Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-03-2013, 10:32 PM   #46
Heavincent
NBA Superstar

Default Re: Which inevitable Kobe milestone this season will sting his haters the most?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke117
He isn't a top 10 player of all time.

Heavincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 10:41 PM   #47
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Default Re: Which inevitable Kobe milestone this season will sting his haters the most?

Kobe might Brett Favre it and stick around long enough to have every record good and bad. Most points and most misses like Brett has the most TDs and picks.

But really isnt a big deal. None of those at least. Most non PG assists(till lebron takes it that is)? Matters as much as most non bigman blocks.

Passing Jordan in points is the only one of those anyone would be aware of if not for places like this with endless arguments over bullshit nobody elsewhere cares about.

And you can rest assured "But of course Jordan played ___ less games soooooooo" is gonna be said seconds after it happens.

All time leading scorer would be a big deal.

Moving from 5 to 4 or 4 to 3 or whatever the **** it is is just a crowd claps for 20 seconds and lets get the game going again moment.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 01:08 AM   #48
SamuraiSWISH
For the Culture

All impressive longevity, and individual determination. Nothing to hate there. OP just cares about Kobe's potential awards, or the fact that under his lead the Lakers will be irrelevant in the overall championship contending picture for the 3rd season in a row?
SamuraiSWISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 01:36 AM   #49
lakerspng
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke117
It doesn't look good when you are just going to pass the 3rd leading scorer of all time and you already have the most missed shots in the history of the league.

you do realize the 1 and 2 all time leading scorers are both post players right?
lakerspng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 01:45 AM   #50
Asukal
College star

Takes him 3 more seasons to surpass the GOAT's total accumulated points. That speaks volumes of how much Kobe is not as good as the GOAT in scoring.
Asukal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 02:43 AM   #51
longtime lurker
Very good NBA starter

So much bitterness in this thread and nothing has even happened. All these posts amount to "well Kobe did it so it doesn't matter!". Every one that follows sports will acknowlege how incredible the achievements are while ISH remains bitter and clueless
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 04:12 AM   #52
Legends66NBA7

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtime lurker
So much bitterness in this thread and nothing has even happened.

You realize the thread title has a lot to do with posters addressing it a certain way ?

All you Kobe fans/stans had to do was celebrate your favourite player's accomplishments instead it's seems to be more about what the Kobe haters think if and when all this happens. You guys are in each others minds.

Also, if Silk's thread got locked, don't know why this is still up too.
Legends66NBA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 10:29 AM   #53
Yao Ming's Foot
You're welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
Kobe might Brett Favre it and stick around long enough to have every record good and bad. Most points and most misses like Brett has the most TDs and picks.

Interceptions is a standard statistic tracked by all major sports websites.
"Most misses" isn't.

Yao Ming's Foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 10:30 AM   #54
Yao Ming's Foot
You're welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
You realize the thread title has a lot to do with posters addressing it a certain way ?

All you Kobe fans/stans had to do was celebrate your favourite player's accomplishments instead it's seems to be more about what the Kobe haters think if and when all this happens. You guys are in each others minds.

Also, if Silk's thread got locked, don't know why this is still up too.

The thread title is perfect. If you are not a hater it's not talking about you. If you are upset that these Kobe moments are on the horizon you are probably a hater. If you are begging for the thread to be deleted or locked even more so.
Yao Ming's Foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 11:13 AM   #55
Dragonyeuw
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethgriffin

but not anyone can play at a 1st team all nba level for 20 years.

kobes doing it. no one else ever has

Neither has Kobe. He wasn't an all-NBA performer until 2000. Being at an all-NBA level for 14 seasons is impressive of course.
Dragonyeuw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 11:38 AM   #56
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Quote:
Interceptions is a standard statistic tracked by all major sports websites.
"Most misses" isn't.

Which has zero to do with what I said.

Kobe like Brett....could stay around enough to be the all time leader in everything just off continuing to exist. Karl Malone very nearly did the same thing.

Kareem set the bar high because accountants stole his money so he played an extra 3 years to retire well off.

Its not unimpressive. But it is what it is.

Play 20 years shoot more than anyone ever you end up with the most points. I believe the current scoring leaders are in the same order as the top 4-5 leaders in FGAs. If not Elvin Hayes is higher in FGA than scoring. But its close.

Major sites not tracking most misses has nothing to do with them existing. Just means a lot of people dont look that deep into the game. I do.

I believe Hondo is the all time missed shots leader. He or Kobe. Both clearly all time greats. The all time turnover leaders are hall of famers too.

Goes with a long career and a lot of responsibility.

But it just is what it is. Most on average generally shows you more than the totals. And the averages dont tell you all that much either in many cases.

Its all just trivia.

All time leading scorer is a great accomplishment. That goes without saying.

But I dont think people are gonna be as enamored with it as some Kobe fans want to believe.

The #2 all time leading scorer doesnt even come up in discussions of who the best scorer ever is.

And he shouldnt. Its great to be #2. Says a lot.

But its not something im just blown away by. Not when comparing him to other high ranking players who just didnt play as long.
Old 10-04-2013, 11:41 AM   #57
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

Talking Re: Which inevitable Kobe milestone this season will sting his haters the most?

Kobe- Brett Favre

Lebron- Peyton Manning

Jordan- Joe Montana
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 11:48 AM   #58
DMAVS41
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
Kobe- Brett Favre

Lebron- Peyton Manning

Jordan- Joe Montana

I like this

Bird - Tom Brady

Magic - Johnny Unitas maybe, don't know
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 01:13 PM   #59
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kobe is probably Joe Montana.

Lebron is Elway or Steve Young.

Duncan is Unitas.

Wilt is Peyton once he wins his second ring.

There is no football version of Michael, Magic or Bird. We would have to use the likes of Bradshaw, Aikman, and Brady and id say all would insult them in some way. Brady may have some Bird in him. But Bird had more to do with his teams winning than Brady did early 2000s.

Which I guess makes it sound like Brady is Kobe. Brady did have his best years while not winning same as Kobe. Maybe something there.

Wanted to give Jordan Joe Montana....but Joe had Jerry Rice. Jordan never had a better or even equal player on his teams.
Old 10-04-2013, 01:29 PM   #60
Legends66NBA7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yao Ming's Foot
The thread title is perfect. If you are not a hater it's not talking about you. If you are upset that these Kobe moments are on the horizon you are probably a hater. If you are begging for the thread to be deleted or locked even more so.

No, I'm not a hater and if someone wants to believe that I'm a hater, then whatever.

I just don't see a point trying to address haters. Just seems childish to me. But like I said, carry on if it's not getting locked.
Legends66NBA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: