Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

Default is Miley Cyrus a marketing genius?

Her wrecking ball song is the #1 hit in the country right now...her celeb status is shooting right up to the top where Bieber, Perry, Gaga, etc are

Yes, I know she isn't that hot and I am sure her music absolutely sucks (never heard any of it really) but I find it hard not to respect her business tactics here...she is amassing enormous amounts of wealth...just by acting a bit racy.

People are such suckers for sex...it's crazy

Default Re: is Miley Cyrus a marketing genius?

the thing is. bieber didnt whip out his **** or prance around in his undies to get attention. he did it with his talent. dunno about miley's talent but she was well under control when she was on disney. shes trash right now.

you know who should be getting attention? people like jennifer lawrence, chick has like academy and golden globe already

Quote Originally Posted by talkingconch
    the thing is. bieber didnt whip out his **** or prance around in his undies to get attention. he did it with his talent. dunno about miley's talent but she was well under control when she was on disney. shes trash right now.

you know who should be getting attention? people like jennifer lawrence, chick has like academy and golden globe already
    lol...seriously?

Bieber might as well be a male stripper for teenage girls

who cares though?...I have respect for his business tactics as well

Love Live Life

It's the same as Rihanna.

Nobody was checking for her when she first came out then she started doing crazy shit for spotlight and now everybody thinks she the best thing since sliced bread.

Everybody gonna started thinking Miley is sexy and that she some kinda icon soon.

Controversy and sex sales

Banned

The music industry these days make me depressed. All it takes is for a mildly attractive girl to get her clothes off to steal some headlines around release time for their single and it'll be a hit. If you actually listen to their music it's terrible and most of the time they have nothing to do with making the actual music. A friend of mine works with a boy band here that sucks (the janowskians or some bullshit) and they were picked up by a label based on some stupid youtube videos they had doing pranks, asked to sing even though they couldn't, put in a studio then auto tuned to sound like they could sing. The kids were being teased about how shit their band is but they were upset as they hadn't done anything other then take money and sing lyrics provided. All fake bullshit.

I don't understand people calling Miley ugly.

I mean she's not overly "hot", but she's cute. I'd deff hit that.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
    lol...seriously?

Bieber might as well be a male stripper for teenage girls

who cares though?...I have respect for his business tactics as well
    Bieber was talented for a kid tho.

He was writing songs, playing piano, guitar, drums rather well for a boy his age (at that time). Specially when you compare him to artists 3 times his age, let alone those in their 20s Bieber was talented.

Now, his music may not have been great (there's actually a couple of well produced songs) but it's wrong to say he wasn't talented.

And although his music generally sucks, I do respect him as an artist a ton more than many pop artists today and the past, including r&b artists.

Local High School Star TheReturn's Avatar

Yeah, because it works. F*ck the world we live in.

Britney 2.0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ci4EAmF1bZo

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923

He was writing songs, playing piano, guitar, drums rather well for a boy his age (at that time). Specially when you compare him to artists 3 times his age, let alone those in their 20s Bieber was talented.

Now, his music may not have been great (there's actually a couple of well produced songs) but it's wrong to say he wasn't talented.

And although his music generally sucks, I do respect him as an artist a ton more than many pop artists today and the past, including r&b artists.
    Yeah same thing with lady gaga, early videos of her show she actually had some talent, but in this day and age if you want to make it you have to sell out and release crappy stuff that sounds like it could be sung by anyone.

exercise profits littl MadeFromDust's Avatar

Well "Linda Lovelace" got famous too. Look her up to see how things worked out for her

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    Yeah same thing with lady gaga, early videos of her show she actually had some talent, but in this day and age if you want to make it you have to sell out and release crappy stuff that sounds like it could be sung by anyone.
    She has a good voice, but her music is watered down electronica pop/dance music with nothing to offer.

She had to change her image in order to sell.

But we shouldn't fool ourselves into thinking that it's only today's artists that have done that.

Many aritsts in the past have been almost insivisble until they crossed over into the pop world by changing their style/persona.

okay fair enough...I honestly don't know that much about Biebs

I think it is obvious though that his insane amount of fame is because teen girls think he is such a "super cutey" though...but I don't hate Biebs for that, it isn't his fault.

and I don't hate Miley for what she is doing...she is just playing the game by the current rules...she saw her window and dove through head first...it's not her fault the game is designed the way it is...

Madonna invented this routine... She used to do alot of crazy sex stunts to keep the public's attention, and piss off various groups

Banned

She has a good voice, but her music is watered down electronica pop/dance music with nothing to offer.

She had to change her image in order to sell.

But we shouldn't fool ourselves into thinking that it's only today's artists that have done that.

Many aritsts in the past have been almost insivisble until they crossed over into the pop world by changing their style/persona.
    while that's true you also had band getting picked up who actually played their own music and had their own styles as well. A talented band had a shot at getting a hit song, now most actually bands and musicians don't get the hit songs

You could look at it that way. I see a highly motivated young girl having fun and not caring about what people think of her. Marketing genius? Nah, there's not much genius to it at all. What's genius about a girl who enjoys attention, money, and fame? Let's not make it more than what it is