Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Is Almost Here! June 23rd!

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Do you like the games? Then you'll like this one. There is TOO much batmobile but it's not a game breaker (and the batmobile is generally fun so only when it gets really excessive does it pose a problem). I'm like 5 hours in, i think it's well worth it.

Don't bother with the DLC, the Harley One is garbage so i can't imagine the $40 package being worth it.
    ^^^ Agreed. I am not too far into it, only have like 1 hour to play it a day, but there is a lot of batmobile in it that you're forced to use. So far I think its the best in the Arkham trilogy, cant wait to play it more this weekend

College superstar

I've been enjoying it. I still don't think it matches up to the first game which IMO was the best of the series so far. I like the addition of the Batmobile, however it's tedious when you have to use it to carefully navigate round some precarious platforms. It could also do with having 60 FPS, when driving round and tearing up Gotham you really notice the drop. I bought the standard edition too, the little DLC content you get for the additional asking price isn't worth it. The missions are usually just an after thought and poorly constructed.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Just got mine on Saturday and had to spend the requisite few hours installing.

I played for a little bit. I fear I'm just not in the mood, and while I enjoyed both of the other games, they never really grabbed me.

I actually agree with step_back that the first one is probably my favorite. I liked the wider angle, the way the map sort of opens up on itself. And the combat felt so revolutionary and fresh at the time.

I got it on Saturday and played for about 4 hours. Apparently I'm at 11% completion. Liking the story so far and the map looks pretty big. Nothing revolutionary about the combat here obviously, but I really like the new fear takedown feature. Also love being able to eject out of the Batmobile and go straight through a window to knock someone out.

I have mixed opinions about the Batmobile so far. It's annoying to use when you're trying to chase someone down and aiming with it sucks without upgrades. But I really like the puzzle nature of it, having to figure out how to use the Batmobile to progress the mission is definitely fun. Also it's nice to be able to control it remotely and the battle mode is good. Overall though, I'm kind of glad when I can progress without it.

I'm just up to the part where you get to Miagani Island.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    Just got mine on Saturday and had to spend the requisite few hours installing.

I played for a little bit. I fear I'm just not in the mood, and while I enjoyed both of the other games, they never really grabbed me.

I actually agree with step_back that the first one is probably my favorite. I liked the wider angle, the way the map sort of opens up on itself. And the combat felt so revolutionary and fresh at the time.
    I think having a linear map design does more for a single player story driven game. Arkham Asylum felt so much more dark and depraved. I felt isolated, 100's of insane patients all locked up and ready to kill me, the eerie Scarecrow hallucinations in the corridors of the morgue were some of the best moments in the entire series. Having it as a sandbox takes away a lot of the tension in my eyes, you can just disappear into the night when things get too heated. Arkham you were trapped which made combat seem more high stakes and dangerous.

I like Arkham Knight, but it's lacking Asylums atmosphere. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOUcITeL5Xs
    Last edited by step_back; 06-29-2015 at 02:28 PM.

Man, I really gotta replay Asylum one of these days. It was so awesome.

I rate Asylum and City on an even keel. They're different games that accomplished what they set out to do and made a fan out of me. Those nightmare sequences were the best out of everything Arkham I've played so far, on the other hand, was there a better boss fight than Dr. Freeze?

Since AK is basically building on AC, I can see it falling short, but I'd rather not give up on it being great based on playing just 4 hours.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10
    Man, I really gotta replay Asylum one of these days. It was so awesome.

I rate Asylum and City on an even keel. They're different games that accomplished what they set out to do and made a fan out of me. Those nightmare sequences were the best out of everything Arkham I've played so far, on the other hand, was there a better boss fight than Dr. Freeze?

Since AK is basically building on AC, I can see it falling short, but I'd rather not give up on it being great based on playing just 4 hours.
    I've completed it now and it's genuinely a good game. It's just lacking the real stand out moments that stay with you. Perhaps too much emphasis during development was put on the Batmobile. Still I enjoyed it and I'll most likely get the season pass. It should keep me busy until Fallout 4 comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by step_back
    I've completed it now and it's genuinely a good game. It's just lacking the real stand out moments that stay with you. Perhaps too much emphasis during development was put on the Batmobile. Still I enjoyed it and I'll most likely get the season pass. It should keep me busy until Fallout 4 comes out.
    Glad to hear it. I haven't progressed any further due to some work I'm having done in the TV room. Hopefully I'll hop back in tomorrow night.

Just started it.

Awesome!

Banned

Played it for the first time to other night. My buddy bought it and this is the first time I have played these Arkham series games. I didn't like it and was not impressed by the game at all. The graphics are super sweet though.

I am not into games where you have to 'do this and do that' and after you do it, there is more shit to do.

Banned

God, I really want to get this, but I have so many games to play right now. The Witcher 3, MGS 2-4 + PW + GZ, Arkham City, Battlefront 2 lol, possibly Fallout 3/NV soon, and not to mention MGS 5 and Fallout 4 coming out in a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    Played it for the first time to other night. My buddy bought it and this is the first time I have played these Arkham series games. I didn't like it and was not impressed by the game at all. The graphics are super sweet though.

I am not into games where you have to 'do this and do that' and after you do it, there is more shit to do.
    Arkham Asylum would be more enjoyable for you then.

Anybody still playing this? I'm moving slowly due to my busy schedule, but it looks like I'm 70% done with the main story. So far my opinion has not changed on either the gameplay or the batmobile.

Story is top notch so far yet again. Only complaint is that there are some major events that seemed anti-climactic the way they happened.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10
    Anybody still playing this? I'm moving slowly due to my busy schedule, but it looks like I'm 70% done with the main story. So far my opinion has not changed on either the gameplay or the batmobile.

Story is top notch so far yet again. Only complaint is that there are some major events that seemed anti-climactic the way they happened.
    Yea I'm about the same spot as you. Haven't some any side missions yet, just straight story

Quote Originally Posted by Rondooooooooooo
    Yea I'm about the same spot as you. Haven't some any side missions yet, just straight story
    Do yourself a favor and don't read the Batman vs Superman thread in OTC. Arkham Knight's story is spoiled in there.