I agree on most of it, but some bits i disagree on.
1. Dont sign Grant Hill back unless he's willing to sign for 2-3million, This way Orlando can begin to develop Trevor Ariza who looks to have HUGE potential to be a great player.
2. If you sign Darko for anything more then 6 million you wont have enough money for a good scorer such as Rashard Lewis.
Heres a list of players Orlando could sign if they don't get Rashard Lewis;
- Derek Anderson- Charlotte
- Matt Carroll- Charlotte
- Jerry Stackhouse- Dallas
- Flip Murray- Detroit
- Yaroslav Korolev- LA Clippers
- Mo Williams- Milwaukee
- Jumaine Jones- Phoenix
- Jalen Rose- Phoenix
Personally, I think that Orlando is in re-building stage, but they still manage to win games, thats why I think they could use someone like Yaroslav Korolev, because he has a lot of potential to be a great scorer. But on the other hand, they do need some veteran scorers and thats why I've listed Derek Anderson, Flip Murray and Jerry Stackhouse.
Also, I listed Mo Williams because I realize that PG situation in Orlando isn't working with Jameer, I'd try a sign and trade with another team, and then give it a crack at signing Mo because he has just been superb this year.
3. JM, you've said it before and i agree with you, Orlandos future players must get better. (Darko, Dwight and JJ). JJ Needs more playing time, Darko needs to learn to keep of the fouls and be more aggressive, not as just blocking but at all aspects of the game. Dwight needs most moves, without them he wont be more then a 18PPG player at best.
4. Keep Brian Hill, hes a defensive minded coach, and thats exactly what this team needs. Darko's a great blocker, Dwight's a great rebounder, Ariza is a great perimeter defender and the rest of the team is doing well on defense. With that said, JJ is the one weak spot, but i think that he can be taught to be play defense.
5. Get a draft pick in the first round!! I don't know how you might be able to do it, but just do it!
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _
With all this, I think Orlando's projected lineup could be something like.
PG - Mo Williams
SG - JJ Reddick
SF - Trevor Ariza
PF - Darko Milicic
C - Dwight Howard
Young I know, but could be a very effective starting 5.
SG - Jerry Stackhouse - should be the sixth man Orlando needs.
PG - Backup PG traded for Jameer + Next years 2nd round Draft pick. (Duhon?) possibly.
SF - Hedo Turkoglu - Could be an effective man off the bench for Orlando
PF - Tony Battie - Should be the first Big of the bench on most nights, coming in for Dwight or Darko.
SG - Keyon Dooling - Back back-up PG and second SG of the bench.
SF - Grant Hill - I'd expect him to get a lot less minutes next year for the Magic, but still play a large part in the team.
PF - Second Round draft pick. - Hopefully it is someone 6'11 or over because Orlando does not look to have too many big players
PG - Carlos Arroyo - I don't like him, but i couldn't figure out what to do with him, so he's in here by default.
The bench isn't in order, but i'd expect/hope the lineup to look something like that.