Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Default Dear #CancelColbert:

"You are a bunch of ****ing idiots. And everything wrong with America, of course. "

That was my initial reaction.

But thinking about it, I delete something like one out of every 273 racial and homophobic slurs I see on the NBA forum, which actually makes me a weak force for censorship and every slur isn't being used by a raging bigot, often it's just some ignorant teen.

So who am I to judge a bunch of twits that are overreacting to a joke? It could be argued that I do the same thing several times a day.

The moral of the story? I have no idea. Which may mean that I'm just stupid. Oh well.

   

Default Re: Dear #CancelColbert:

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    "You are a bunch of ****ing idiots. And everything wrong with America, of course. "

That was my initial reaction.

But thinking about it, I delete something like one out of every 273 racial and homophobic slurs I see on the NBA forum, which actually makes me a weak force for censorship and every slur isn't being used by a raging bigot, often it's just some ignorant teen.

So who am I to judge a bunch of twits that are overreacting to a joke? It could be argued that I do the same thing several times a day.

The moral of the story? I have no idea. Which may mean that I'm just stupid. Oh well.
    well said, and i tend to observe my own reactions the same way in many areas.

also, "overreacting" might be another way of saying 'reacting to the last link in the chain without regard to the chain itself... if you know what i mean. that very much fits the colbert story, from what i understand.

the previous link(s) might be too much to handle, so they stop at the one that they feel righteousness / authority over.

Quote Originally Posted by Shabba Ranks
    do you even lift ?

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shabba Ranks
    do you even lift ?
    Weights? A few times a week. What an odd question.
    Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    well said, and i tend to observe my own reactions the same way in many areas.

also, "overreacting" might be another way of saying 'reacting to the last link in the chain without regard to the chain itself... if you know what i mean. that very much fits the colbert story, from what i understand.

the previous link(s) might be too much to handle, so they stop at the one that they feel righteousness / authority over.
    It's just crazy to me that people don't get Colbert (and that wasn't even Colbert). The inability to comprehend what he's doing on TV is a bad sign for a person's intelligence.

National High School Star Rodmantheman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Macho Man
    anyone who gets legitimately upset by jokes or anything anyone says really is pretty much a huge fgt
    Our society is becoming so sensitive.

   

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    Weights? A few times a week. What an odd question.
    It's just crazy to me that people don't get Colbert (and that wasn't even Colbert). The inability to comprehend what he's doing on TV is a bad sign for a person's intelligence.
    i think it's just as much a refusal as it is an inability. maybe moreso, by and large.

still amazed that the bush team brought colbert in as the featured comic during that white house press dinner a few years back.

Very good NBA starter

The whole #cancelcolbert thing is case of people reacting to a tweet without understanding the whole context of the joke. Its honestly just a case of misunderstanding.

NBA Legend

Dont know what this is about, but am positive if a conservative pundit did the EXACT SAME THING that Colbert did, whatever it was, OP would be screaming and pissing himself.

OP is well known to be LITERALLY the most pissy uptight PC f@ggot pansy on this board.

Im more upset by how lazy the joke is.

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    The whole #cancelcolbert thing is case of people reacting to a tweet without understanding the whole context of the joke. Its honestly just a case of misunderstanding.
    I don't respond well to people who misunderstand me, so I think we should cancel all Asians. There, I said what we were all thinking

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by DMV2
    At first I thought his show was cancelled.

After googling the story I had to .
    same, Colbert>Stewart imo, but its close

People are so sensitive these days, and the advent of social media just causes everything to be blown out of proportion.

Colbert isn't really funny. I'd probably cancel him for that alone.

He pokes fun at the government and it's funny but then he passive aggressively is a homer for certain politicians and policies which just ruins the show imo.

It reminds me of Isaac Hayes and the Scientology stuff. He had no problem making fun of every other religion, but when it hit his own it was suddenly "out of bounds" or whatever. They had said the people who started this Cancel Cobert stuff watch his show every week, if they've gone and laughed along about every other piece of race based satire he's done, then it comes across as you're only upset that he hit you with the joke, which just reeks of being overly sensetive.

I dunno, it's hard to say, i'm white, i'm not exactly in the best position to tell people how to react to this stuff.