Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Isn't strange that the only members from the 2010 Lakers still in the NBA are...

Quote Originally Posted by HOoopCityJones
    Damn, we had Adam Morrison AND Luke Walton? Wtf is up with Mitch and mediocre white players? I remember we had Troy Murphy and Josh McRoberts one year.
    Show some respect. Those "mediocre" white players have as many rings as LeBron.

College superstar The Iron Fist's Avatar

Default Re: Isn't strange that the only members from the 2010 Lakers still in the NBA are...

That team was 2010s version of the 2015 Cavs.
    Excellent work Kobe.

College superstar

Not really all that shocking to me personally. It's why I laughed at people who claimed the 2008-2010 Lakers were stacked. Maybe if Bynum was actually ever healthy and as good as he was in 2011, and if Ron Artest was still in his prime, then you could say they were stacked, but outside of their superstar Kobe and their good #2 option All-Star Gasol, the team just wasn't very talented when you break it down.

Kobe- along with LeBron, arguably the best player in the league.

Gasol- top 15 player, had a solid regular season and a great playoff run.

Artest- shell of his former self. Don't get me wrong his defense was still pretty good but his man-to-man D meant little in a 2-4 series, and we're talking about perhaps the worst offensive starting SF in the league, he was a liability on that end of the court.

Odom- struggled all season and played like an average role player compared to the solid 3rd fiddle he was in '09.

Fisher- probably the worst starting PG in the league by that point.

Bynum- he played a role but it was hardly anything to write home about. He was riddled with injuries and played limited minutes, averaged 9/6 i the playoffs.

Lakers bench- amongst the worst in the league

24th ranked 3-point shooing team in the league.