
Scoooter
NBA rookie of the year
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,789
Default Re: Definitive Proof of Extraterrestrials??

Where's the photo?
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:55 AM   #12
oh the horror
NBA Legend
 
oh the horror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Torrance, CA
Posts: 15,509
Default Re: Definitive Proof of Extraterrestrials??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
Where's the photo?



Hah, thats why they want you to watch and or buy the documentary.
oh the horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:24 AM   #13
iamgine
...
 
iamgine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 14,686
Default Re: Definitive Proof of Extraterrestrials??

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
One thing that has always interested me, is how most of knowledge we gain from previous civilizations come from stones, or markings in stones. Because of this, I feel like people approach the discussion with the mindset of, "oh well they carved in rocks, what were they cavemen? they must have been inferior". Then I watched a documentary about what would happen if mankind were wiped off the earth. It stated that within 10,000 years of the extinction of mankind, that not a single book, or computer, or any proof of our intellectual achievements would survive. The only thing that would still remain? Carvings in stones, or landmarks built in stone.
Hmm, I thought Styrofoam would still be around and that could be some kind of proof.
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:59 AM   #14
TheeBeast
Local High School Star
 
TheeBeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,248
Default Re: Definitive Proof of Extraterrestrials??

The proof of extra terrestrials was right in front of us the whole time and no one seen it either... Its us

TheeBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 05:00 AM   #15
Patrick Chewing
VOTE BREXIT
 
Patrick Chewing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Where The Slime Live
Posts: 20,677
Default Re: Definitive Proof of Extraterrestrials??

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh the horror
Why would atheists be exposed?


I would think the religious fanatics out there claiming that we, humans are the ONLY being out there because God ONLY created us would be exposed...no?

I don't want to get into some sort of philosophical debate about religion and belief systems, but suppose these visitations were from God and his angels or what have you.

Doesn't the mere probability of signs of extra-terrestrial visitations kind of throw the whole theory of evolution out the window, which is what Atheists tend to cling to as their reason for "being"??

If there is intelligent life out there and they have visited us in the past, then can we easily label them as "creators" since we are inferior in intellect? And this is why there is a worship system in every major religion worldwide. We worship and pray to those that are from above, those that are holy and gave us this life or existence. From depictions in stone and on walls, they resemble us with just a few different characteristics.

Throwing out the major religions from your mind for the moment, a plethora of other spiritual groups and tribes can attest their spirituality and spiritual nature from those that came down from the heavens/sky/stars/outer space/etc.
Patrick Chewing is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:




Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:44 PM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

InsideHoops.com Home

NBA Rumors

2019 FIBA World Cup

Team USA Basketball

NBA free agency

NBA free agents list

NBA Videos

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy