Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-10-2012, 05:07 PM   #1
moaz
High school junior varsity star

moaz is considered somewhat coolmoaz is considered somewhat cool
Default Real Men

This photo won the 2nd prize, category sports single, at this year World Press Photo Award.

Its a game between Old Belvedere and Blackrock, Irish rugby league. I wont go in pub fight with these guys, especially their nate Robinson there.

moaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 05:28 PM   #2
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Real Men

cool photo, would love to see the other sports winners from past years
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 05:37 PM   #3
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

the photos from the Dallas/Rams game look so cool because of the way the sun light came in the stadium

some of the pics from that game alosmt look photoshopped

http://cbsdallas.files.wordpress.com...pg?w=420&h=280

http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr....Y%2FXWvGVGc%3D

I remember seeing the pics after that game and thinking DAMN THAT LOOKS EPIC!!!

the lighting just made for some great photos
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 05:38 PM   #4
moaz

You can go on their site and look at archive somewhere. they have all winners.

http://www.worldpressphoto.org/
Old 02-11-2012, 10:54 AM   #5
moaz

Here are some winners from the past 5 years. There are mor than one sport category (single, series, event); I just picked some of them.

Old 02-11-2012, 02:35 PM   #6
Velocirap31
Decent college freshman

Velocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation here

That last picture . That is a horrible 'sport,' so I don't have too much sympathy for the dude. Hopefully he wasn't killed though.
Velocirap31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 03:19 PM   #7
chips93
Very good NBA starter

chips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by moaz
This photo won the 2nd prize, category sports single, at this year World Press Photo Award.

Its a game between Old Belvedere and Blackrock, Irish rugby league. I wont go in pub fight with these guys, especially their nate Robinson there.

funny thing is, the guys in this photo come from some of the most affluent families in ireland.
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 07:40 PM   #8
moaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocirap31
That last picture . That is a horrible 'sport,' so I don't have too much sympathy for the dude. Hopefully he wasn't killed though.
No he wasn't. I think he returned couple of months later.
Old 02-12-2012, 03:32 AM   #9
Solidape
Great young streetballer

Solidape is considered somewhat coolSolidape is considered somewhat coolSolidape is considered somewhat cool

2011[/b]
[/quote]

Is that real or photoshopped - I gots to know!

If its real, how come I've never seen this before?
Solidape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 03:41 AM   #10
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by moaz
No he wasn't. I think he returned couple of months later.
Returned to humiliating half-dead bulls that, without hours of torture, would do that to him every time? What a guy.

Hopefully the next bull does the job permanently. Cowards in that sport.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 07:42 PM   #11
moaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidape
Is that real or photoshopped - I gots to know!

If its real, how come I've never seen this before?

It is real. As I have said, it won the World press photo of the year. they wont give it to a photoshopped photo.

Here is another photo of the accident.

This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: