Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Knicks will not match offer

The Knicks FO is almost as embarrassing as some of the fans rationalizations.

LOL, Dolan.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47DR91
    That's the thing that really bothers me about this. They have two seasons to figure out what to do with the 2014-15 contracts.

Amare and Chandler will be 32 years old on the last year of their contracts.
    Melo will be 30 and has a player option that last year.
    They also have the option to let Lin go after two years.

They have the option to trade or cut Melo, Amare, Chandler and/or Lin before 2014-15 season starts. They can easily have all 4 for the next two seasons.

Let's be honest, money isn't the issue here. It's egos and locker-room politics.
    I totally agree. This is confirmed by the recent comments by Melo, and Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujo
    I totally agree. This is confirmed by the recent comments by Melo, and Smith.
    Tell me the context of what Melo said (the question asked prior). I dare you. I doubt you know.

Default Re: Knicks will not match offer for Jeremy Lin

People, LIN DID NOT WANT TO STAY. He structured a contract to allow him to leave. Is this not even possible?

I rule the local playground

JR Smith just retweeted the following:

@TheRealJRSmith
    RT @SportsCenter: Report: Knicks WILL NOT match Houston's offer sheet for Jeremy Lin. @JLin7 will join Rockets - http://es.pn/Mij2vT

Can't believe some people think Lin is worth dropping 30 million for. Get out of the hype fellas. He's a solid baller, but 15 million plus luxury tax? No sir. Not to mention we're talking about a system that made Raymond Felton look like an All-Star.

AK47DR91
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    People, LIN DID NOT WANT TO STAY. He structured a contract to allow him to leave. Is this not even possible?
    It's hard to sell somebody not wanting to play in New York City. Madison Square Garden of all places. Unless that person set on forming a Big 3 elsewhere.

What would be the reason to leave New York?
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinJDW
    Can't believe some people think Lin is worth dropping 30 million for. Get out of the hype fellas. He's a solid baller, but 15 million plus luxury tax? No sir. Not to mention we're talking about a system that made Raymond Felton look like an All-Star.
    That system was ousted on March 14th. Felton won't be playing with Amare, Gallo, Wilson Chandler and Fields either.

It's a whole new team from when he was there. It's the Melo-ball system now.
    Last edited by AK47DR91; 07-17-2012 at 05:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by asd
    JR Smith just retweeted the following:

@TheRealJRSmith
    RT @SportsCenter: Report: Knicks WILL NOT match Houston's offer sheet for Jeremy Lin. @JLin7 will join Rockets - http://es.pn/Mij2vT

At least he's paying attention. Amare is posting shit about his rappers.

I rule the local playground

It's hard to sell somebody not wanting to play in New York City. Madison Square Garden of all places. Unless that person set on forming a Big 3 elsewhere.

locker room politics / jealousy / racism

lin has faced an uphill battle because of his last name alone
    for those that can't fathom racism being a part of it (niko)
    get a clue

What i have heard was that he didn't like the attention (it stressed him deeply) and that he was promised a pipeline to china via Yao Ming and a huge money stream that way (which is actually against NBA rules but whatever...can't prove that).

Maybe he rather be on a crappy team being "Linsane" than a better one he'd be neutered. PLayers like to play.

Quote Originally Posted by asd
    locker room politics / jealousy / racism

lin has faced an uphill battle because of his last name alone
    for those that can't fathom racism being a part of it (niko)
    get a clue
    The Knicks did not release Lin because they are racist. That's just stupid. You are stupid. Extremely stupid. As someone who is puerto rican, and been thrown up against cars, stopped for driving nice cars, etc. a person like you who sees racism in this strikes me as somewhere between retarded and just stupid.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

What i have heard was that he didn't like the attention (it stressed him deeply) and that he was promised a pipeline to china via Yao Ming and a huge money stream that way (which is actually against NBA rules but whatever...can't prove that).

Maybe he rather be on a crappy team being "Linsane" than a better one he'd be neutered. PLayers like to play.
    its probably more about the coach and team plan than the city. seriously, woodson is an isoball kind of coach. lin is a PnR type of player. he will be a much better fit under McHale (or antoni) than under woodson.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

I rule the local playground Linspired's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    lin isnt chinese
    don't be a smart a$$

that's like saying irish aren't blokes

AK47DR91
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

It's most likely the latter then. Can you blame a guy wanting to be a bigger part of the team?

Money probably played a small part. The kid got a multi-million dollar deal with Volvo(car???) during the weeks of Linsanity. He'll rake in the dough regardless as long as he can put up respectable numbers.

So I think my assumption of egos and locker-room politics are likely to be the reason for this fallout is probably more true than just an assumption. Lin, like any other player, has an ego too. He stated that he didn't like seeing D'Antoni leave. His teammates also have egos, they definitely didn't like the fact that he was getting all the attention and fame. You can go look at all the Melo reactions when he was in a suit during Linsanity. Melo was never that excited or happy.

Oh, and the Rockets can't be done dealing yet. They got something planned.