Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 10-12-2007, 01:52 PM   #16
Sascol
Saw a basketball once

Default Re: Official Gamecast: Bobcats @ Hawks, 10/11, 7:00 ET, Philips Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewickedlady
Adam Morrison
Thanks.....is that a widely used nickname or one used only on this board? I've never seen it before.
Sascol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 07:01 PM   #17
liverpooty
Local High School Star

"LOL Dude...it was the 2nd game in preseason; nothing's "obvious" at this point. What is it with Ammo's fans hating on Fabio? They aren't even projected to play the same position...Coach V sees him as a PF."

Im not your" dude", and its actually very obvious at this point. There was actually an article in the Charlotte Observer the other day stating how well Morrison was playing. If you can please pinpoint where I am hating on "Fabio" than please do so, I was just pointing out that thus far Morrison is outplaying him, and is more than likely the 6th man off of the bench in front of Hermann if Vincent chooses to go with the Felton,Richardson,Wallace,Okafor,Hollins lineup.
liverpooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 07:37 PM   #18
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

If Vincent cannot see that Hollins is not a starter at C at this point and that our only hope is with Okafor at C, then perhaps MJ ought to re-think having hired Vincent. Since when can Hollins go up against league All-Stars and MVPs? Some day, maybe, but not now.
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 08:36 PM   #19
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by liverpooty
"LOL Dude...it was the 2nd game in preseason; nothing's "obvious" at this point. What is it with Ammo's fans hating on Fabio? They aren't even projected to play the same position...Coach V sees him as a PF."

Im not your" dude", and its actually very obvious at this point. There was actually an article in the Charlotte Observer the other day stating how well Morrison was playing. If you can please pinpoint where I am hating on "Fabio" than please do so, I was just pointing out that thus far Morrison is outplaying him, and is more than likely the 6th man off of the bench in front of Hermann if Vincent chooses to go with the Felton,Richardson,Wallace,Okafor,Hollins lineup.

Wow...kinda touchy aren't we? I didn't say you were "my" anything...so no need to get bent outta shape.

We've played TWO preseason games. Coach V is evaluating his players and giving PT in all sorts of ways. Ammo has done well these past two games no doubt, but that doesn't MEAN anything so far as being obvious. He had 3 outstanding games last season...what did that mean? He also stunk it up for 70+.

Look at our roster and listen to the coach. He envisions Fabio as a power forward. Ammo is a shooting forward...they'll cover two different positions and are NOT in competition for PT.

If Mek gets two fouls he subs in Fabio or Davidson...if Crash gets 2 fouls he subs in Ammo or Dudley. As thin as we are at the 4 and 5 I doubt seriously if any of the SFs need to worry about losing much time to him.

I was actually pretty pleased with what Ammo brought last night...but after last season I know nothing's "obvious".

Last edited by ~spectre~ : 10-12-2007 at 08:39 PM.
~spectre~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 08:43 PM   #20
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

Quote:
If Vincent cannot see that Hollins is not a starter at C at this point and that our only hope is with Okafor at C, then perhaps MJ ought to re-think having hired Vincent. Since when can Hollins go up against league All-Stars and MVPs? Some day, maybe, but not now.

I've resolved myself into thinking no matter what, giving Twiggy PT can only help. He did have a good game last night...granted it was against Shellhead & the rook Horford...but Smith was in the mix too. I was particularly pleased with the rebounding, but the % makes me think he's taking what's there vs. trying to be an offensive force.

If nothing else...game situations will force Coach V to think out of his box.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:45 PM   #21
ILuvThisGame
My Swag is Phenomenal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~spectre~
I've resolved myself into thinking no matter what, giving Twiggy PT can only help. He did have a good game last night...granted it was against Shellhead & the rook Horford...but Smith was in the mix too. I was particularly pleased with the rebounding, but the % makes me think he's taking what's there vs. trying to be an offensive force.

If nothing else...game situations will force Coach V to think out of his box.
I've always been the "Let the young guy play!" kinda guy but for some reason playing hollins 20+ a night doesn't sit well with me.... thinking about it tho, he can't be any worse than Brezec is and next year he may be a legit starter if he's given this season to learn and progress. He may not help our playoff hopes, but he may help our future.
ILuvThisGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 11:29 AM   #22
liverpooty
Local High School Star

lol, Im not getting bent out of shape by any means, and I respect your opinion, but I dont believe Vincent will be starting Hermann at the 4. I believe he will go with either a Felton,Richardson,Wallace, Okafor,Hollins lineup for put Davidson in for Hollins and move Okafor to center.
Old 10-13-2007, 12:26 PM   #23
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

Quote:
lol, Im not getting bent out of shape by any means, and I respect your opinion, but I dont believe Vincent will be starting Hermann at the 4. I believe he will go with either a Felton,Richardson,Wallace, Okafor,Hollins lineup for put Davidson in for Hollins and move Okafor to center.

Well good; this is only a discussion forum after all...and we are pulling for the same team.

There's no frigging doubt that Coach V isn't starting Fabio at the 4 right now...he's been quoted repeatedly as saying he wants Mek at the PF spot and not the C. A lot disagree with starting a 50th pick who...loosely quoting Mek here..."is like a puppy just put out in the yard", especially when our best lineup ever was exactly what he's fighting against. He's running the show tho...his call.

BTW...I talked to the communications director at the Raleigh Caravan thing, and he told me EVERYONE calls Hermann Fabio (just in case those quotes around "Fabio" meant anything).

BUT...I fully see Fabio playing the 4 off the bench...just like I see Ammo behind Crash and Dudley swinging between the 2.

This coach is ALL about positions, at least with the bigs.
Old 10-13-2007, 01:25 PM   #24
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Anyone going to Greensboro Coliseum tonight? We'll be in section 108 row F. Hope to see you'all there.
Old 10-14-2007, 12:00 AM   #25
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Thumbs up Re: Official Gamecast: Bobcats @ Hawks, 10/11, 7:00 ET, Philips Arena

What a game!!
Old 10-14-2007, 01:39 AM   #26
liverpooty
Local High School Star

Looked like a yawner from the box score. Looks like Riley let his bench do the work tonight.
Old 10-14-2007, 01:56 AM   #27
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Quote:
Looked like a yawner from the box score. Looks like Riley let his bench do the work tonight.

It was hardly a yawner! I could go on for half-an-hour about the game but you probably wouldn't want to hear it. There was a lot of excitement at the arena and for good cause.
Old 10-14-2007, 02:13 AM   #28
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

http://www.nba.com/bobcats/recap_heat_071013.html

Wallace Lays It On The Line In Win
By Matt Rochinski
bobcats.com

October 13, 2007
Boxscore

GREENSBORO, NC – Don’t tell Gerald Wallace it’s only the preseason.

“There’s no preseason, there’s no offseason – whenever you step out on the court, you want to win,” the Bobcats swingman said Saturday. “No matter what I’m doing, when I step out on the court I try to win.”

Miami got Wallace’s message loud and clear in front of 14,525 at the Greensboro Coliseum, as he led the Bobcats to their first 2007 preseason victory, 92-76, over the Heat.

Wallace finished with a game-high 19 points and added five rebounds, five assists and four steals in 27 minutes of action. He also hit the ground 14 times – yes, 14 times. At least by teammate Jeff McInnis’ count – he could be heard keeping track with some of his teammates on the sidelines.

“(McInnis) didn’t tell me about that,” Wallace laughed. “But I think it was one of the coaches who told me and was messing with me saying, ‘You do know your contract is guaranteed right? You know they’re not going to cut you?’ I understand, but it’s just the way I play.”

Three preseason games into his head coaching tenure with the Bobcats, Sam Vincent is experiencing firsthand what has made Bobcats coaches, players and fans alike cringe when Wallace hits the floor on either end of the court, usually after a spectacular offensive or defensive play.

“I love his passion, I love his energy, and man, he gets in the passing lanes great,” Vincent said of his co-captain. “What concerns me is how often he is on the floor. I actually mentioned to him that I cringe every time he falls. I don’t want him falling that many times, so we’re going to have to come up with something. I’m not sure what it is, but I really don’t want to see Gerald falling that much.”

Wallace said he’s well aware of Vincent’s concern.

“I think we can come to an agreement, but he might cut me,” Wallace laughed. “It’s just the way I play – the passion that I have and my love for the game. I just play all out, and hitting the floor is nothing new to me. I feel like after the game if I didn’t hit the floor enough times, then I really wasn’t playing. It’s fun for me.”

What’s fun for Wallace can be nerve-wracking for others. So how do you go about keeping this irresistible force from hitting immovable objects?

"There were a lot of things that we did well. My biggest focus is building a solid step. Our offense got better and defense got better."
-- Head Coach Sam Vincent
Last year his teammates hung a “No Diving” sign in Wallace’s locker. That didn’t work, so Vincent might take another route – one just short of sending him on the in full-body armor.

“Maybe we get him some elbow pads and knee pads,” Vincent half-joked. “It’s a long year and we’re going to need him and his energy.”

With newcomer Jason Richardson not with the team in Greensboro for a family reason, Wallace was the spark Charlotte needed on Saturday. After falling behind 9-3 early in the first quarter, G-Force scored nine points in a 19-4 run that put the Bobcats up 22-13 with 3:29 left in the frame, and they never trailed from that point.

Wallace led four Bobcats scoring in double-digits, followed by Matt Carroll (17 points), Raymond Felton (13) and Adam Morrison (10). Six other Charlotte players finished with five-or-more points in what was a complete team effort.

“It feels good, not only to get the win but to see the progress of our team in the past three games,” Wallace said. “In the first game (in Orlando), we came out and embarrassed ourselves and looked bad. The second game (in Atlanta), we got a little better and you could see the improvement. Now, in the third game, the progress is evident. I think we’re taking the right steps… Hopefully the next five game we’ll continue to improve and be where we want to be as we head into the regular season.”

NOTES: Props to second-year guard/forward Adam Morrison. He’s the only Bobcats player to score in double-digits in all three games this preseason… Sharpshooter Matt Carroll was lighting things up against the Heat. He finished the night shooting 6-9 from the field and 3-4 from three-point range… Gerald Wallace got to the charity stripe (15 times), seven less times than the entire Heat team (22) but managed to connect on only one fewer freebie, 12-13… So why was Charlotte able to run away with this one? Literally because it was on the run. Charlotte scored 30 points off 21 Miami turnovers and outscored the Heat on the break16-6… On Friday, the Bobcats waived centers Deji Akindele and Marcus Campbell and forward Gabe Muoneke. All three players signed as free agents on Oct. 1, prior to the start of training camp. Muoneke appeared in both Bobcats preseason games and averaged 4.0 points and 1.0 rebound in 9.0 minutes. Akindele played four minutes against Atlanta in his only preseason appearance. Campbell, who spent the 2005-06 preseason with the Bobcats, did not see game action.
Old 10-14-2007, 07:47 AM   #29
Bobcat4Ever
Six Pack Cat

Why didn't you guy post this in Gamethread? Not mad, just wondering.
Bobcat4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 08:40 AM   #30
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

Quote:
It was hardly a yawner! I could go on for half-an-hour about the game but you probably wouldn't want to hear it. There was a lot of excitement at the arena and for good cause.

AT ALL!!!!

Bobcat4Ever why not move this over to the other game thread, as I'd love to hear OneWickedLady's take and I'm definitely giving mine! I'll hold off though til you clean things up (or not...just let us know what you want to do).
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: