Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 10-10-2007, 08:20 AM   #1
Bobcat4Ever
Six Pack Cat

Default Richardson feels at home already

Quote:
Richardson feels at home already

Vincent: He worked hard to get where he is

RICK BONNELL
rbonnell@charlotteobserver.com

Do something about those street names, and Jason Richardson will have found perfection.

That's the only problem this new Charlotte Bobcat has had: Somehow you can drive straight in Charlotte, yet the street names change from Fairview to Sardis to whatever. That's the only way Richardson is confused about what he's doing or where he's going.

This already feels like home. You can see it in his constant smile and in his interaction with teammates. Yes, he was shaken when Golden State traded him in June, but he's adapted so quickly, you'd think he was here his whole career.

"I get along with the guys, I've learned the offense. Everything is going well right now," said Richardson, who'll start at shooting guard tonight in the Bobcats' first exhibition in Orlando against the Magic.

"I don't see a lot of difference (between what the Warriors were last season and what the Bobcats are.) We're going to be a fast-breaking team, play tough defense and we have a lot of guys who can shoot the ball and push the ball at different positions.''

In other words, his kind of team. Richardson wasn't exactly known for his defense as a Warrior, but you wouldn't guess that from his practices so far. He's scrambling all over the place, using his speed and length to disrupt the passing lanes.

Give that all the time, and his coach, Sam Vincent, will be happy, too.

Vincent says Richardson typically arrives for practice 15 to 20 minutes before any other player. That sends the signal he's serious about his work.

"He's a superstar kind of guy, but you enjoy being around him because he doesn't take shortcuts,'' Vincent said. "It's obvious he worked hard to get where he is.''

He is the Bobcats' most dangerous scorer, and the way point guard Raymond Felton launches lob passes to him, you might see him first as a slasher. Not so.

"I'm definitely more of a shooter than a slasher," Richardson said, and that's evident in the pregame warmup, when he launches a half-dozen shots 30 feet from the basket.

Shoot, dunk and run. It's a pretty familiar pattern for a guy who moved across the country this summer.

"I told my ex-teammates you better watch out for us,'' Richardson said, "because we're running as much as you guys.''

http://www.charlotte.com/bobcats/story/312570.html
Bobcat4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 01:31 PM   #2
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

Default Re: Richardson feels at home already

Quote:
Vincent says Richardson typically arrives for practice 15 to 20 minutes before any other player. That sends the signal he's serious about his work.

This has always been the case with JRich. The GSW fans told us after the draft that JRich always works hard on his game, and usually improves one facet over every summer.

We got a steal.

Y'all getting excited yet? Today's the day!!!
~spectre~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 02:33 PM   #3
TarHeelBorn
Local High School Star

I cant wait for us to run the Magic into the ground and everyone wake up to us.
TarHeelBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 04:38 PM   #4
ILuvThisGame
My Swag is Phenomenal

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelBorn
I cant wait for us to run the Magic into the ground and everyone wake up to us.

yea if I hear about the Magic once more, probably going to shoot myself.

They lost their team leader (Hill) and under appreciated Darko and now Battie to injury....

They have Howard who can't score from outside of 2 feet, Nelson who is about as much of a point guard as Steve Francis, and Rashard who's about as much of a defensive liability as a 90 year old woman with arthritis.

Nelson/Reddick(?)/Rashard/Howard/Foyle<<<<<Felton/JRich/Wallace/Herrmann/Okafor

and I would even argue that our bench is much better.... although neither of us have a bench to boast about.

I've said it in a couple of threads in the NBA forum... I think the Bobcats finish 2nd in the southeast.

Wizards - 46-43 wins
Bobcats- 42-39 wins
Heat- 41-38 wins
Magic- 38-34 wins
Hawks- 33-27 wins

Last edited by ILuvThisGame : 10-10-2007 at 04:43 PM.
ILuvThisGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 05:38 PM   #5
TarHeelBorn
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvThisGame
yea if I hear about the Magic once more, probably going to shoot myself.
Seriously! At first people bash the Shard signing yet they think it's going to help so much.

But I hate that we didn't sign Darko b/c he is under appreciated and it would have left us with an even more amazing starting 5 and helped our bench in the process. Plus it would have been wonderful to see him flourish here right in front of the Magic's eyes.
TarHeelBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 07:02 PM   #6
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

You'all--you know what to expect from the get-go. The Cats will do well and then everyone and their uncle-in-law will make some excuse for why the Cats played well--you know--the other team had too many guys out with injuries, yada yada. We all know the story. And we all will get very frustrated and threaten to pull our guns out of our closets and go on a shooting spree,,,,,,,Figuratively, guys. Figuratively.
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 08:29 PM   #7
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Haha...smart move to say "figuratively"...you never know who is reading and who will take you too literally.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 08:32 PM   #8
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
Haha...smart move to say "figuratively"...you never know who is reading and who will take you too literally.

Actually, I figured that you might delete my post without the qualifier.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:33 PM   #9
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Oh no. I come from a southern town. So expressions like "I'm gonna kill you" or other sadistic and borderline maniacal statements are just figures of speech. So I'm pretty lenient on stuff like that.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 09:18 PM   #10
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
Oh no. I come from a southern town. So expressions like "I'm gonna kill you" or other sadistic and borderline maniacal statements are just figures of speech. So I'm pretty lenient on stuff like that.

I, too, come from a southern town. Southern California. When someone makes threats like those above you can't just assume that they are just figures of speech.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:26 PM   #11
ILuvThisGame
My Swag is Phenomenal

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewickedlady
I, too, come from a southern town. Southern California. When someone makes threats like those above you can't just assume that they are just figures of speech.

not "The South"..... lol, come down around the mason-dixon and see how southern you think San Diego is. Until you have rednecks driving trucks flying rebel flags behind them and hate crimes are technically committed once every 10 minutes.... you are not in the South
Old 10-11-2007, 12:44 AM   #12
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Quote:
not "The South"..... lol, come down around the mason-dixon and see how southern you think San Diego is. Until you have rednecks driving trucks flying rebel flags behind them and hate crimes are technically committed once every 10 minutes.... you are not in the South

Redneck attitudes can be found just about everywhere in our country. The more rural the area you live in (in southern california, for example) the more gun-oriented, right-wing, racist and crackpot the locals become. I'm not referring to those rural folks who have meth labs and who are strung out on sh**. No we don't have folks flying the rebel flags from their trucks in So Cal and I'm certainly not trying to make any comparisons, just to tell a bit of what I know as I learn a bit more by reading what you know. Here in NC I was worried about the safety of a couple who came to visit from the west coast because theirs is an interracial marriage. That's not something I'd be worried about if we were in L.A.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:41 AM   #13
ILuvThisGame
My Swag is Phenomenal

I just thought it was funny considering Southern California as the south.... I agree with what your saying. FYI a meth lab blew up down the street from my grandparents house. all the neighbors "just knew he was doing something illegal in that shack" as you look in their backyards and see hundreds of roosters being raised for **** fights.... all while Mike Vick is being persecuted for animal cruelty and made to look like the most ignorant guy around
Old 10-11-2007, 02:24 PM   #14
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Quote:
I just thought it was funny considering Southern California as the south.... I agree with what your saying. FYI a meth lab blew up down the street from my grandparents house. all the neighbors "just knew he was doing something illegal in that shack" as you look in their backyards and see hundreds of roosters being raised for **** fights.... all while Mike Vick is being persecuted for animal cruelty and made to look like the most ignorant guy around

I was really only being tongue-in-cheek about southern California being 'the south.' Maybe I ought to quit trying to be funny so I don't end up with foot-in-mouth!
Old 10-11-2007, 02:45 PM   #15
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewickedlady
I was really only being tongue-in-cheek about southern California being 'the south.' Maybe I ought to quit trying to be funny so I don't end up with foot-in-mouth!

Noooo!!!! Dry wit is most appreciated (and after last night we might need all we can get!)...and yours almost always give me a chuckle.
~spectre~ is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: