Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-22-2007, 09:00 PM   #61
dawsey6
/thread

Default Re: Marbury: Dog-fighting is a sport

Dog-fighting's a sport, eh? Isn't this the same person who got excited over the "younger, youthier per-player" that the Knicks just got?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYY338_JgvI
dawsey6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 09:05 PM   #62
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
Amazing how all this fuss over Vick MAYBE being involved with dogfighting yet the fact that the 50 pits that were confiscated are about to be killed by the gov't is flying completely under the radar.

Those dogs have to be. Cant domesticate those dogs anymore after what they gone thru.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 09:10 PM   #63
dawsey6
/thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
Amazing how all this fuss over Vick MAYBE being involved with dogfighting yet the fact that the 50 pits that were confiscated are about to be killed by the gov't is flying completely under the radar.

It's been known for a couple of days now the Vick will plead guilty.
dawsey6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 09:12 PM   #64
KWALI
erudite

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Those dogs have to be. Cant domesticate those dogs anymore after what they gone thru.

Why not they don't fight 24 hours a day do they? It's not more humane than letting them fight...that's what they do...

Dogs fight each other why are people acting like these breeds in particular don't have a natural disposition to fight?

I a,m not a dog trainer I have never beat up my dogs in Jamaica but they have attacked and killed other dogs who came on our land and one of my German SHeppards was killed by my neighbours Ridgebacks when he went over there....

These are not collies and Labs that he has fighting...
KWALI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 09:14 PM   #65
G-train
5-time NBA All-Star

The dogs are screwed.
They will have a painless death, they certainly wont be bashed or electrocuted.
G-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 09:27 PM   #66
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawsey6
It's been known for a couple of days now the Vick will plead guilty.
Pleading guilty and actually taking part in something are two separate things. Anyone that's every been in trouble or is close to people who have been in trouble with the law will tell you that.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 09:41 PM   #67
KWALI
erudite

Open an exibit in an Virgina Zoo wild dogs ......It's weird I don't know him but you got that celebrity knowledge of him and he doesn't scream sicko...like how is Mike Tyson not involved in something like this?
KWALI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 09:49 PM   #68
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWALI
Open an exibit in an Virgina Zoo wild dogs ......It's weird I don't know him but you got that celebrity knowledge of him and he doesn't scream sicko...like how is Mike Tyson not involved in something like this?
Iron Mike loves animals. Don't know if he's still into it but he used to fly pigeons and had a few coops in Harlem.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 09:54 PM   #69
DatZNasty
College superstar

there wasn't this much bruhaha when P.E.T.A (who are supposedly looking out for the best interest of animals) took all those dogs from the shelter claiming they were going to give them a better life and then they were all found in the dumpster in the back the next day.

Or look at how animals raised for food are treated, or a fur factory. That happens more overseas than in the US, but I've seen them beat the ***** outta some racoon on the concrete to kill it and when it wouldn't die they just skinned the son***** alive. Again, moderate outrage, just internet outrage mostly.

But with Vick, people are actually buying jerseys and sending them to dog shelters to be used to clean the dog's kennels (as if that's some sort of insult) and picketing, Nancy Grace and Bill O'Reilly's talking about the maximum possible sentence he should get and he shouldn't get any plea, Jason Whitlock blaiming it on rap music, kats putting Vick right up there with Osama Bin Laden on the top hated list right now.

And the government kills most pitts, rottweilers, and bulldogs within an hour when they are caught and get taken to the shelter. The whole give the owner a week to claim them first, doesn't apply to those breeds like it does with other breeds that may have gotten lost or be found roaming and get called in on.
DatZNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 09:56 PM   #70
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWALI
Why not they don't fight 24 hours a day do they? It's not more humane than letting them fight...that's what they do...

Dogs fight each other why are people acting like these breeds in particular don't have a natural disposition to fight?

I a,m not a dog trainer I have never beat up my dogs in Jamaica but they have attacked and killed other dogs who came on our land and one of my German SHeppards was killed by my neighbours Ridgebacks when he went over there....

These are not collies and Labs that he has fighting...

Why not? Who is gonna adopt a dog that was trained to fight? Getting agressive, high tempermant dogs require special training upon getting one. Thats why usually you should get them as pups because you can better control, guide them and give them the proper care and even still being aware and responsible that regardless you understand the breed and your dogs makeup that if its not on a leash it will attack another dog. People who neglect pitt bulls, dont train them, get them trained are usually the ones who have encounters that gone wrong.

You would never adopt a dog that was involved in fighting so why ask why? Most of those dogs go thru psychological tests to see if they can be obedient after they were trained otherwise...they go thru tests to see if they can be domesticated the whole nine. Once its found out they cant they lose its right to be put up for adoption. And usually this is done with stray pit bulls or pit bulls confiscated from homes via neglect, drug busts etc etc.

Smarten up Kwalli you know better. Regular dogs who are put up for adoption and no one adopts it has a certain time period before they are put down. Called animal control...if no one adopts the animal then how can one maintain, care for it? And I'm talkin in general...not a certain breed of dog. But with dogs who were trained to fight...they are basically a speeding car with no brakes. Thats why the majority will be terminated and rightfully so. Nothin inhumane about it at all. Maybe you prefer they ask Vick how they should put them down...I'm sure he has humane ways. :rollingeyes:
Old 08-22-2007, 09:58 PM   #71
White Chocolate
NBA All-star

I'm not sure who's comments are worse: Steph's or NAACP's.
White Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 10:04 PM   #72
bomber
Decent college freshman

1=a deer
2 or more=deer

deers is not correct marbs.
bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 10:08 PM   #73
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatZNasty
there wasn't this much bruhaha when P.E.T.A (who are supposedly looking out for the best interest of animals) took all those dogs from the shelter claiming they were going to give them a better life and then they were all found in the dumpster in the back the next day.

When/where did this happen???

Quote:
Or look at how animals raised for food are treated, or a fur factory. That happens more overseas than in the US, but I've seen them beat the ***** outta some racoon on the concrete to kill it and when it wouldn't die they just skinned the son***** alive. Again, moderate outrage, just internet outrage mostly.

How are animals raised for food treated??? You realize PETA for years has fought for how animals are slaughtered? Same with the avg joe? Most people arent knowledgable to how the hamburger they eat is processed. You specifically can track the burger I ate last week? I'd like for you to let me know how it was killed. If you dont know where to begin why mention it? And why mention what YOU saw? I didnt nor have I ever seen a racoon killed that way or a racoon in general. I've never heard about it either. Do you care that overseas more troops died or is your reply gonna be similar "Damn really? I didnt hear about it"...if we kept up with everything that happens in this country we all would be cellmates with Halle Berry in f*cking Gothika.

Look the big deal with dog fighting is because a famous celeb we praise, we celebrate, we put on a pedastool got caught. Just like we buy thier jerseys and spend countless hours online, offline arguing about how good/great they are...we also spend time shytting on them. Thats how we operate in general. We dont need everyone getting on damn soap boxes telling us about hypocritical shyt "Well no one cared about the chicken who was beheaded with a butter knife". Are you f*cking kidding me? So because i didnt sympathize with the poor racoon you saw I cant voice my beef with dog fighting in general and how its wrong? Brilliant...you realize we can disect and do that nonsense with everyones thoughts on issues?

Tell me how you view about cig smoking. Drinking alcohol...cuz I'm dying to throw out examples of hypocritical nonsense just so you cant have those views anymore. :rollingeyes:

Quote:
But with Vick, people are actually buying jerseys and sending them to dog shelters to be used to clean the dog's kennels (as if that's some sort of insult) and picketing, Nancy Grace and Bill O'Reilly's talking about the maximum possible sentence he should get and he shouldn't get any plea, Jason Whitlock blaiming it on rap music, kats putting Vick right up there with Osama Bin Laden on the top hated list right now.

Its called extremists groups...thats what happens people overreact. Normal behavior for most...take it with a grain of salt. Its no different then you seeing a highlight and going ape shyts then claiming "best dunk of all time!" knowing damn well its not when you sit back and put your emotions on pause.

Quote:
And the government kills most pitts, rottweilers, and bulldogs within an hour when they are caught and get taken to the shelter. The whole give the owner a week to claim them first, doesn't apply to those breeds like it does with other breeds that may have gotten lost or be found roaming and get called in on.

Show me proof that is how its operated please. Enlighten me because I cant comment otherwise on that and I'd like to see something to be informed, educated on. Not saying you're lying/fabricating stories...just askin you to provide me a source that supports this. Thanks.
Old 08-22-2007, 10:09 PM   #74
jbot
Future D1 Dad

Quote:
Why not? Who is gonna adopt a dog that was trained to fight? Getting agressive, high tempermant dogs require special training upon getting one. Thats why usually you should get them as pups because you can better control, guide them and give them the proper care and even still being aware and responsible that regardless you understand the breed and your dogs makeup that if its not on a leash it will attack another dog. People who neglect pitt bulls, dont train them, get them trained are usually the ones who have encounters that gone wrong.

You would never adopt a dog that was involved in fighting so why ask why? Most of those dogs go thru psychological tests to see if they can be obedient after they were trained otherwise...they go thru tests to see if they can be domesticated the whole nine. Once its found out they cant they lose its right to be put up for adoption. And usually this is done with stray pit bulls or pit bulls confiscated from homes via neglect, drug busts etc etc.

Smarten up Kwalli you know better. Regular dogs who are put up for adoption and no one adopts it has a certain time period before they are put down. Called animal control...if no one adopts the animal then how can one maintain, care for it? And I'm talkin in general...not a certain breed of dog. But with dogs who were trained to fight...they are basically a speeding car with no brakes. Thats why the majority will be terminated and rightfully so. Nothin inhumane about it at all. Maybe you prefer they ask Vick how they should put them down...I'm sure he has humane ways. :rollingeyes:

i agree.
dogs that have been trained to fight might have a slight chance of coming out w/ a decent temperment w/ some extensive tlc or doggie psychology. dogs that have fought and tasted blood are better off euthanized and are hopeless. would u let a trained bloodthirsty pitbull sit next to your toddler? nobody in their right mind would.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 10:22 PM   #75
DatZNasty
College superstar

Quote:
When/where did this happen???

How are animals raised for food treated??? You realize PETA for years has fought for how animals are slaughtered? Same with the avg joe? Most people arent knowledgable to how the hamburger they eat is processed. You specifically can track the burger I ate last week? I'd like for you to let me know how it was killed. If you dont know where to begin why mention it? And why mention what YOU saw? I didnt nor have I ever seen a racoon killed that way or a racoon in general. I've never heard about it either. Do you care that overseas more troops died or is your reply gonna be similar "Damn really? I didnt hear about it"...if we kept up with everything that happens in this country we all would be cellmates with Halle Berry in f*cking Gothika.

Look the big deal with dog fighting is because a famous celeb we praise, we celebrate, we put on a pedastool got caught. Just like we buy thier jerseys and spend countless hours online, offline arguing about how good/great they are...we also spend time shytting on them. Thats how we operate in general. We dont need everyone getting on damn soap boxes telling us about hypocritical shyt "Well no one cared about the chicken who was beheaded with a butter knife". Are you f*cking kidding me? So because i didnt sympathize with the poor racoon you saw I cant voice my beef with dog fighting in general and how its wrong? Brilliant...you realize we can disect and do that nonsense with everyones thoughts on issues?

Tell me how you view about cig smoking. Drinking alcohol...cuz I'm dying to throw out examples of hypocritical nonsense just so you cant have those views anymore. :rollingeyes:

Its called extremists groups...thats what happens people overreact. Normal behavior for most...take it with a grain of salt. Its no different then you seeing a highlight and going ape shyts then claiming "best dunk of all time!" knowing damn well its not when you sit back and put your emotions on pause.

Show me proof that is how its operated please. Enlighten me because I cant comment otherwise on that and I'd like to see something to be informed, educated on. Not saying you're lying/fabricating stories...just askin you to provide me a source that supports this. Thanks.
http://www.topix.net/forum/county/lo...0RNSHMRQSILT74 this is all I found for now. I googled "pitbulls in animal shelters" and it was the second link, but I took a workshop class at University called "The Animinal-Human Connection" (workshop classes are only 1 credit hr but its just 2 Saturdays and generally automatic A's or S's so I took it, I don't even own a pet) and like a couple hours of the class was about socialization of certain animals and how that curbs aggressiveness and there was some facts and a speaker who talked about how there's a ban on adopting pits some places and other places just because of the reputations of the aforementioned breeds just put them down almost immediately.

I don't even care about this subject that much. ****in dogs, food/power chain. If they were smarter than humans and could exploit us somehow, they would.

But whatever, don't agree with me is fine, but I didn't just make up any ****. O yea, lemme google the thing about Peta and the dogs in the dumpster

Found that pretty fast.
http://www.consumerfreedom.com/press...fm/release/109

Quote:
When Ahoskie police arrested PETA employees Andrew Cook and Adria Hinkle last night, they found 18 dead dogs in a nearby shopping-center dumpster (including a bag containing seven dead puppies), and 13 more dead dogs in the PETA-owned van the two were driving. Police observed them throwing several dark-colored bags into the dumpster before the arrests were made.

In 2003 PETA euthanized over 85 percent of the animals it took in, finding adoptive homes for just 14 percent. By comparison, the Norfolk SPCA found adoptive homes for 73 percent of its animals and the Virginia Beach SPCA adopted out 66 percent. PETA’s required report documenting its 2004 record is currently over 4 weeks late.
but it has been generally well known how extremist and how much of a joke Peta is.

Last edited by DatZNasty : 08-22-2007 at 10:26 PM.
DatZNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: