Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-08-2018, 10:24 PM   #1
LeThanos
Banned

Default Universal health care vs military spending

What is more important, to spend a trillion dollars on your ever growing military, or enable your citizens, both rich and poor, to have quality free health care?
LeThanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 10:41 PM   #2
Bill Russell
Banned

Default Re: Universal health care vs military spending

For the USA in 2018? Probably military spending because without it our global tyrannical run would probably end and so would the dollar and the entire country would collapse. Hopefully, one day.
Bill Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 10:47 PM   #3
HarryBergeron
Underhandicapped

Rake it from someone who lives in a country with a tax payer funded public health system (i loathe when fgts like OP are too dumb to use accurate descriptors and instead use fgty political slogans. "Pro-choice" is another), you dont want it. Especially as many "people" in your country with no sense of civic pride or care for the massive defecit you are already running, there to take advantage of it.
HarryBergeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 11:02 PM   #4
qrich
King Heno

How about neither.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 11:26 PM   #5
Vino24
Local High School Star

Right now Health Care Organizations are not capable of handling free health care. There is a shortage of medical professionals all over the states. It would be a shit show.
Vino24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 11:27 PM   #6
Cleverness
GSW Fan Since the 90s

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeThanos
What is more important, to spend a trillion dollars on your ever growing military, or enable your citizens, both rich and poor, to have quality free health care?

quality-free*

dmv style

edit:

poor already have free health care; it's called Medicaid.

how about a better question: how about the trillion dollars in pension plans for gov't and trillion dollars in "education" (aka 50k tuition for high school lol)

Last edited by Cleverness : 09-08-2018 at 11:58 PM.
Cleverness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 01:16 AM   #7
Smoke117
The King Returns...

The military. Have to keep the rest of the world in line.
Smoke117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 03:46 PM   #8
Rolando
Local High School Star

Here is the real question:

Do regular US citizens benefit from how the military is being used? Is it worth the money? Worth sending our brothers out there?

I don't think so. The US military is being used to benefit powerful multinational concerns. Regular people are seeing no benefit from this. Yet, they fund it and they do the fighting.
Rolando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 03:56 PM   #9
Bill Russell
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolando
Here is the real question:

Do regular US citizens benefit from how the military is being used? Is it worth the money? Worth sending our brothers out there?

I don't think so. The US military is being used to benefit powerful multinational concerns. Regular people are seeing no benefit from this. Yet, they fund it and they do the fighting.

Unfortunately, you're wrong. I'd like you to be right, but you are wrong.

Regular US citizens benefit every damn day from our military being used the way it is because it's the primary contributing factor that's keeping the dollar afloat and from our entire country from entering into a space of massive inflation and a massive depression, which would result in an untold number of deaths and population reduction in the U.S... which I think is 100% necessary and I can't wait for the day... but yeah... you're wrong.
Bill Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 05:05 PM   #10
Rolando
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Russell

Regular US citizens benefit every damn day from our military being used the way it is because it's the primary contributing factor that's keeping the dollar afloat and from our entire country from entering into a space of massive inflation and a massive depression, which would result in an untold number of deaths and population reduction in the U.S... which I think is 100% necessary and I can't wait for the day... but yeah... you're wrong.

That's a lot for me to look into. But I will. If true, that's rather sad don't you think? We are being used and that's the only reason our currency has any value. The international community demands that our soliders risk thier lives and that we citizens fund this military just so that our currency maintains its value?

That must be what we are doing in Afghanistan. Certainly this idea that we are staying there to fight terrorists has now become clearly a sham.

I guess this also has something to do with our response to Sept. 11. Saudis highjack planes and smash them into buildings, killing thousands. The US responds by attacking the Saudis most threatening local enemy, Iraq.

You may be on to something after all.
Rolando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 05:13 PM   #11
LeThanos
Banned

Quote:

Can you elaborate please, why would the dollar collapse?
Old 09-10-2018, 05:48 PM   #12
tpols
we already won

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke117
The military. Have to keep the rest of the world in line.

How are we going to keep footing the bill for your rehab and checkups then?
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 05:52 PM   #13
tpols
we already won

Quote:

Total lies. USA could slash their spending in half and still have the biggest military and nuke arsenal to blow the world up twice over. 10 trillion piased away in the desert and the place is still same as it was before entry. Wake up bill.
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 05:52 PM   #14
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Regular citizens have a LOT of jobs tied up in the military. I dont think thats what the question was trying to ask...but it is a ground level difference maker. Thats one reason its so hard to close a military base.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 07:55 PM   #15
LeThanos
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols
Total lies. USA could slash their spending in half and still have the biggest military and nuke arsenal to blow the world up twice over. 10 trillion piased away in the desert and the place is still same as it was before entry. Wake up bill.

Well, its not like USA is the only country with a nuclear arsenal to blow the world several times over, mr Putin is here to save us from that horrendous possibility
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: